NEWBIE need ur help..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

t_rider

Jun 13, 2006
HI to all SIFUs here,

i'm a newbie..

i'm now owning a COROLLA SEG 1.6, AE101(auto)..

i wonder if any of SIFUs here can suggest me of how can i modify my car..

as in faster than usual... not changing my engine of course...:X-:

i know mine is an auto car... can it be modify...?

any nice shops can you all suggest to me to buy cheap parts and great services for my car?

thank you all!!!:regular_smile:

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
Keep it stock....just maintain it. Can't feel any power changes although u mod the exhaust or the intake system.
Just mod absorber, antirollbar, chassis strengthen, nice set of rim and good set of tyre.
Can whack corner much more faster with those mods although with stock engine. Another plus points is you no longer need to mod those part after you change engine in the future. No wastage on above mods.
If you mod on ur current engine. It's totally a waste after you change new engine in the future.
Just whack ur current engine and learn the weight transfer with ur current setup, then slowly upgrade what I've mentioned above.

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
hehhahah sifu tech how to become race driver..........not to become car modder...hehehehe

agreed on that...be a better driver 1st b4 thinking to change/mod anything.

t_rider

Jun 13, 2006
Thanks for da advice...

but can u tell me how many inch of rim should i mod? my current 1 is 14 inch..

any nice shop can intro for those mod? x-)

i'm now living in setapak area...

1 things... my machanic ask me to mod my exhaust, from the engine to the end starting from taking off the 'cat' and replace with bullet and find nice muffler replace the current 1, at the same time change the ECU settings..

can this work?

LOL... change to manual or change engine is really impossible...

TRDae92

1,000 RPM
Mar 24, 2005
Malaysia....
www.cardomain.com
err....finaly words.......keep in stock just mod the outlook and strength car body as sifooo EG9 says.. gurantee ur car in saving fuel consumption, Power???......the more power u want the more u gonna spend $$$$ ...

UNLESS U CHANGE ENGINE TO 4AGE 20v or TURBO 3SGTE....piupppoiu...piu

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
t_rider said:
Thanks for da advice...

but can u tell me how many inch of rim should i mod? my current 1 is 14 inch..

any nice shop can intro for those mod? x-)

i'm now living in setapak area...

1 things... my machanic ask me to mod my exhaust, from the engine to the end starting from taking off the 'cat' and replace with bullet and find nice muffler replace the current 1, at the same time change the ECU settings..

can this work?

LOL... change to manual or change engine is really impossible...

Just use 15" with 195/50/15 tyre size and if u want more confortable tyre size ,go with 195/55/15.
Get rim with offset between (+38 - +32).

About the mod that you mechanic recommend, errr....in my own opinion, it's just WASTE MONEY! if you want real power increase. (Don't do it if you want to change engine in the future)
If you just want to feel very minor different and stay with the engine in future, just go ahead. (Don't expect any big power gain from there, you'll be dissapointed)
Just maintain it,change water pump, change timing belf set, change fresh engine oil, change auto tranny oil, change brake fluid, change brake pad, change ur chasis bushing. By now, your car is more then 10 years, definately need those maintainance.
Please bear in mind that you need to make sure your car in good condition 1st before you start to make it go faster. Many people ignore this point.

The flow should go like this: Maintain the car --- upgrade your skill --- upgrade your car.

tony_yeoh

Jul 11, 2006
Sifu EG9,
me also owning a COROLLA SEG 1.6, AE101(auto). the buch and all the thing that sifu said be4 i alr have change be4.... My point is how to setup my suspension to become more stable when i go FAST...

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
looks like your only choice is to play with the suspensions laa ... since engine transplant and Gb transplant cannot be done ...

sifoo EG9 and GT20V already advised .. UPGRADE DRIVER 1st ... hehehehe

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
er.. or change to more powerful car lor.
always.. power is not enuf one la..
if u got 100hp.. u'll want 200hp..
then later u want 300hp..
then later u want 500hp.. .. how then ???

Feilo

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2005
...Ipoh...
That time easy lor keep change the car lor...... if not change smaller rim size from 15 drop to 14 then 13 then lose control .......

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
yo. bro... actually i also thinkig to transplant my engine,,, mine is seg 1.5 auto.. recently i change to AE101 levin twin muffler .. the feeling is more comfortable then b4.... after this change i will try to modi a bit outlook of my car like body part...

after that i will thinking of rear disc break and adjustable absorber.. then nfinally will got to Black top manual...

this procedure izzit ok for u all sifo...

thanks bro..

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
like this...
engine so shy...can't chase others...

then mod ur handling system life sifoo EG9 said...
learn to control ur car...
then practice2 until muntah...

then when people want to tiau u...
u invite him...

"oiiii berani jom laaa masuk autocross"

@

"oiii come...bukit putus..." ahahahahaha...

P/S: heeee....me sure kena tiau one

r60262

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
good suggestion.... bro EG9 what u mean change water pump? i comfuse lor..

kayy

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
i think he meant when changing timing belt,change the water pump also..cause its 1 time upah..cause if want to change water pump later..have to disasemble the timing belt and all the belting also..cause water pump situated near the belts
furthermore u can get new water pump..heheh

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If you're expecting actual sportiness from Honda's latest I-DCD Dual Clutch Sport Hybrid offerings, you'd be promptly disappointed and discover they're not nearly as eager as their Sport badges suggest.

Honda's latest dual clutch Sport Hybrids are the talk of the town these days, but can it live up to the hype?

Like...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience