looking for kicker sub...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ICE -In Car Entertainment

looking for kicker sub...

jeff_v2

Known Member
Senior Member

jeff_v2

Known Member
Senior Member
Jan 9, 2005
104
0
3,016
ello there..
im new in here so i need most of ur guys help...
1st im looking for an kicker 12' sub ( in crv OR comp ) anyone hav any idea how much it cos??? im using kicker ex sub but its only 10' so if there is any one wanna trade may sub its welcome....
anyone here ever go to NTC at shah alam??? dose the shop accept trade in??? dose the price reasonable???? thanks 4 ur help....
any TT for the ICE fanatic coz i would like to see ur guys ICE setup....
 

appleyard

500 RPM
Senior Member

appleyard

500 RPM
Senior Member
Dec 20, 2004
773
2
3,018
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Originally posted by jeff_v2@Jan 13 2005, 19:19
ello there..
im new in here so i need most of ur guys help...
1st im looking for an kicker 12' sub ( in crv OR comp ) anyone hav any idea how much it cos??? im using kicker ex sub but its only 10' so if there is any one wanna trade may sub its welcome....
anyone here ever go to NTC at shah alam??? dose the shop accept trade in??? dose the price reasonable???? thanks 4 ur help....
any TT for the ICE fanatic coz i would like to see ur guys ICE setup....
a new kicker CVR 12" will cost you around RM 600. why not go for the shiva? shiva is around RM 650. shiva is a better subs in terms of SQ than kicker but can play SPL also. what amp do you have in mind for your subs? are you going for a single subs or pair?
 

marantz599

Known Member
Senior Member

marantz599

Known Member
Senior Member
Nov 16, 2004
253
0
3,016
Visit site
Originally posted by appleyard+Jan 13 2005, 20:13 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (appleyard @ Jan 13 2005, 20:13 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jeff_v2@Jan 13 2005, 19:19
ello there..
im new in here so i need most of ur guys help...
1st im looking for an kicker 12' sub ( in crv OR comp ) anyone hav any idea how much it cos??? im using kicker ex sub but its only 10' so if there is any one wanna trade may sub its welcome....
anyone here ever go to NTC at shah alam??? dose the shop accept trade in??? dose the price reasonable???? thanks 4 ur help....
any TT for the ICE fanatic coz i would like to see ur guys ICE setup....
a new kicker CVR 12" will cost you around RM 600. why not go for the shiva? shiva is around RM 650. shiva is a better subs in terms of SQ than kicker but can play SPL also. what amp do you have in mind for your subs? are you going for a single subs or pair? [/b][/quote]
hi appleyard
mind to let me know where can get kicker compVR for RM600?
thanks
 

appleyard

500 RPM
Senior Member

appleyard

500 RPM
Senior Member
Dec 20, 2004
773
2
3,018
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Marantz and Yong.
i am living in KK. so cant really show you where is the shop if you not familiar with KK. but anyway its Fuji accessory shop quoted me that price. he even quoted me a kicker component for half the price. too bad what i'm looking for is a monoblock. i personally use 2 12" CVR. this shop has been a dealer for kicker for 11 years and supply kicker stuff all over borneo ( thats sabah, sarawak and brunei )

for those ppl who said kicker is for SPL and cannot play SQ they are WRONG. CVR is a good subs. but if you are willing to add few more i recommend you to get the shiva.
 

appleyard

500 RPM
Senior Member

appleyard

500 RPM
Senior Member
Dec 20, 2004
773
2
3,018
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Originally posted by Yong_5290@Jan 14 2005, 18:22
but shiva is DVC 8 ohm sub rite...so i cant juice up my amp jbl bp600.1 2 its max performance wic is 600RRMS@2ohm...
2 shiva in series can produce 4 ohm or 2 ohm. try and check their wiring in their manual.
 

dracid

500 RPM
Senior Member

dracid

500 RPM
Senior Member
Jan 20, 2005
511
0
3,016
shah alam
Originally posted by appleyard@Jan 14 2005, 15:11
Marantz and Yong.
i am living in KK. so cant really show you where is the shop if you not familiar with KK. but anyway its Fuji accessory shop quoted me that price. he even quoted me a kicker component for half the price. too bad what i'm looking for is a monoblock. i personally use 2 12" CVR. this shop has been a dealer for kicker for 11 years and supply kicker stuff all over borneo ( thats sabah, sarawak and brunei )

for those ppl who said kicker is for SPL and cannot play SQ they are WRONG. CVR is a good subs. but if you are willing to add few more i recommend you to get the shiva.
hi bro,
what u mean by KK ?
it is KUALA KANGSAR?

can u give me this Fuji car acc shop's tel no ?

thanks.
 

ExtremeRC

Known Member
Senior Member

ExtremeRC

Known Member
Senior Member
Nov 18, 2003
268
0
3,016
Visit site
Originally posted by dracid+Jan 20 2005, 03:51 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dracid @ Jan 20 2005, 03:51 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-appleyard@Jan 14 2005, 15:11
Marantz and Yong.
i am living in KK. so cant really show you where is the shop if you not familiar with KK. but anyway its Fuji accessory shop quoted me that price. he even quoted me a kicker component for half the price. too bad what i'm looking for is a monoblock. i personally use 2 12" CVR. this shop has been a dealer for kicker for 11 years and supply kicker stuff all over borneo ( thats sabah, sarawak and brunei )

for those ppl who said kicker is for SPL and cannot play SQ they are WRONG. CVR is a good subs. but if you are willing to add few more i recommend you to get the shiva.
hi bro,
what u mean by KK ?
it is KUALA KANGSAR?

can u give me this Fuji car acc shop's tel no ?

thanks. [/b][/quote]
I think he meant Kota Kinabalu ;)
 

jeff_v2

Known Member
Senior Member

jeff_v2

Known Member
Senior Member
Jan 9, 2005
104
0
3,016
well still looking for kicker subs... i prefer kicker than other brand.. well 600 is the best price but the place is at KK.. appleyard can u suggest me any shop at east malaysia????

1more can someone tell me the different btween midrange & midbass and what is coaxial, dose it sound different than other mids...

thanks, im maybe attending the TT at pandan indah, hope to meet u guys there..
 

appleyard

500 RPM
Senior Member

appleyard

500 RPM
Senior Member
Dec 20, 2004
773
2
3,018
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Originally posted by jeff_v2@Jan 21 2005, 00:04
well still looking for kicker subs... i prefer kicker than other brand.. well 600 is the best price but the place is at KK.. appleyard can u suggest me any shop at east malaysia????

1more can someone tell me the different btween midrange & midbass and what is coaxial, dose it sound different than other mids...

thanks, im maybe attending the TT at pandan indah, hope to meet u guys there..
if you wanna go for kicker, then go for the Comp VR subs. kicker produce only a handful of quality subs as the CVR,L5 and the L7 which is competition worthy.

for shops, the one i'm frequent is in Kota Kinabalu (Fuji Accesorry shop). Distributer of Kicker stuff for Borneo (sabah, Sarawak and Brunei).

try Sibu, i heard ICE stuff there price is almost similar to KL. not sure about this though but its definitely cheaper than KK. For alpine stuff better buy in Sibu.

mid range is product class. it has nothing to do with speakers. eg. low end stuff are cheap stuff and then its mid range and high end. each class has their own specificatio which oter class has not.

midbass is your door speakers. coaxial is whre the tweeter is mounted to the midbass. braxial is there the midbass and tweeter are screwed togetther but can be seperated. components are the mid bass and tweeter are seperated which most SQ go for.

for staging purposes ppl go for component because you can set your stage height at eye level. which means the tweeter will be monted on your dash board while the mid bass will be at the door panel or in the kick panels.

sounds are almost the same for coaxials and components. just for staging purposes. coalxials are very hard to tuned for centre stagind as it requires the installer to angle the speakers and place it in the kick panels.

hope this will help.
 

Charles

I brake very late....
Senior Member

Charles

I brake very late....
Senior Member
Jan 7, 2004
336
44
5,028
Kota Kinabalu
And previously when people tell me buy from KL i tot it was Kandang Lembu. :huh:

I've audit the MTX 8000 series...very surprised at the outcome...in a good way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.