Protech Ecu

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm
lemme guess duck killer99,

u must be meaning the protechII ecu...

hmm...it seems like suitable for 4 cyl egines...urs campr being a 4 cyl engine...hmmm...

what ignition system u running? 2 coil or disty? hmmm...

questions..... questions......

lets leave it to guru leow to answer

or u could head to ur local mech to ask and gain info

or you could make a search on google, in this forum to find out whats best for u

or you could just buy a "better" car
i dunno...

lets just say....

it works for 4 cyl car..it should work for your campro...
maybe with some mods....but sure will work 1....

btw there is a plug and play solution by speedworks wif their AXT ecu fr australia. comes wif wiring harness..... so no hassle...

btw...campro engine...oledi tuned and "modded" by proton to give high hp figures.

the pwr n trq curves look like hi cam to me.....usually these kind of engines would be suited to be pulling chassis lightened to below 1 ton and in track racing below 1600cc class...

i've seen adj campully fit to gen2 campro w/o much improvement...

so lets just say its the best it could be...

just give it a good cai or turbokit and its done oledi i guess...heheh

btw urs not 1st batch campro?

i've seen broken cranks on 1st batch gen2s

sad but true...

ok dats all i know...so gbye n gnight

Well, Not all programable ecu can handle all engine.
Those engine install e-throttle body, like Campro, Sarvi, Invovar, this kind of engine setup have to use piggy-pack ecu, like e-management, Uni-chip, Orbit, because there can not control e-throttle-body. Unless, you modify it, like change e-throttle-body to "Normal" throttle body.
Waja 1.6 engine (Mitsubishi) setup like EVO-IV-V-VI, PROTECH-II can support it. I met one guy using PROTECH-II on 4G93T (Waja 1.6 )

Well, you need to modify the engine. the simples is boost up the "BAR" say 1.0 Bar.
You can see, even you upgrade to "Kensai" ecu from Jepun also can not increase horse power.
So, both of them have to "MATCH", ecu and engine.

For NA engine, not much can be done unless you upgrade the "CAMs" and "CAMs Wheel" and 4 throttle like Toyota Silver Top.

So, again, both of them have to "MATCH",ecu and engine.

muah haha hahah ahhahaa i feel high, so will talk technical now........

changing ecu have nothing to do with horse power figures, assumption all ecu contain perfect setting for that particular engine.

everyone unconciously think stock ecu hold horse power back to increase lifespan of engine..... this is mostly true...... but i don't know by how much...... different manufacturer uses different protection %

this is a bit like filters for speakers, allot of dick-head will use equalizers and cross-over with ridiculouos settings and trial of ridiculous combinations to get better sound..........

it simply doesn't work.......

speakers are like engines, they are bounded by many physical limits, we must understand their physical requirements to drive........

ecu is a device to control the requirements same as filters for speaker.

a balance is mandatory

well...icic

so wat if a super stock 4g93t install protech den go for dyno roughly wat da difference in da horse power...?

I'm also interested to know how much is the increment for torque & bhp on a rojak-ed 1.8L MIVEC if fitted with Protech ECU? I'm very interested to know in details especially technically. Thanx! :shades_smile:

oh no....my gen-2 is 1st batch, makes me scary now, coz no more warranty liao!!!
T_T

Well, all depend on setup engine and ecu.
Those super engine, modify from 1800 c.c to 2000 c.c ( i think so ), reduce CR to 8.0, change to 2 pair RC injectors ( well, say 800.00cc per pcs ), turbo upgrade ( very BIG ), Boost ( Well, 2.5 bar ) .....i don't know where it up to ? (horse power)
But, for ecu, please do not let the guy or tunner increase the ignition timming when in boost ( say from 0.5 bar )
You see, in order they want their power graph reach to MAX, they have to rise the ignition timming.(Mostly)
By the time you drive back to your home, the engine.......
So, you ONLY left behind is your ECU.
So, MODIFY Wisely and Choose Wisely......

hehehehhehheeh looks like no one understand what I said,........... no choice lah,.......... all want to play but don't want to use brain............

Any dyno chart of protech ecu engine?

No. No chart at all.
They not even have enough money to do dyno. No money to buy cheap note-book.

I think for any performance part to "Walk the walk" and not just "Talk the talk", It should be benchmarked to a Dyno chart.

The yanks have a saying "When the Hammer drops, the bull stops"

wat `super engine` setup not interesting enuf...any proven dyno result is more interesting

btw...yo ECU comes wt MSD o ignition amplifier function build in...?

I'm not trying to belittle Protec or anything.

I sincerely hope Protec will emerge as a front runner in Aftermarket Programable engine management system.

I'm a Ipoh boy and I'll be proud as hell something like Protec comes from Ipoh brains.

But I think alot of gum flapping won't do much good to Protec.

Strap it on a Dyno and show us the facts & figures.

It's just like some tuner or workshop who claims they are this good and tat good and they advertise in every imaginable motoring magazine.

Show customer the finish work and record. The result will be more thn enough to persude customers

Well, all depend on customer or car owner.( No money to pay for dyno )
Well, even branded ecu also have their "BAD" news.
Either the owner don't have money to pay or the installer ( dealer, dist ) eat up their "Blood" money.
Sometime, they pay few installament. When come to month end, you know( talk on money )..they will say "THIS" no good. Well, watch out on this guy...you know....
Well, for the finish work, come down have a look.( MY DEMO car,ha..ha...ha)
Again, no dyno on this too.( Standard engine, standard Boost ,4G61T )
Well, "This" product have a lot of "BAD" news and "GOOD" news.
Well, for myself, From "Head to head", "hand to hand", "leg to leg"..."product to money","money to live", "live to R & D"......"R & D to NEW product",product to support"..."support to owner"..."owner to good".."good to bad"..."bad to good"......Arr....."good to he..he...he....."

"THIS" ecu did not built in MSD or ignitor. You know "Malaysia Si Fu" lah, once they wire it wrong, "Boom......gi...gi "( sound from ecu ), blow into two parts and have to send back.....( some have to send back to U.S.A, Aus.... )

Well, for "THIS", don't worry, send back to Ipoh, Malaysia...ha..ha..ha ( At least, no need to wait long..long time ( well, few full moon )

Again, modify wisely and choose wisely....

Well anway, Good Luck.

Still I think Dynomometer is the bench mark for engine performance modication. Talking and here-say doesn't work anymore.

Oh by the way, since this thread is all about self advertising how good Protec is, etc, I'm afraid I have to shut you down.

As you may or may not know, commerical and comercial like postings/threads are only for registered merchants.

Pls contact the admin for details on becoming a registered merchant on ZTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom