Ogura TX-07 Supercharger

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Lower compression is a must, right? Higher compression without strengthen internal sure very fast kaput......

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Yes of course. But generally speaking our engines in M'sia are all too small to really be bothered with the CC. You're looking at increasing the overall "capacity" it can produce so in a sense you're doing a 2000cc + 730cc kinda thing with the SC. Not exactly correct but it's that kinda idea. At the same time 730cc might be a bit too much for your stock internals. Are you going to uprate the internals and lower compression?
Really ? 730cc is too much for stock internals even i am not going high boost ? My target is 0.4 bar and going to set the magnetic clutch to kick in 2k rpm and cut out at 5.5k rpm. I also have another Eaton TVS R410 (410cc, hybrid twin screw and roots, with 4 rotors on each lobe) sitting in the same garage, due to good friendship, the garage is able to hold both supercharger for me to decide on which.

If your statement is close to correct, the 410cc is actually a safer choice to go for ? Though that one has no magnetic clutch cut off feature and its running full time, would need a good EBC and high performance solenoid valve to control the boost.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Really ? 730cc is too much for stock internals even i am not going high boost ? My target is 0.4 bar and going to set the magnetic clutch to kick in 2k rpm and cut out at 5.5k rpm. I also have another Eaton TVS R410 (410cc, hybrid twin screw and roots, with 4 rotors on each lobe) sitting in the same garage, due to good friendship, the garage is able to hold both supercharger for me to decide on which.

If your statement is close to correct, the 410cc is actually a safer choice to go for ? Though that one has no magnetic clutch cut off feature and its running full time, would need a good EBC and high performance solenoid valve to control the boost.
to be perfectly honest I'm only spewing what I personally think is going to happen. If you can find someone who has experience and like you said - can tune the SC to work the way you want it - 730 might not be much at all.

However in the normal sense, if I were to upstroke or oversize my pistons to increase by 730cc, it's quite a lot.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Lower compression is a must, right? Higher compression without strengthen internal sure very fast kaput......
According to some low boost BOT Lancer owners, its not needed, depending on your driving style also, constantly rev the bitch out of the BOT engine will definitely accelerate the wear of the engine.

In my case, i think the 730cc may improved the low rev region, as if i am driving a big cc car without having to rev the crap out of this 4B11.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
According to some low boost BOT Lancer owners, its not needed, depending on your driving style also, constantly rev the bitch out of the BOT engine will definitely accelerate the wear of the engine.

In my case, i think the 730cc may improved the low rev region, as if i am driving a big cc car without having to rev the crap out of this 4B11.
But most of those I know who fitted BOT, always add thick gasket to lower compression even for 0.4 to 0.6 boost

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
But most of those I know who fitted BOT, always add thick gasket to lower compression even for 0.4 to 0.6 boost
That's for the safe side for constant boosting, anyway i may not go for FI route on this Lancer as i think use those budget to build the 1JZ E46 is better investment. Can't afford to maintain 2 modified cars after i punched the numbers on calculator.

However we can continue the discussion here if any one is interested to learn about supercharging.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That's for the safe side for constant boosting, anyway i may not go for FI route on this Lancer as i think use those budget to build the 1JZ E46 is better investment. Can't afford to maintain 2 modified cars after i punched the numbers on calculator.

However we can continue the discussion here if any one is interested to learn about supercharging.
Yeah.. don't play two modified cars. Endless money pits man

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Yeah.. don't play two modified cars. Endless money pits man
The freaking 1jz just took another 800 from me, the driveshaft i had on M43 was not matched with the M54 rear differential. Almost had one drive shaft snapped out from it.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
The freaking 1jz just took another 800 from me, the driveshaft i had on M43 was not matched with the M54 rear differential. Almost had one drive shaft snapped out from it.
sabar~ when you start mixing things up, this is something that can happen...

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
sabar~ when you start mixing things up, this is something that can happen...
Hahaha i understand lo, i am spending extra cash to get the the car run like normal, so far it has been reliable for me aside from burnt fan motor, blown radiator and now this.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Kena potong by a workshop that changed my ori 4G15 carburetor to a china made carburetor. At first idling high which was adjusted back, then now the car can die by itself and cannot start back. Brought to my trusted mechanic which claims is the carburetor problem but the "potong" workshop says its not the carburetor's problem giving 101 excuses.

Anyhow long story cut short i need a replacement 4G15 carburetor to replace the china version but mech can't source for it. Can...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience