Manchester united football club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Its was a 5.5/10 for me from our team performance & 9/10 for Reading!!! We were pressurised by Reading throughout the whole game... V missed lorry loads of chances in front of goal n it was very strange to us as our forward line were suppose to b 'in-form' at the moment!!! Had v got an early goal, i think it wil b a diff ball game all together as v r able to build on it by piling up more pressure on the other way... Our mistakes keep giving Reading the belief tht they can nick something out of the game...

For me, i really think Rooney hv had a very 'sorry' game... He hv had many chances to shoot n score but all went horrible wrong for him... His touches were poor too at 1 point of the game... So i was very very relief for him when he finally get the goal he deserved!!! Pheeewwww.... Hopefully with tht goal, it wil kick start his season for us now...

For Ronnie too, he missed tons of chances too... Very abnormal by his standard n current form!!! And i dunno wherether its the 'bad' side of his game whenever he was 'fault' n push to the floor, he jus wait n look at the referee everytime n stop chasing the ball or whatsoever... I hv got to admit, it wasnt good to watch... Mmm... I think this is where he shld hv improve a bit to b a more complete player!!! Stand up n keep chasing the ball n play by the referee's whistle!!!

Hargo definitely need more time & games under his belt!!! For me, he did ok considering tht he hv had a start stop season... VSD made me sweat as his lousy clearance nearly cost us a goal had it not Rio coming back to clear the line due to his experience!!!

Do us guyz think tht if Anderson were on the field in stead of an unfit Hargo, thing wil b a bit different? Mmm... I woulthink so base on Anderson current form guide... But i think SAF wanna to get Hargo back in order to prepare for the tough schedule ahead...

Tough win and a crucial 1 away from hom... V r stil top of the table!!! Next up wil b Portsmouth at hom for us after the FA Cup game against Spurs... :biggrin:

Hey guys, something just went through my mind the other day.
In Reading's match Rio was the skipper. When Giggsy comes on, he took back the armband.

NOw, just try to imagine, who do you think will be our next permanent skipper?
ie: when Neville and Giggsy's no longer around.
Rio? Personally i don't really like this idea...

Ever since i follow United, SAF always picked the midfield maestro as his captain - Captain Marvel, King Eric and Keano.
With Keano's sudden departure, Neville inherited the armband.
I just think that with the current squad, we do not have a natural leader.
Rio looks like a sensible choice but other than him?
hmmm....Rooney? unlikely but given he has the bulldog spirit that SAF cherishes and he's likely to start most of the match. In addition, he's a crowd's favs too..
Ronnie? unlikely as well.
I don't know why but i think Hargreaves has an outside chance as well but i am not convinced that he will be a permanent starter.

This got me thinking...and i still can't find an answer....what do u guys think?

Gti,

Yeah, i always think defensively Hargo can do a better job for us in our team... He is never known for his attacking ability... I think SAF buy him for it too... And he hv got a lot of European experience with him too... All he need now is to hv more games under his belt n stay injury free...

When i see our starting line up with Carrik n Hargo in the middle, straightaway i knew v r not going to concede any goal in this game unless to those very unexpected own error... Mmm... Yeah, tht's how much confident i hv in the 2 of them...

Carrick, i hope he can really build up his form base on his runs of games in the team lately... Yeah, sometimes he did slow things up a bit n take too long time to make a pass or decision... But he got the ability n talent... So i hope he wil not disappoint us n hv a great season this time too...

As for the captaincy, i would go for Hargo besides Rio!!! I think he got the quality n experience to do it... When he hv had a season under him, i think v wil see more of his quality... I'll vote for him!!! Hehehe... :biggrin:

i plan to buy the jeysey for CNY(red colour ma...)
but i am still undecided whether to put Carrick or Vida.
That's how much i like the both of them..
hehe

Update on the transfer rumours... Newcastles might make a 18mil pounds request for our Carrick to revive their season... I dun think SAF wil entertain tht... But if he do, i hope he can get Javier 'The Gay' Mascherano for 17mil pounds under Rafa nose... LoLzzzzzzz... As Pool seems to b unable to buy out his contract at the moment...

Besides, do u guyz saw SAF gesture at the end of the game?! Hahaha... Tht was really funny as i seldom see SAF so damn emotion... But now tht the FA wil investigate on the incident he shown to the Reading fans... LoLzzzzzzzzzzz.... :rofl::rofl::rofl::

i wouldn't be surprise it goes to hargreaves, if he plays consistently... else, i wont be surprise that it goes to the popular players.... ronnie... heh heh heh... coz he has the nvr say nvr spirit too.

Guys remember Ince? Brilliant defensive midfielder, lots of energy, loved him. Then he started thinking he was all that, thought he was the complete midfielder and got air into his head, called himself Guv'nor. Got sold by Fergie after that.

Hargreaves is the same kind of player. Let me clarify. I don't think he'll become self important and think he's all that. But I'm a bit worried he'll think himself to be more of a player than he really is. He's a good defensive anchorman and general hatchet man. He's there to kick people, man mark the oppositions best player, close down attackers, break up play and generally run about and make a nuisance of himself to the opposing players. That's what he is. Sure he takes a mean free kick but he hasn't got anything going forward. But I'm not sure he realises this or not. Everytime he decides to be adventurous, he gets into trouble and almost none of his runs forward have any end result. The worst is, he gets out of position doing that and is not where he needs to be when the opponents attack and his teammates need to cover for him (like what happened against Reading). Somebody needs to tell the lad, just get the ball and pass it to the nearest teammate. Get him to watch tapes of Makelele and Gattuso, 2 of the best players in that position. These guys don't fuck about with the ball, they realise who they are as players and so they defer to their more talented teammates to make the play.

the ability to go forward is what makes keano stands up above from the 2 you mentioned.
But are there any other player better or even just as good?
Can't think of one.
oh yeah Viera maybe. Credit has to be given if it's due.
But he's past it as well.
Maybe he thought he can reach that level..
hehe

Last edited:
Hahaha... Understand what you r trying to point out on Hargo... Let's give him more time to prove to us as how good he is n how good he can b!!! Stil too early to judge him as he hv got a start stop season... Too bad he cant score from tht free kick... Wonder what he told Ronnie b4 he took the kick... Errr.... Mayb: "Stand a side BOY, let me show u how free kick shld b taken... Step back n watch!!!" :rofl::rolf::rofl:

Guyz,

What do u think abt our club trip to Saudi Arabia for a game tonite? It wil help us to pocket 1mil pounds... Mmm... Really hope tht it can help all our players to refresh themselves, and come back a better team... Its a pretty long journey for them, and am not sure whether its a great timing to go there now as v r gonna hv 2 games a wk soon...

Hopefully SAF hv it right this time to hv a break from UK in order to get some 'Sunlight'... I think its more on the commercial side as to why the team make this trip...

Hey guys, something just went through my mind the other day.
In Reading's match Rio was the skipper. When Giggsy comes on, he took back the armband.
NOw, just try to imagine, who do you think will be our next permanent skipper?
ie: when Neville and Giggsy's no longer around.
Rio? Personally i don't really like this idea...
This got me thinking...and i still can't find an answer....what do u guys think?

Gti,
If i'm not mistaken, Vida once took the captain armband and he did well....can't remember which game but i think it was last year. Anyway, I also not favor a defender or a goalkeeper as a captain....i think midfielder is the best position as they are at the heart of action both in attacking or when defending.

I think it's unlikely he will take the armband permanently.
He ain't vocal enough.He's the type that gets his head down and does his job.
I rarely(if there's any) seen him instructing and dictating play. Or smack a palm right into Rio's face to wake him up in case he fell asleep.

That's what Keano used to do. i still remember how Phil got a piece of his mind.
When Phil conceded a freekick, he complained to the ref like a puss and all. What Keano did was drag Phil's arm, asked him to shut up and set the wall.
Phil was stunned but duely followed his order.
I can't help but smile to myself when i saw that. He truly was a great leader.

Gti,
If i'm not mistaken, Vida once took the captain armband and he did well....can't remember which game but i think it was last year. Anyway, I also not favor a defender or a goalkeeper as a captain....i think midfielder is the best position as they are at the heart of action both in attacking or when defending.
well, in my opinion however.... i would take defender as skipper as they are the ones behind over looking the entire team and game... they have a better picture of things.

LoLzzzzzzzz... ManUtd lost 2-3 to th Saudi side... But no worry, its jus a frenly... Hvnt see the goals yet, as Tevez n Ronnie both on the scoresheet!!! Nice!!! When they come back, v wil b facing Spurs twice (hom - FA Cup & away - EPL) within a wk... Then in btw, v wil b playing Portsmouth on Wed... Hopefully they come back re-fresh!!!

Plucked fr soccernet........

Manchester United youngster Danny Welbeck missed a last-minute penalty as Sir Alex Ferguson's side lost 3-2 to Al Hilal in Saudi Arabian legend Sami Al-Jaber's testimonial.

Yasser Al-Qahtani gave Al Hilal a 1-0 lead, although it did not last long as Cristiano Ronaldo burst forward and found Carlos Tevez in acres of space for the Argentinian to draw the keeper out and slot home.

Ronaldo then headed Nani's corner in before the break to turn the game on its head.

When Al-Jaber went down softly under Rio Ferdinand's challenge the referee surprisingly signalled for a penalty, giving the star of the show the chance to get on the scoresheet, which he grasped with both hands to level.

Another soft penalty early in the second half was given which substitute Mohammad Al-Shalhoub scored, before being forced to re-take it and subsequently firing wide.

Al-Jaber came off in the 56th minute to a rapturous ovation and hugs all round.

Al Hilal took the lead courtesy of Bader Al-Kharashi, whose ambitious overhead kick beat outstretched substitute keeper Tom Heaton.

In the last minute highly-rated youngster Welbeck was felled in the area and took the resulting penalty, only to blast it high over the bar.

Sigh!!! Am i the onli ManUtd fan working today?! Arggghhh...

But no worry... Hahaha... There is a very very happy newz to us!!! Spurs THRASHED kao AFC 5-1 in the Carling Cup Semi-final 2nd leg!!! LoLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... :rofl::rofl::rofl: The lan si hai AW wil feel very embarrassed for sure!!! Hahaha... He hv always said his young guns r good enough for many many teams... Now they got the thrashing they deserved!!! And who's better than Spurs who slap him on the face n wake him up from his dream?! LoLzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... Oh yeah... AW fielded few old folks in the team too... Hahaha... Mayb AW was too affraid of Spurs after the 1st leg where they were super lucky for not losing at hom...

What make it even better was tht Emmanuel Adebayor appeared to butt Arsenal team-mate Nicklas Bendtner during a furious bust-up!!!! Hahaha... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Mayb its time for AFC to crack under pressure where every football fans r waiting for since they surprised everyone even themselves?! Mmm... Time for their dream to burst!!! Hehehe...

But on the other hand, this win wil boost Spurs confident well... Hahaha... So SAF better make sure our team r well prepare for the game this Sun in the FA Cup!!! LoLzzzzzzzzz... Else v wil get thrash too!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: Yeah, dream on Spurs...

Damn kao headache tht R. Madrid keep on saying they wanna our Ronnie... Cibai them... :mad::mad::mad: But now even worst as Ronnie's mum said she wanna her son to play for them b4 she die... Diu... Try read the comment under the newz tht i post, as 1 of the poster said Ronnie's mum is suppose to hv cancer right now... So God knows how long can she lives... Mmm...

Hopefully this is jus a rumours as Ronnie shld hv make his own decision without anyone's influence... Sigh!!! Else ask R. Madrid pay us 200mil pounds la~~~ Diu....

Source: Mum's the word on Ronaldo move | Manchester Utd | English Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

looks like u ARE the only manutd fan working. hahahaha.

well.. i guess its just another propoganda to stir things up.... darn Real Madrid!

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom