Original Momo Steering Wheel problem pls Help

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sulkyb

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
Dear Mloc'ians,

I further need ur expert advice as i've no where else to turn to. My questions are as follows,

When one removes the original steering with airbag in it, the srs light will turn on. how to remove this light from being on.

Lets say if the original steering wheels we wanna put back is it difficult? is there alot of wiring or gadjets and gizmos? As known the ori wheel will have its airbag. should we go to an expert to later verify that is installed properly.

Donwanna later while driving kena one hump or lubang the airbag goes poooffff!!!!!heheheehe malu oooooo!!

has anyone ever removed yr steering and later fitted it back? gt any problems ar?

hw much does an ori momo for an E7 cost. where can i gt it re-installed? costs?

Thanks very much guys.

KIND REGARDS

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
sulkyb,
i tink b4 removing the steering you might need to disconnect the batery first... its not that hard to take it out.. just dont knock it too hard only.... in your case.. sounds like a wiring problem... e7 costing i'm not too sure coz it's kinda rare item...rm1k+++

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
I got experience on it..Take out the srs steering and the srs indicator keep on. Untill now don't know how to do. But come out with counter measure..Im disconneted the srs ecu..hehe...now my passenger and driver srs not working at all...hehe...

netracer

Known Member
Feb 15, 2005
Ipoh-KL
Visit site
just get the ecu reset aka to mitsubishi service centre, they will connect to ur obdII and get done in a few minutes. Buy them coffee.

sulkyb

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
hey guys,

thks alot for yr comments. e7's can fit MUT ah? perhaps can also check other problems on the car......

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
yo bro,
how was your little test drive??? hehehee...

Kym_Evo7

May 1, 2006
hmmm.... either u take out ur srs ecu or take out the bulb in ur dashboard meter loh haha... btw if u need to remove ur steering all u need to have is a star allen key unscrew the 2 nuts at the left and right side of ur steering wheel and used a sharp testpen to dig out the round and doted plate cover which surround ur horn fr there u can unplug ur srs airbag switch then fr there u can remove ur srs airbag then u can use all ur drinking milk energy to pull out the steering wheel.... final warning rmb to turn ur steering wheel to the center and oso check ur wheel make sure it is align at the center if not ur steering will not look perfect when install back.... As for newbie it is advice to go to any garage that u r familiar wif ask them to install for u, during the installation period plz don't sit there and do nothing watch how they do it so the nxt time u can diy as for the charges it should be 50 bucks or less or even foc.... As for car idiot no matter who u r, where u r from, what ever u do plz don't try this at home haha....

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
hey kym,
got my pm ah?heehehehe... but one thing is e7-e9 steering wheel is a very hard item to find!!!...

Cannonfodder

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
Kym_Evo7 is right. Always ensure that you're steering is dead centre before removing or refitting either the old or new steering wheel.

On AYC-equipped EVOs, there is a steering angle sensor in the column, so if you fail to centre the wheel during installation, the car will always think you're trying to turn. This will cause your AYC system to be fully-charged all the time and apply correcting torque when there is no need for it.

Consequences will be premature failure of the AYC hydraulic system, erratic handling from AYC intervention, and additional wear on the rear differential clutch packs.

Always centre your steering wheel before removal and make sure no one moves the car before it's refitted.

netracer

Known Member
Feb 15, 2005
Ipoh-KL
Visit site
or should u have the 'cable' bought from tatrix.com, use a laptop and do the reset.

sulkyb

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
aiyoyoyoyo...........kepala pening lah.........ayc oso will effect huh? sigh......

les, yeah had a good test.........didnt dare push the car to the limit like u suggested.........scared.........:angel_smile: .........

what to do huh? anyone has this cable thinggy with them? what abt software? how to get?

Cannonfodder

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
Software is a free download, openecu.org. You need the cable (US100, online order) and a PDA/laptop to read the codes, plus the interest to learn how to use it.

sulkyb

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
hopefully someone has a cable while i wait to buy one. interest is not an issue, when one owns a car like this its a must already.:regular_smile: no where else can get the cable huh?

who got one arr? bley pinjam pls? would it be best to actly plug into an ecu of the car we intend to buy? most details and faults can be detected?!?:angel_smile:

thn can surely know if worth buyin.....

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
i tink the proton eon service centre will have the cables...and probably can install as well... not sure about costing and workmanship...but most important thing is finding a evo 7,8,9 steering wheel first !!!... anybody got pls PM Sulkyb...!!!!

Cannonfodder

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
Haha! sulkyb, you have to see the interface before you decide you have the interest to pick it up. It's a lot different to seeing a shiny HKS zorst or APEXi AVC-R. I took one look at it and knew I wouldn't want to learn it anytime soon :D

It is extremely technical, and you need a fairly firm grasp of engineering to understand it, otherwise there's a lot to learn before you begin to tune the car. The error reading and code clearing are easier to pick up, however.

H22-C

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2007
Kym_Evo7 is right. Always ensure that you're steering is dead centre before removing or refitting either the old or new steering wheel.

On AYC-equipped EVOs, there is a steering angle sensor in the column, so if you fail to centre the wheel during installation, the car will always think you're trying to turn. This will cause your AYC system to be fully-charged all the time and apply correcting torque when there is no need for it.

Consequences will be premature failure of the AYC hydraulic system, erratic handling from AYC intervention, and additional wear on the rear differential clutch packs.

Always centre your steering wheel before removal and make sure no one moves the car before it's refitted.
i removed and installed back my steering, without realised have to center it. how can i know if my steering sensor & AYC system are in proper order ? pls advice, thanks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

I am in search of any information on 4WD conversion on my satria.. Can anyone one tell me what i will need to do this? e.g parts?

Any help would be great!

Cheers,

Jo
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience