My Cefiro 8848

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Praba8848

Jan 20, 2010
Penang
Hi all,

I would like to introduce my self to our Cefiro Club members. I am from Penang and would like to get all the opinion and advise from all the SIFU's that mature in Cefiro cars...Just bought Cefiro A33 model a month ago...the CAR is beyond the expectation...and I luv the quiteness..

I have few concern that I need your help to advise me further..
1. My front sensor is not working and I can hear only the buzzer sound.Where I can purchase the sensor in Penang or option..
2. What is the suitable RIM size that I can upgrade to..

Thats all I have for now and appreciate your advise.

Thanks.
Rgds,
Praba:driver:

doraemon98

Known Member
Feb 3, 2010
Penang
Just bought Cefiro A33 model a month ago
What year and how much you bought?

1. My front sensor is not working and I can hear only the buzzer sound.Where I can purchase the sensor in Penang or option..
Only buzzer sound? what mean, the display spoiled? Go to your favorite accessory shop to get brand new front sensors and display. They got lots of variety. FYI, the front sensor controller box is located at the left side below glove-box. You hv to remove the kicking plate, then remove the cover below glove-box before you can access the controller.

2. What is the suitable RIM size that I can upgrade to..
The original size tyre 215/55/R16 is damn expensive. Even a very near replacement size 205/60/R16 also expensive. 215/60/R16 (Accord is using) is much cheaper, but its oversize > 3%.

Check this
http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

Praba8848

Jan 20, 2010
Penang
Thanks Doremon.....I beleive the sensor should have the running lights so I cannot see the display ...I will go down to the accesories shop and get a new one fixed...
Thanks

Praba8848

Jan 20, 2010
Penang
Thanks bro and I do have another question is ..this car comes along with corner light which locate next to the fog light so base on car manual it says that it will light up when there is a turning so I check there is a bulb inside. How do I get this light up...Thanks

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
If this is the same as A32 configuration, you need to have the headlight light up before the corner light turn on.

doraemon98

Known Member
Feb 3, 2010
Penang
A33 2.0 model corner light wont light up even you signal at night because it only got bulb but no wire one.

I checked that feature the very first week I got my car 5 years ago. The TC sales ask me to go service centre to get it fixed. And TC service men also got surprise when they see there are no wires connected to the light. After complain to TC sales, he ask me to go accessories shop to get it fix and he will pay for it.

Then I just ask the accessories shop to tap and extend the wire from the front fog lamp to the corner lamp. Now it light up together with fog lamp.

But I tell you, that corner lamp and fog lamp is for cantik only. Eventhough it lights up, you can hardly see the difference between ON and OFF. My lousy cheapo kia spectra fog lamp illuminate so much better than my fatty.

Last edited:

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
not sure of this a33 fog light, but the A32 3L fog light is sure useful when we go up to hill with fog (e.g. genting)

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
maybe the CKD version TC follow the spec of JDM, but did not put in the functional items (e,g, relay, controller) to make it work. After doing few 1/2 cut conversion, i think the local CKD Nissan car have all the necessary spec ready, is just not running cause the controller are not there.

If you tear down the car, you see some bunch of wires are there but not doing anything, but if you compare with the 1/2 cut you know what is for.

doraemon98

Known Member
Feb 3, 2010
Penang
maybe the CKD version TC follow the spec of JDM, but did not put in the functional items (e,g, relay, controller) to make it work. After doing few 1/2 cut conversion, i think the local CKD Nissan car have all the necessary spec ready, is just not running cause the controller are not there.

If you tear down the car, you see some bunch of wires are there but not doing anything, but if you compare with the 1/2 cut you know what is for.
Weikee, you are right. And I notice there is another wire dangling near the washer tank complete with connector. And there is a washer water low warning light on the dashboard printed in user manual. I am sure there some models out there should have this feature.

My question now is whether our CKD dashboard meter equiped the warning light feature ready. If I get a washer tank from halfcut with low water sensor, will it work without changing the meter or do the wiring?

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
doraemon98,

Not sure that is the water level indicator or is for a second pump to send water to rear wiper. (some jdm version have rear wiper)

If this is the water level indicator, doubt it work, cause TC always cut the end to end, you may need to get the indicator also.

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
my car also hv many extra socket...

some model hv elect seat, heater, rear viper, parking pole, reverse camera, extra room lamp, seat belt sensor... bla bla bla...

those socket is ready juz in case factory coming new upgrade model with some minor mod.

Praba8848

Jan 20, 2010
Penang
I have tried that once by switch on the headlight turn the steering but it did no light up...anything else I should check.
Thanks

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006

your car headlight need to be on, and signal (left or right) need to be in.

Praba8848

Jan 20, 2010
Penang
I have tried but it does not work...I have try to turn the wheel but it do not work..It should be disconnected..

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
maybe TCM did not install the relay.... what a con job from them. sigh

doraemon98

Known Member
Feb 3, 2010
Penang
Remove the under cover in front the front wheel to direct access to the bulb on the fog lamp.

You have to lie down to remove 1 screw (size 10 hexagon)and a few plastic clips. The clip will be a bit hard to remove because of dirts that obstruct the pin from retracting. Then pry open the cover. The cover will be hanging by the front wheel, but flexible enough for you to band it to gain access to the fog lamp and corner lamp bulbs.

If you are a A33 2.0, I am 100000% sure no wire to the corner light, only light bulbs is installed.

A Post Every 5 Mins

It’s safe to suffice that the interwebs were rocked off their foundations by spy shots of a BMW M3, in pick-up form no less, tearing up the Nurburgring. The speculation mill shifted into warp speed and immediately started churning out anything and everything that could seemingly justify what was in the pictures.

Some of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience