my car all of a sudden tend to get rough idling, like my timing lari
first i thought intercooler hose came off or leaking somewhere
but when i off and start back the car, it runs fine back
oh yeah check engine light did come out
and this one day the car just dies off after a cruise
tow the car to mechanic
and he check all the wiring, took out the afc neo
all wiring was fine except that there were no sparks coming out from the plugs
we check the ignition coil, it was ok, we check the ballast, its ok but then they found out the timing sensor at the crank was spoiled
ok so we replace it, but then we turn the crank with a spannar and the timing plate was touching the sensor, so we thought the plate wasnt align anymore, so we got a new one, and we crank it again with spannar
and realise it is still touching, so we thought was the crank main pulley, thought mungkin dah makan at the side, and we got a new one also, replace it and crank it again, still touching, and now my mechanic says its the crankshaft inside dah makan at the side saying there's freeplay to the sides, is it possible?

now he's goin to take my old timing plate and cut of the edge and replace and machine it as a washer between the pulley and plate, is it safe to do it that way?

or should i just get an engine kosong? can evo7 engine kosong put in? or evo 6?

plz help me guyz, it's been a month we are trying to source the problem out and the only place i know can help me are u guyz
thanks alot guyz!

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
rough idling , battery indication light on, car died off and cannot start back...

is tat your battery ?LOL..or your alternator tat couldn't produce recharge to your battery and when tis happen, both mentioned above wil happen..not sure if this similiar wit 4g93t though :D

kenzo

6,000 RPM
ahha of coz first think we check is battery bro :P
how r u? long time no see
ya lah bro jinkl, tolong gua, but my car can start already, wat we did was we machine a plate like a washer between the crank pulley and timing plate, so it wont hit the timing sensor, did some running and check, not touching, but scared later rosak again, but the bushing is turning together with the plate and crank pulley...so it wont makan the plate or the pulley...

one more problem, my mechanic say he already lock my gearbox to 2wd, but my 1st,2nd and 3rd slip alot, but im using exedy 3 puck racing...and my flywheel is clean and level...any ideas ah guyz? there's no black oil or gearbox oil leaking to the clutch area also...

nan83

Known Member
Nov 14, 2004
Pasir Mas,Kel
by assuming you not know the truth... just open & check the clutch.. dun no lah if you already mod a lots or you abuse it.. hehehe..... so the clutch cannot tahan..
if not over 380hp.. i think exedy can do the job nicely

wasteg4te

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
jb
halo bro.
u are using 3 puck exedy with a cover
or still using stock clutch cover?
hehhe
just asking

viper5965

Known Member
Oct 6, 2007
ahha of coz first think we check is battery bro :P
how r u? long time no see
ya lah bro jinkl, tolong gua, but my car can start already, wat we did was we machine a plate like a washer between the crank pulley and timing plate, so it wont hit the timing sensor, did some running and check, not touching, but scared later rosak again, but the bushing is turning together with the plate and crank pulley...so it wont makan the plate or the pulley...

one more problem, my mechanic say he already lock my gearbox to 2wd, but my 1st,2nd and 3rd slip alot, but im using exedy 3 puck racing...and my flywheel is clean and level...any ideas ah guyz? there's no black oil or gearbox oil leaking to the clutch area also...
yr mech say him already lock yr g/b to 2wd..u c where his lock inside g/b?i mean ermm..his only lock at shaft not all the pinion or welding is cracking..i think it not cluth slip but yr lsd inside g/b tumpang is running over.it can happen while u running in 1st,2nd and 3rd gear..if u running over n over it will effect to yr bearing at g/b tumpang..it happen to me old time ago,my car sleep in w.shop around 3 month.very diffc n expnsif to find that bearing..wt u must do,u must dismantle back yr g/b tumpang n check the welding condition first? and find where his lock?

Trinityblood

3,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2007
what i see this, many of my friend also complainning about SAFC NEO, like jam engine or engine light on or some what
it may be the neo wiring to the computer box bro...ask them to chek it bck,
i personaly xprience it b4...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im asking ur opinion guys..
there are so many brand outside..duratech,supertech,eagle,wiseco, JE, BC, manley...... which brand are the best for 4g63 engine?

as i know, the most popular brand nowdays is wiseco but some said they got factory at taiwan..so..my fren not recommended to use it coz maybe or maybe not the quality drop.. (correct me if im wrong)

manley: i heard diz brand are the best..but its not popular compare to other brands.. y? izit coz of the price? or wat i heard is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience