peugout 405 convert ae111 engine

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

angeldeservetosleep

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
heaven
www.myteamcity.com
my bro ask me the question. i still finding the answer.
anyone can comment? how reliable the engine is? how powerfull to engine is to bring the heavy 1200kg body? 1.9 downgrade to 1.6?
it is auto tranny~! help me plz~! :)

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
depend on engine if force induction like turbo or supercharger no prob if n/a, will make ur car under perform, if u seee a 1.6 supercharger car is same as 2.4 engine car power (HP) auto or manual dont make much different as engine tht supply the power, but as we know auto is abit slow at the beginning as the computer calculate wht gear u need to use and u cant overwrite it like manual, other thn tht i think it is nothing

but if u want expert advise i can recommend u a mech, u can ask him, since he always do engine conversion

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
i thought 405 was 2.0 ? last time mine had trouble also , and i think one of the RB engines can fit in but dun remember which one ...

Bump: i thought 405 was 2.0 ? last time mine had trouble also , and i think one of the RB engines can fit in but dun remember which one ...

angeldeservetosleep

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
heaven
www.myteamcity.com
the new engine is 160bhp if not mistaken but the torque is more then same then the ori engine....
=) any issue for ae111 engine? the mechanic says the engine is 4 throttle black top. so im thnking no supercharger no turbo~! NA only

mine 1st batch~! 93 production. the first 2 or 3 years, it only get 1.9 as the cc is 1913cc. the 95 production getting the same engine with citroen zx that is 2.0 because the cc is 1983cc.
correct me if im wrong~!

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
if same hp then no prob i think,
but i nt familiar with toyota engine, some ppl say tht tooyota engine are good so can even work with heavy car

Last edited:

angeldeservetosleep

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
heaven
www.myteamcity.com
hp quite improve actuali. ori engine around 120bhp. only torque a bit same.
his car got some mods there like open pods, VS, PC, micro compressor(will be fit into new engine also). been able to tail any 2.5cc car. but due to maintance and the engine block already bocor, plan to change. jz want to know if some ae111 engine owner can share their experience in terms of durability and power~!

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
i still remember flying this car over bumps , almost every bumps the faster u go , the less u will feel , high end merc and beemers also no match for flying bumps , the seats are super comfortable , but engine very expensive 2 maintain , remember changing one of the reverse fuse or whatever it is , need 2 take out the whole engine coz located at the bottom , freaked me when the bill came , maybe i was being slaughtered ...

try to get a more powerful engine , as the body is damm heavy as far as i remember ... anyway mine was a GTI , what's the difference between those srs etc etc
??

angeldeservetosleep

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
heaven
www.myteamcity.com
the different i cnt tell coz i forgot ed. my mechanic did explain b4. mine was the 405sri manual. slightly the different is the BK. bumper not same. the dashboard for gti a bit boxy compare to sri one. SRi one is the car more to the same with the Mi-16 models in term of interior. engine is different. if not mistaken my model engine is TUJP3. while the GTi model is TUJp1. if not mistaken la... kinda forgot as long2 time ago been explain. perforrmance, the most fastest bring up to malaysia is 1.9sri version~! :biggrin::biggrin:
yes maintain a bit expensive. same to maintain the merc, beemer or anythng else. actuali bcoz of the new price is alot cheaper then beemer@merc, diz car been under rated. it is nice car to compare with the other conti cars. my family been usng it since 1993. still running smoothly on others except engine gone. block pecah. coz of economical downforce, i was planning to downgrade to japan engine as it more reliable to maintain. had source the Mi-16(165bhp,2.0 N/A) engine first. later found out the engine has the valve problem. then source for Ti-16 engine (198bhp,2.0 turbocharged). the engine believe to be reliable and longer lasting compare to Mi-16 engine (based on i read at outside forum). the engine cost real bomb~! manage to find it somewhere in kl at RM17K without installation~! :thefinger::thefinger:
closes with Mi-16 engine is the latest version of SRi 2.0. but the engine still have the valve problem and yes it is downgrade and slower then 1.9 version. maintanance still sky high one~! thats the reason why i choose to use japs engine.
after searching for reliable source and workmanship, believe that 4 throttle engine has the closest mounting with the stock engine. plan to put vtec firstly but even garang auto said will be major problem if install in 2 3 years later. they said, if 4 throttle engine, it can last around 10years without any mounting problem.

and now i want to know the capability of the engine. how durable the engine. can it drive the heavy 1200kg++ body... any1 know? i know some1 had put inside AE101 into citroen zx and has no problem in term of power. hopefuli toyota members can help me to figure diz out.
:driver::driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Do you think this engine oil is just really that bad? I thinking to use but after i saw a friend post this then i think i better you more branded engine oil. my service is coming soon also 0.o

The post too long so here is the story just share: Click Below can read.
Engine Up Engine Oil Sucks! Nearly damage my car!!!!!!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience