My Cefiro 8848

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Praba8848

Jan 20, 2010
Penang
If there is no wire connected...then is there any wire available to connect it or I should do a re-wire to get the connection.....I just wanted to activate if its possible or its just a waste..

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
ask wireman to do for you loh. You can tap it from the relay to signal or from your dashboard.

doraemon98

Known Member
Feb 3, 2010
Penang
a lot of trouble to install another relay from dash. Furthermore, if signal flashing, and cause the relay to flip-flop and it also will flash the corner light.

Just tap it directly from the fog lamp beside it. So that when turn on fog lamp, the corner lamp lit up as well. Simple and clean! Thats what I did 5 years ago.

arun2121

Known Member
Feb 14, 2007
Hello praba..Wah now driving a33 ha..great and good choice. Much more better that your previous wira, volvo and ford rite....I'v been driving a32 for the past 5 years and i can tell you that nothing beats a ceffy. If you hv any prob with the car, I can introduce u to a foreman fm TC Bukit Tengah which can deal with you offline and the charges are very reasonable. For the spareparts, you can go to Chai Leng Park ( Naga Saga) .

Regards

Praba8848

Jan 20, 2010
Penang
Sifu's....,

I came back yerterday from Genting Highland and I had a bad experince that when I am driving down from the hill and when I apply the brake the steering vibrate very badly and the the brake is not efficient enough...I called up my mechanic and he is saying it could be your disc and its need to be skim...do you anyone has a similar problem..

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
Few of this maybe the cause of disc wrap,
- if the disk are thin it get wrap easy
- bad pad quality.
- Braking too hard and pad + disc can't take it.
- Wash your rim / car when you brake disc still hot.

BTW, going downhill you not suppose to use too much of brake, use lower gear. Else you will boil the brake oil and loose all braking.

doraemon98

Known Member
Feb 3, 2010
Penang
Yup... certain stretch of the road have to drop to L gear and apply a bit of brake. But most of the road can use gear "2".

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
2 will be good enough lah,

Using free gear or D is just asking for trouble only.

When i go Genting i always see some car having problem be it high end or low end car. and lots of brake burning smell.. there is a reason why Auto come with 1 and 2, and not only D.

doob

May 2, 2006
Maybe too much brake force applied during downhill and wrapped the disc rotors.
I've done skimming on my rotors last year.
Sort of a on-wheel skimming job. No need send to foundry.
the mechanic removed my wheel and use a special tool to skim it.
about 30mins job. cost me about RM100 for 2 discs.

Advisable to change the pads after the skimming job too.

doob

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
I send it to machine shop only cost me RM 30, and RM 30 for my mechanic labor. Anyway i can't do it on the wheels cause i have a LSD box.

BTW, is advice todo only 1 time skim, don't overdo it it will cause lots of problem like brake pad will fall out if skim too thin and pad running low, disc crack, disc easy wrap. I changed my disc to brand new last year after it skim once before i got the car.

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I send it to machine shop only cost me RM 30, and RM 30 for my mechanic labor. Anyway i can't do it on the wheels cause i have a LSD box.

BTW, is advice todo only 1 time skim, don't overdo it it will cause lots of problem like brake pad will fall out if skim too thin and pad running low, disc crack, disc easy wrap. I changed my disc to brand new last year after it skim once before i got the car.
wat brand u change?

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
don't know the brand, but is from japan. So far i am satisfied with the rotor, and the performance brake pad i am using got no problem and did not wrap my disc. Can brake now, stop yesterday.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey there everyone , i got a myvi that i have installed big brake kit taken from Honda FD2 , everythings was working fine .

Now that i need to replace my worn out rotor , i wondered if there is any rotor that would plugnplay into myvi with honda FD2 brake which the lug pattern is 4x100 ... ori honda rotor is 5x114.3 which would require redrilled to fit into myvi hub .

Many thanks for any input :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience