Need help : Best muffler for Blacktop ? S-Flow or Straight ?

strontium_bismuth

Apr 20, 2005
malacca-s.alam
Hi guyz !!! firstly, im so sorry if my topic here had already post before. i already tried to find but still cant find.

Bro, what is the best muffler for blacktop 6spd? In term of performance? Im totally confused which one to take . either s-flow or straight flow ? Help me plz... thanks !!!

mcfurby

Mar 4, 2005
dude, i tot u are one of the LE member?
sudah tukar 6speed ka?
one of my house mate's bro has LE 6speed...he is also a forumer but i not sure wht is his nick....

strontium_bismuth

Apr 20, 2005
malacca-s.alam
wah bro, u still know me huh ? so damn proud leh .. hahahha... yup .. but last time still std engine ma .. so shy to join...still noob ..muhahahha... so furby, still can join@ resume into LE club ? hahhaha...

actually , my LE still in progress...mybe another 3-5 days will complete.now im looking for exhaust. that's why i asking u all .... ehhehe...

p/s : if my LE complete, can we have a TT together ? hahhahha...just want to report in back for LE Club Member. hahhaha

mcfurby

Mar 4, 2005
sure sure....tats not a prob...got msn? i can add u n chat with u.
erm....6speed i not sure....erm for wat i know bt put 2.25inch is the best....hope u can get more info from those who is really sifu....me newbie only...my car ori leh

wfhan

bro, performance can be any meanings.
u looking for good performance in fuel consumptions?
good performance in car pick-up power ?
good performance in handling ?
good performance in top end speed ?

which u looking for ? diff ppl will have diff setup suited to their driving style...
for me, i using the stock levin exhauts, which is s-flow and quiet.

just my 2 cents.

strontium_bismuth

Apr 20, 2005
malacca-s.alam
wfhan said:
bro, performance can be any meanings.
u looking for good performance in fuel consumptions?
good performance in car pick-up power ?
good performance in handling ?
good performance in top end speed ?
bro , can i have all these performance together ?heheh...just asking..actually, im thought like this :, the bt already top speed , so i just want some pick up where as it come just lil from exhaust system,..therefore , as a short , i want top speed + pick up ... hehehe... im any mistaken , hope u guyz can correct me ...

sprinter cielo

Mar 21, 2005
ooo used black top ek.halo geng u punyer engine biler can finish already.if u want fast everyday g along nyer w/shop ler hehe...ko punyer dah siap.if want pickup n top speed dont used exhaust lor haha just joking.when go back to kuantan

LE20V

May 5, 2006
wow... LE 6 speeds?! muz b damn fast le. as i know klang valley only got 1 or 2 LE 6 speeds. damn rare man, btw which wshop u sent to mod? any things need to mod? or juz plug n play? hope u can share with us...

tctho

8,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
BT where got pickup one. Power only come after 3k rpm and above. If u want top speed all the way straight piping and muffler. i tried wif 2" piping not bad. But very noisy. Now change to Ori 101 twin muffler, very quiet n w/o loosing too much power at top end and fuel consumption also better.

gogogo

May 9, 2006
tctho said:
BT where got pickup one. Power only come after 3k rpm and above. If u want top speed all the way straight piping and muffler. i tried wif 2" piping not bad. But very noisy. Now change to Ori 101 twin muffler, very quiet n w/o loosing too much power at top end and fuel consumption also better.

bro tctho sure boh! twin muffler can improve FC kah.... if so, then i have to save some $$ to get a twin muffler for my ae 101. wow....

TRDae92

Mar 24, 2005
Malaysia....
www.cardomain.com
Twin muffler is s flow system type, and both muffler is different size on the left is small, on the right is big. what it do is when high rev, both exhaust flowing. even i didn't use twin muffler for my svt, i also use s flow type exhaust but not japan exhaust. internal is 2.3" and out also 2.3", no power lost, yet FC improve. If compare to my straight flow 5 zigen cannon ball, FC is not improve. sound also quiet but not bassy too.

2slow

May 2, 2005
been using twin muffler about 4 years,people always tailgate me when they see the twin muffler hahah,and friends always making fun of it,wah your car must be fast blah blah one word ORIGINAL bro.changed to japan jasma s flow muffler.2.3'' from center to muffler,abit more pull compare to twin muffler not bad i would said. FC don,t know yet

wfhan

can someone elaborate how the twin muffler works theoritically ?
i mean is there a control valve to direct the exhaust flow in low RPM and high RPM ? or is it full time both muffler is in use..
cos i see the ae111 levin brochure.. the single muffler version.. got a diagram to indicate that wen low rpm the flow will pass thru certain zone.. and when high rpm it will open some valve and let all exhaust pass thru..

TRDae92

Mar 24, 2005
Malaysia....
www.cardomain.com
2 slow........where is ur twin muffler???.......i wan't the big one.....muahaahahah.....name me the price lar u!!!!!....what kinda muffler u using now??? forgot lar when u call me??...ahahhaha.....

wfhan, I don't get what u mean the control valve, i been seeing the twin muffler and there is not control valve on the piping?? or what u mean is the throttle valve??...or some vacumn valve below the throttle there???

TRDae92

Mar 24, 2005
Malaysia....
www.cardomain.com
2slow said:
been using twin muffler about 4 years,people always tailgate me when they see the twin muffler hahah,and friends always making fun of it,wah your car must be fast blah blah one word ORIGINAL bro.changed to japan jasma s flow muffler.2.3'' from center to muffler,abit more pull compare to twin muffler not bad i would said. FC don,t know yet
Bro, cos ur sedan seg is original import GT model marrr....if u take the GT emblem away and put the logo 1.3 there will be no more ppl tailing behind u lor...muahaahahah...JK lar.. wanna try with my car...heheheehe:emoticon_U: :emoticon_U: :regular_smile: :_:

2slow

May 2, 2005
trd_ae92 said:
Bro, cos ur sedan seg is original import GT model marrr....if u take the GT emblem away and put the logo 1.3 there will be no more ppl tailing behind u lor...muahaahahah...JK lar.. wanna try with my car...heheheehe:emoticon_U: :emoticon_U: :regular_smile: :_:
get rid gt emblem and put on the 1.3 logo hahahah good one u got here buddy
twin muffler is in my store room now.not selling it sorry
when i get bored so i can swap back to twin muffler :shades_smile:

TRDae92

Mar 24, 2005
Malaysia....
www.cardomain.com
2slow said:
twin muffler is in my store room now.not selling it sorry
when i get bored so i can swap back to twin muffler :shades_smile:
Cherr....not for sale... anyway bro 2slow, since u and i also selling self parts yet did meet somemore times already, but seems like i never success buying things from u and u also never bought sth successful from me too...hahaahahahahah....

Oh yes, i will take the tanabe exhaust pic and give u the size info for ur friends who wanna see the muffler ok. Also prefer CASH AND CARRY..hahahaha. Gurantee quiet even high rev sound very nice~~~~~~

A Post Every 5 Mins

Hi all!

I always wondered if it's illegal to have a window blind, the ones with suction cups and are see-through, on the front passenger and driver windows.

I see a lot of lady drivers having done this especially on really hot days but I am not sure if that's actually legal i.e. will the cops pull them over?:confused: