Mivec Manifold Vs Hot Bits for 4G93

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

gti-r

Known Member
Just doing a research on these 2 manifolds and wondering which is better.
As far as i know mivec manifold is good but its very heavy (cast iron) and hot bits is proven. Your ideas on this guys??

The last i used both before on my 4G93 Gti. The Mivec with a modified and matched longer 2-1 pipe is definitely better than the Hot Bit unit. Then changed to the RPW 4-1 extractor which was awesome when you have cams in car.

My gti sold now, so if you need either the Mivec or RPW 4-1 extractor, PM me with an offer. Thanks

if u have cams in ur 4G93, the R3 4-1 extractors are a bang for ur buck. they perform good, fully stainless steel except the flange's. and for rm6xx??!!! its crazy not to get it.

Thanks guys. I heard many good reviews on the r3 4:1 header. However understand it dun work well with standard cams.

Currently am using hot bits 4:2:1 1st edition extractor. Problem that its old already and so far i've repaired 3 leaks from it lus there is a dent. So am looking for better option. Or else i'll just get another hot bits.

Last edited:
there are some R3 owners who want to sell off their 4-2-1 after switching to stage 2 PM me if u r interested and yes without cams the 4-1 doesnt give u good power band

or you can just purchase the 4-2-1 from R3 new itself:)

Is there any diff with the r3 4:2:1 headers and the hotbits one? If am not mistaken its from the same manufacturer.

Cause as far as i know if its the same product i rather opt for hotbits cause its cheaper.

Last edited:
tats wat i heard as well, that the R3 4-2-1 header is the same as the hotbits, issit true? anyone can clarify this? wat abt the R3 4-1 header? issit the same as hotbit's 4-1 as well?

why a lot of people are look for mivec's extractor ?? When I get my mivec engine, the first thing I was done is to removed out my cast iron extractor, put in with aftermarket extractor.
And I can tell u that, oem extractor design is base on general requirement set up, not for racing set up.
If u have mivec engine, then u can look for mivec aftermarket extractor. If ur engine is not mivec, like 4G91 or 4G93 engine; batter look back original aftermarket extractor to replace. Because different engine will different design and will provided with different output bias.

just my 0.0002 cents.

Like i said the mivec one is very heavy which prevents me from deciding on it. however if it performs better than hot bits, then y not take the chance.

Am considering the mivec setup because of the design type.
The other after market 4:2:1 which is the best in the market is the cusco header. Then again its costs a bomb.

I used both Hotbits and mivec +2.5" downpipe setup before...
The mivec was slightly better at high end. Low end and midrange same.

hey zeroed..thought u turbo kaki..hmm...

I also noticed most ppl opt for the 2.5" setup againts the 2" all the way setup. I have always felt 2.5" is too big for n/a.. b16a also best configured with 2.2" only.

Heheh I used to be N/A also mah.
2.5" downpipe, but use a smooth flow adaptor and fit it with 2" mid piping... thats what some people recommended: bigger diameter for the 2-1 joint then smaller sized mid piping.
But I was running 2.5" all the way in preparation for FI at the time. So no personal experience for that. :p

The difference is small but noticeable at 6-7k rpm. But who revs that high anyway when the engine is already out of breath... I only tried out for testing purposes.

Why dont try out the RPW cams and header ? That would definitely be a great couple underneath your bonnet ...........

kwai taikor, you mivec taikor mah... monster some more, cannot help it one. Step half also rev higher than me already. :p

actually... there's only 1 way to know for SURE which is better... but both, and get them on both on the dyno... !! =Þ

hahahaha.... then u'll know for SURE. Don't think anyone's done that yet.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom