[need help]perdana V6 gearbox failure

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

stuart_little

Mar 1, 2004
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]my problem is when i shift to reverse gear=>sound "kong!!" and jerking, when shift to D, 1st gear=> noise, 2nd gear=> noise, 3rd & 4th gear no noise.

now i really got no idea for this anyone here from seremban, advise me where is the best place to repair it.

thank you.
[/font]

riz2005

Known Member
Aug 1, 2005
malaysia
change it

better u change to h/cut gearbox..not to overhaul that.. maybe it will be happen after u overhaul GB. i also change it for my perdana 2 month be4. price about rm1500. then install oil cooler for better cooling oil of GB

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
how old is ur car? wats the mileage like? u bought new or used?

if u got time and money, i suggest u overhaul the gearbox. worth it, and u still can use the car with extneded time.

change to used gbox is faster, easier and cheaper but we can never know wat is the previous history for the gearbox. maybe can use only for 20,000km then after that kong also.

v6 of year 98 and 99 is starting to give gbox problems. my boss car
had gbox change twice. his is 99 model but mileage quite high. now about 240,000km.

i have one more suggetsion to you...but its going to be quite costly.

change to a new car. :lol: *DOUBLE RACUN*

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
bro zan, how about the new version of V6..the g/box still using the same shit or they already upgrade it..(add oil cooler..etc..etc)...

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
aku_sangap said:
bro zan, how about the new version of V6..the g/box still using the same shit or they already upgrade it..(add oil cooler..etc..etc)...
wahh..no idea laa bro. sori, no answer.

in case proton wanted to upgrade, they shud have come up with tiptronic version from FTO. nice isnt it?

p/s its all relies on how good was the car maintained by previous owner.

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
might as well dump in the fto engine..hahaha...that would be even nicer.....(an option for eterna tt..)..;)..;)

stuart_little

Mar 1, 2004
zan said:
how old is ur car? wats the mileage like? u bought new or used?

if u got time and money, i suggest u overhaul the gearbox. worth it, and u still can use the car with extneded time.

change to used gbox is faster, easier and cheaper but we can never know wat is the previous history for the gearbox. maybe can use only for 20,000km then after that kong also.

v6 of year 98 and 99 is starting to give gbox problems. my boss car
had gbox change twice. his is 99 model but mileage quite high. now about 240,000km.

i have one more suggetsion to you...but its going to be quite costly.

change to a new car. :lol: *DOUBLE RACUN*
i bought new car on jan 2004, now 80000+km,already install the hayden 678 atf cooler, feel sad to face this problem.

stuart_little

Mar 1, 2004
riz2005 said:
better u change to h/cut gearbox..not to overhaul that.. maybe it will be happen after u overhaul GB. i also change it for my perdana 2 month be4. price about rm1500. then install oil cooler for better cooling oil of GB
where you change the GB????

any shop recommended to change it?

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
that not old...and the car already has a major problem...

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
stuart_little said:
i bought new car on jan 2004, now 80000+km,already install the hayden 678 atf cooler, feel sad to face this problem.
it seems ur a high mileage traveller. btw, how often u change ATF?

in my knowledge, the manufacturer recommends every 20,000km interval. with filter replacement every 40,000km. if got filter laa..

did u stick to service guide properly? if not than i am sorry my fren... there is huge possibility ur gearbox is worn out prematurely. not even 2 years old but reaching 80,oookm olredi. taxi pun kalah macam ini. simple calculation shows u use the car for about 45,000km per year isnt it?

i am thinking the valve body maybe sumbat olredi. if can find place to flush, then flush the gbox. otherwise its quite difficult just by draining the gearbox and replenish it again. the dirty residues may still be inside.

let me suggest u sumthing....the car is reaching its 100,000km mark soon. new timing belt is in order, as well as spark plugs. i am not sure about proton's 6A12 but for alfa romeo V6, u need to remove the engine out from ur car just to change timing belt. its time consuming and costly.

find a new car. and if ur selling thru a dealer, better let us know wat's the car number too.. :D

if u insist on using the car,
1) replace with a used one. make sure the chop shop gives u at least 1 week warranty.
2) in case u minght want to keep the car for 2,3 yearss...rebuilt the gearbox.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
aku_sangap said:
or change the engine to eterna/mivec...(RACUN AGAIN AND AGAIN)...ehehehehe..
careful my fren, u might poison me too...

p/s my wira's overdrive gave me problem since day 1. may convert to manual if kena RACUN continuously.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For some unknown reason,Sultan allowed this magazine to take an in-depth look on the world most talked garages throughout all the motorhead & enthusiasts.
Wheels mag(Issue:?? ) has been allowed to talk with some of the mechanics(that still work) on how sultan's obsession has grown uncontrollable & how the big name of automotive player deals with his crazy consumption of automobiles.

Here is some of the scanned page...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience