Need advice on EG's suspension

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Troy

Known Member
Godday all!..

Can u guys plz gimme some input what's the most economic way to have a good suspension on my 2 drs eg? Currently I'm using stock absorbers and stock-lowered springs but seems bit soft when negotiating corners.

I'm thinking only to upgrade to sport springs. Can u all recommend any good sport springs brand that's bit hard?

Some ppl oso told me my eg can be fitted with Integra's suspension system and that'll be good enough. Plz advice ya..
Thanks in advanve.. Cheers guys!..

EG and 94+ Integra's(except DC5) share the same suspension parts and are interchangable. Integra's spring rate is stiffer, but not sure bout the absorbers.

Lots of springs in the market ranging from RM200-800. Used sparco springs before, a bit hard, good for street setup...Haven't tried the rest before. Wait for someone to give some feedback....

no need to change your spring for EG/EK type. original spring's stiffness if suffixion enough for "faster" driving already. Just need to tune up the absorber's damper duty a bit (around extra 30~50% for still-comfort, 80~100% for speedy-drive 150%++ for over+understeer package ^^).

suspension is personal tastelah..

what might be hard for some, might be acceptable for others.

A lot of choices there.. best if you try each one out.. that's why it's important to have friends that have different settings with the same model.. that can try theirs.. :P

very subjective topic. i think the tein s-tech would be cool. cheap (economic) for brand new. stock eg springs and shocks prolly has gone thru serious damage on malaysian roads and maybe in japan too before the car was brought over. say 1994 EG. 2006-1994 = 12 years of rough ride and potholes.

just my 2 cents.

suspension setup depends on the driver's needs...some like it soft, some like it hard, some like it medium...its just damn subjective...hehehe