Manchester united football club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Phew...lucky escape thanks to Ole pulling another rabbit out of his magic hat. He is our lucky charm I tell you. Should have put the game to bed earlier with the chances that were created. Great attacking play from United though. Villa were stretched to the limit trying just to survive. If it wasn't for our forwards profligacy, Villa would have been buried with a hatful of goals.

Great debut from Larsson and a great goal to boot, quick control and shot. He looks like a masterstroke from Fergie. Such an intelligent player with great technical ability. It looks like he's been playing in the team for years. Love the way he runs the channels. Rooney could learn a lot from him.

Rooney inches closer to a return to form. Seems to be low on confidence. Should have buried those chances.

Ronaldo seemed to have came down a bit from his high flying act in December. But still contributed lots in our play.

Carrick had a lot to do in midfield I thought. Giggsy was roaming all over the place so Carrick had to man the fort alone. No wonder he was knackered near the end. Luckily Villa was so preoccupied with dealing with wave after wave of United attack that it didn't matter.

I like Park. He is an intelligent and hardworking player. But he is too lightweight and gets brushed off the ball too easily. I've said this before, that he needs to build some muscles and get physical. Ronnie used to be brushed off easily during his early days but not anymore as he is clearly a bigger, stronger lad now.

The defence in Vidic's absence did OK. To be honest they didn't really have much to do. Did have a few scares which I thought they should have done better to deal with. And Baros's goal was luck on Villa's part as Cahill's scuffed shot went straight to Baros. Was very impressed by Evra though who did a great Roberto Carlos impression, outpacing Agbonlahor on a few occasions and dribbling past players.

Decent performance from Kuszcak who didn't have a lot to do but did OK when he did.

Overall, Great result for us because we avoid a replay in an already congested fixture list.

Silver,

Mana dah pergi ni??? Long time didnt see u posting... Bz? :_:

Yo, do u guyz fancy a permanent deal for Larsson at ManUtd now??? Haha... He had a lively performance last wk, where he shown lotsa good passes n touches... Would luv to see him play again this wk vs Aston Villa (Yep, them again... but this time for EPL game)... I think SAF wil play Larsson from de start... Oso expect players such as Scholesy, Vida n Van Der Sar to b back to de 1st XI... With them back to de team, hopefully MU wil b more lethal in finishing most of de chances they r able to create... MU gonna hv full team again except for Saha on de bench...

Mmm... Am a bit fedup with de O. Hangreaves transfer saga now... I dun think de German wanna 2 do biz until at least de summer as report said... If wait til de summer, MU better look for other options too... There wil b lotsa good n solid players available by then... Y de fuck v must buy O. Hangreaves from de German... They r jus trying to press for more $$$, 20mil pounds is too much a gamble on Hangreaves... With tht amount i'll try Gattuso again in de summer...

Internet connection like crap lar. Plus, last week I was on leave. Why? Miss me? :biggrin:

Anyway, I would love to see a permanent deal for Larsson. Sign him up for next season in fact. But don't think that would happen. Larsson had the chance to stay at Barca (in fact he chose Barca ahead of us when he left Celtic) but he decided to go back to Sweden. So, this is just a short fling with United unfortunately. There would be a chance of him completing this season with us though, especially if we are challenging on all fronts. Being the professional that he is, he wouldn't want to see a job half done.

And yeah, I'm pretty pissed with Bayern as well. We should not be held for ransom. Neither should we compromise our plans because of this. I reckon we should move forwards and get someone else. The attraction with Hargreaves was that he was English mostly and would fit into our gameplay. But looking at the way things are going, we should look at other options, which might be cheaper anyway. Gattuso maybe too old and I don't think he wants to leave Milan right now. Our scouts need to earn their bloody money and go find some young talent.

owen was rated around 20 million pound by bayern! i think he's worth around 5~8 million pound only! better look elsewhere... how bout tim cahill from everton?

Cahill isn't what we need. Cahill is a scoring midfielder. Similar to Kevin Nolan of Bolton. Good at making late runs into the box and getting at the end of things but no so good in other things. I like Arteta though.

A cheaper alternative could be Joey Barton. He's a bit of an arse but he's a good midfielder who can do a lot of things and runs around tirelessly. I think he would make the next transition in his game if he went to a big club.

Other than that, we need to look elsewhere at relatively unknown players.

si|verfish said:
A cheaper alternative could be Joey Barton. He's a bit of an arse but he's a good midfielder who can do a lot of things and runs around tirelessly.

hehe i've been anticipating this from you.
Seems like he is both our pick to slot into that midfield maestro position.
But he was never linked with a move to the theatre of dreams...(Or did he?)
It's cool if he can show his a$$ to the kops or the goons in our jersey
but jus gotta make sure he won't get suspended again...

If we were t compare Barton wit Hargreaves, i will still go for the former...simply because of his energy level.
But, his technical level is not first class yet...

Cahill? Didn't know that he can tackle...:X-:

cahill,i thought his position similar with nicky butt... hard tackling midfielder,too... maybe i forgotten liao! hehehe...

Nah...Cahill is sort of a supporting striker from midfield. He could tackle and pass decently but not exactly a midfield dynamo.

Gti said:
hehe i've been anticipating this from you.
Seems like he is both our pick to slot into that midfield maestro position.
But he was never linked with a move to the theatre of dreams...(Or did he?)
It's cool if he can show his a$$ to the kops or the goons in our jersey
but jus gotta make sure he won't get suspended again...

If we were t compare Barton wit Hargreaves, i will still go for the former...simply because of his energy level.
But, his technical level is not first class yet...

Cahill? Didn't know that he can tackle...:X-:
Hehehe, I've always rated him. Talented footballer with a great engine who I think can become a very very good player with the right club and around the right people.

Joey Barton?! Wil he stick out his cigar onto Rooney ass n causes another fight if he comes to MU?!! Haha... Mmm... Didnt pay too much attention to him b4, n bcos of tht i didnt rate him at all... :p

No Cahill for me too... He is good at Everton mayb de system of play suited him well... Not sure SAF wil prefer him over our Pasar Malam Walker - Flecther when comes to player rotation...

Rumours saying Newcastle r coming in for Ricarchson... What u guyz think??? Haha... I would let him go if am able to talk to SAF... If MU r serious to get in another defensive midfielder, few of de so call 'fringe' players might b sold off as they wil hv lesser n lesser chances to play... O'Shea is another 1 possible to b loan or sold...

Wah lan, Ass-senal thrashed kao Loseverpool 6-3 again at Anfield... LoLzzzzzzzzzz... Tht's crazy... Siao!!! ManUtd gonna play Ass-senal away on de 20/01 next Sat n Chelshit playing Loseverpool away on de same day too... Saw some forummers from other forum saying it might b bad for Chelshit as Rafa might shut everything down to avoid another defeat at hom when Chelshit come visit...

As for Ass-senal, they been playing good away from hom than at thier new stadium... So MU better prepare well n chellenge them n get de 3 important points there!!! Tactic wise, SAF must make it spot on in order to stand a good chance there!!! :_:

Lots n lots of clubs r trying to come in for our G. Heinze... De latest being Juventus... Ever since MU r link with tht Gareth Bale from Southampton, Heinze been link away to many clubs abroad... I really dun hope to see Heinze leave, he is a great player with de right attitude n good football brain... He hv a europe passport too...

Besides, Juventus r said to b using Buffon + cash to tempt our C. Ronaldo away from Old Trafford... Wah lan eh... Sudah gila le... For me, its totally not an attractive deal at all... I means currently Ronnie is very important player to MU plus v r hving a great keeper in Van Der Sar for at least 2-3 yrs more... SAF is trying to build a team ard Rooney n Ronnie, so chances of MU doing a deal is close to 0!!!

Now de price tag for O. Hangreaves goes up to 25mil pound!!! Sohai!!! Crazy...

i somehow believe there are better players than owen hagreaves... with a lower price tag.

hai... dunno la.. seldom see him play anyway.

liverpool not in deep of form lar... their fringe players all injured... d partnership of new n old players not really work out... different with arsenal,told u guys liao lok arsene wenger r good in scouting young talents... but our man.utd. will kill them off with our more calm n experiance squad!

how bout jermaine jenas?

Talented and promising several years back when he made it into the Barcodes first team. Still stuck in talented and promising mode now. Haven't really progressed as would be expected. Needs to start stamping his authority on games and put in consistent performances.

Mmm... J. Jernas was a very promising players... I used to like him lot... He looked destine for a great future ahead of him then... But somehow he kinda stop developing a bit for de last 2yrs... I think he hv had injuries, after tht he wasnt as good liao... He remind me of K. Dyer!!! Look at Dyer for de last 2 yrs too, been struggling to come to form n back to his own best... Mmm... very wasteful... Not sure whether de situation at Newcastle for de last 2 yrs affected them both not...

J. Jernas now at Spurs right? Hopefully under de guidance n playing style of M. Jol he can futher develop himself into what he promised to become...

As for A.W scouting on youth, i think its 50-50 to tht... Some of them r really good, but some r sucks!!! Even those sucks 1 were given chances to shine in de team... This is what i respect him... AW is under lotsa financial pressure from his broad, not much $$$ to spend on big players after hving de new stadium... so de onli way is gamble on de youth... Thier playing style always been attractive, fast moving passing game...

Comparing AW to our MU, v hv got Rooney n Ronaldo... 2 of de best young players in de world!!! De different is 1. MU hv de financial muscle n 2. SAF hv a great scouting network, when he see it he act fast to get them... Actually there were few more young players tht SAF would luv to hv under his team, but they decided their future lies else where... U guys know who they r la... Haha...

Jus my thought!!! :_:

I watched a little of de game btw Loseverpool vs Ass-senal last nite... It was very entertaining for neutral fans... Was very very suprised tht suddenly Loseverpool conceeded so many goals in jus 4 days... They hv de 2nd best defensive records in de EPL this season so far... Strange!

All 9 goals in this game r great ones... Last wk FA Cup game btw this 2 side oso very good game... Currently Loseverpool r hving few injuries to their players... This gonna make de game btw MU n Ass-senal very interesting!!! Ass-senal gonna play MU on 20/01 in de EPL then go to White Hart Lane on de 24/01 for de League Cup semi jus 4 days later... Its gonna b tough for AW young team too...

Mr. Duke Red,

Jus wanna get some opinion from u on de last 2 games against Ass-senal... Dun get me wrong, not trying to wind u up or something... Was suprise tht how come ur team suddenly leaked in so many goals as de EPL standing show tht u guyz r 2nd best defensive record... Lotsa fingers now pointing to Dudek... U think so? Riise was drop too... Gerrard n Hyypia cant do much abt it too... Jus sharing, no hard feeling ya... Hope u dun mis-understand me...

I think you might want to post that in the Liverpool thread for better response.

Suggested post every 5mins

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom