Perdana V6 Community Forum *

zhenlin

Jun 13, 2007
Yeah , found myself a copy lol, a dealer was kind enough to let me photostat.

Anyone know how to remove the center panel ? where to start? coz i think the lightbulb for my aircond swtiches fell off since its unlit at night

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
for SEI and V6 1st model, just slide forward the centre console (on the gear lever)..
and unscrew 2 screws to open the centre console (the aircond and radio)..

zhenlin

Jun 13, 2007
I got the manual already thx for the offer...Mine is the 07 so i dont know if its the same as the 1st gen v6. So far so good with the car, enjoying the drive and available power, its still no v8 though lol

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

But theres this high pitch sound that appears from time to time....sounds like its coming from the rear....anyone experienced this before?

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

To answer the question - yes it was the same, just remove the center console

fixed the lighting at the ac control panel - broke the ac button while at it :itsme: (gonna have to order a new part and drive w/o a/c tmr)

and also fixed the red/white rca cable to stereo (The sound only comes out from the front speaker somehow). The saga continues..

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
I got the manual already thx for the offer...Mine is the 07 so i dont know if its the same as the 1st gen v6. So far so good with the car, enjoying the drive and available power, its still no v8 though lol

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

But theres this high pitch sound that appears from time to time....sounds like its coming from the rear....anyone experienced this before?

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

To answer the question - yes it was the same, just remove the center console

fixed the lighting at the ac control panel - broke the ac button while at it :itsme: (gonna have to order a new part and drive w/o a/c tmr)

and also fixed the red/white rca cable to stereo (The sound only comes out from the front speaker somehow). The saga continues..
V6 is enuff la. if u have the money, sure u buy V8 already. haha...

high pitch sound? example like?
usually high pitch sound come from the front..

broke aircond button? so u can only switch blower but not aircond? hehe, i've experienced the same thing. tangan gatal open this and that, then broke the button..

get better speakers for fronts, they're only 4" speakers, sound very low..
buy 6.5" component speakers and install to ur door panel..
sure sedap..:biggrin:

jien1329

Known Member
Sep 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
yep. theres a high pitch sound.. like a jet in high speed is it? haha dunno where it come from, but i kinda like the sound.. no blow off, boost whatever. just a stock v6. hihi

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
yup... my walbro is damn noisy.. like a remote control car inside the fuel tank.. haha..

zhenlin

Jun 13, 2007
nono...its definetly from the back, its high pitch like when the mic is too near the speaker.....

regarding the AUX and radio - i plugged into the wrong one, there was in total 3 sets, 1 front, 1 rear and 1 for both front and rear.

jien1329

Known Member
Sep 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
nono...its definetly from the back, its high pitch like when the mic is too near the speaker.....

regarding the AUX and radio - i plugged into the wrong one, there was in total 3 sets, 1 front, 1 rear and 1 for both front and rear.
could u pls upload the pic of the aux connection? i installed the aux cable but the sound is terrible.. u have the original clarion or changed already?

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
maybe the high pitch sound u are hearing is like aeroplane sound?
if it is, then its ur speakers wiring need to be redone.

does the sound comes when your radio is ON and in between songs, the picth sound is clearer but when song is playing the pitch slows down?
have u tried switching OFF ur radio and drive?
and try to disconnect the wire from the speaker..

jien1329

Known Member
Sep 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
maybe the high pitch sound u are hearing is like aeroplane sound?
if it is, then its ur speakers wiring need to be redone.

does the sound comes when your radio is ON and in between songs, the picth sound is clearer but when song is playing the pitch slows down?
have u tried switching OFF ur radio and drive?
and try to disconnect the wire from the speaker..
is it? but i didn find the sound irritating.. so maybe its okay if i just leave it as it is.. hehe :driver:

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
my car alos have this aeroplane sound whenever i switch ON my radio.
but it only to the front speakers as i can use my radio and pre-amp to isolate each speakers. the rears are ok.
this aeroplane sound kinda irritating to me la.
wanna redo my wiring as i have a big roll of speaker wire, but kemalasan melanda.. :slug:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, to all Sifu. i faced this problems since yesterday. the ABS and the Handbrake lights constant illuminated since yesterday. Since today is a Deepavali Public Holiday, so, i plan to send my car to Toyota SC for checking because my car is still under warranty. i also went to other workshop today to check and see whether my car chassis or brake part got problems or not. but the boss told me that my car everything goes well and seem like nothing happen to my car. we also tried to reset the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience