Kedai Potong will be "BAN" soon.. Big impact to us

Should imported used / scrap parts be banned?

• Yes - Improves auto industry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - We need rare / cheaper parts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Wow.. thanks for the advise.. so which means.. only selected "kedai potong" stil remains.. then the price of the 2nd hand spare parts sure will shoot high up.. waaa...

When the spare parts shoot up high.. ppl will think of a way to get cheaper spare parts, then crime rate will go up.. i just saw a old ford telstar was abundant nearby my house rubbish dump.. only left 2 rear tyre.. is this the beginning??

If like tis.. next time.. my car engine going to die off soon.. so i just bang on the other car parked beside.. then let the insurance cover my claim for engine.. "Engine repaired".. will tis be better?? Of coz will wear topi keledar b4 i bang.. hehehe.. just an opinion..
as long as ur engine block is damaged/cracked, normally your car is consider totalled already :)

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
hahaha.. then keep 1 halfcuf for me.. in case i need to replace an engine.. :burnout:
Engine ka? gua ada laa... evo 9 punya .. what else u need? Turbokit? hahahaha
Poison 9 7 u laa

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
hahaha...jual besi buruk boleh kaya...i refer to kedai potong,when no one wan that part,it really can call besi buruk...when everyone look for that part..walau..besi buruk also can become gold...price fold 2 or 3 time.still remember when all toyota seg look for FX bumper with sarung together...from rm500 to rm1000 to rm1200.lucky,i only buy it for rm600

yeoppy

2,000 RPM
Nov 30, 2006
Kuala Kubu Baru
japaneserimshouse.blogspot.com
Very bad news.. :(

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
10 containers....mana ade cukup...need to cater for Mitsu owner, Proton owner, Kia, Naza........now i see ppl project masuk E8 into Alza.....Malaysia BOLEH !!!!!:adore::adore::adore:
not as rich as you think la bro.... this also few workshop "tong tong $$" to get only..

of cuz grab as can afford la.. better than nothing right?

untouchable

Aug 31, 2010
Jaybee
good move.... Malaysia is not a dump country.....

p/s - Malaysian mentality must evolve to quality user and not dump user.

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Thanks for the support bro.. kakakkaa.. :proud:

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

wat u hav on hand pablo?? heheh... :burnout:
What u need la bro? 2nd hand parts if not with me, i still can get ... aftermarket used parts also have laa...

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
See the link below my signature ... if not there, don't worry ... i have my sources locally and overseas for used parts..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
but i think this is only a gimmick, involves politics
last min they will back out on the plan.

BN ma.
yeah.. i think you're right..

these politicians only want proton to survive.. so, they come up with all those nonsense ideas..

but they must not ignore the power of the 'rakyat'..

see what happens in the last election..

be careful what u wish for.. muahahahaha :burnout:

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

when the 'rakyat' dissatisfy, the government will crumble to the ground..

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
What u need la bro? 2nd hand parts if not with me, i still can get ... aftermarket used parts also have laa...
ohh.. i oso got some jalan to get 2nd parts.. hehe.. if u hav demand but cant find parts.. let me know oso.. i can help u too.. hehe... :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

bro.. is re-use those can be use.. not rubbish.. v try to save the earth.. ^^..

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

then, how to get my parts for my car...
bro.. me too still cracking head,, if u got any idea.. plz let me know ya.. hehehe..

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

BN ma.
bro.. i hope wat u say is true.. :driver:

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

yeah.. i think you're right..

these politicians only want proton to survive.. so, they come up with all those nonsense ideas..

but they must not ignore the power of the 'rakyat'..

see what happens in the last election..

be careful what u wish for.. muahahahaha :burnout..
bro.. hope they change their mind.. hehehe.. :proud:

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
at least in malaysia, the power of rakyat still counts..because you ppl dare to take the chance to vote and see what happens with non bn ppl...haha..i respect that. In singapore, mati habis kena control PAP..sigh :( coupled with stupid SG ppl who dare not vote for the opposition because the gov threaten to "not upgrade their flat"..

that aside..i really do not think this kinda ban will happen lah. and if it does, temporary only and god willing, MALAYSIA BOLEH (ie. SURE can find a way around the problem without excessive $$$ involved in the long run :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I think you need to recheck your facts.

Malaysia needs quality CARS.. not quality users. Our protectionist gov is dead set on protecting its little Proton and its cronies. Remove the sales tax and see if anyone will bother to buy a Proton or not.

A simple example would be the ridiculous Wira Aeroback Special Edition. Rubbish rear drum brakes, pathetic small front brakes, gigantic unecessary 16" rims on a chassis thats as rigid as jelly powered by a puny 1.5 SOHC engine for an outrageous 50k price tag. As an owner of this car, I spent some hard earned money upgrading my brakes (front and rear discs), replacing parts that started rusting(less than 5 years) and spent a small fortune on replacement parts and maintenance (although cheaper than 90% of all cars out there, it's still a small fortune). Why? Just so I can go faster? NO. I still have that puny 1.5 SOHC 4G15 but the car is safer to drive on the road with better brakes and more reliable half-cut parts that are made in Japan. Malaysian equivalent or inferior China equivalent parts are just rubbish.

I say if you're going to remove half cuts, then remove the damn taxes on all cars to give the rakyat the choice to choose other makes without making them ridiculously unaffordable.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
this move will maybe somewhat improves the auto industry, but will definitely cause hardship for the consumer (us).

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

BN ma.
so rakyat who cant think properly agree with them that politician just dahulukan rakyat..dunwan make rakyat suffer....

by the time election comes and recieve huge support..later they did it again just like the petrol price hike previously....seriously... think smart....

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
there is need.....the amount of reputation damage is considerable since the kete sambung was shipped to oversea to be on sale. but is it justified compared to the trouble inflicted to the local user.....we'll see :driver: (i see monopoly in the future)

sub8evo

Known Member
May 26, 2009
Putrajaya
In the end, they will not ban it totally.

They will again issue APs or some kind of permits to "selected" companies with good reputation to import used parts from overseas - the official reasons will be for better quality control, but unofficially will be fill up somebody's pockets nicely :stupid:

It has happened so many times already...

sagaevo

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
It will not be a total ban.....but it will be gradually stage by stage as to sync with the NAP coming up....

This what sorts of rumour i think not only i'm hearing it, but i guessing you all as well: 10 companies of all in all the kedai potong will get the approvals and APs for the used parts imports....only limit to interior and exterior bodyparts imports only....cannot import parts for vehicle more than 10 or 15 years something like that, only can import less than 5 or 10 years.....APs will be controlled and reviewed from time to time on yearly basis based on allocation and goods import regulation....thats all i heard...

Because of this move.....now it sends a sense of doubtness whether should i get my "dream old ride" from the 90's or not.....one end is fuel price increasing.....the other end is this......

Last edited:

bLACKjAC

Known Member
Aug 11, 2007
according to the news, the authority is calling the relevant sector (chop shop and 2nd hand spare part) to give comments. why dun we do something before 1st June?? eg: put up a sticker on your car, say "I like 2nd spare part", or "No ban on half cut"....... at least they know ppl like us are protesting
Printing cost is very cheap, may be 20-30 cents per pc

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
will support for protest :P

btw, we're saving the world buying 2nd hand parts what

how many ppl can afford new parts whereas they can get cheaper in chop shop?

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
will support for protest :P

btw, we're saving the world buying 2nd hand parts what

how many ppl can afford new parts whereas they can get cheaper in chop shop?
yes exactly i never looked at it this way
but i just realised the government wants us to recycle right
so this would be a great way to recycle and reduce wastage
perfect argument for protesting this :biggrin:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
anybody got inside updates? or will this be another flip flop ruling like what happened last year?

personal experience here - i changed my upper control arm cos the bush were worn to a set of brand new OEM replacement. brand ASAHI. 1st week, good working condition. 2nd week onwards till today(6months later) it squeeks and creaks like the bush is worn out but bushings are still ok. what choices do i have? go halfcut for a set that may have worn bushes or buy new n support the spare parts industry n suffer with bad quality spares?

i dont care if they ban ALL halfcuts n imported 2nd hand spares. i just really hope they use their heads n think before doing any knee jerk decision and give something in return. take away all halfcuts. just remember to make sure there are qualified, reasonably priced NEW OEM spares going around. OR is this all just a ruse to get us to buy new local cars by removing ALL our options??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm noobie in mod car scene...

So I need an advice from all..all...all....sifu in here....:adore:

I'm :driver: Satria GTi standard piang.... n I'm thinking about to change camshaft. Whats set is better???

272/272 o 270/260??? did I need to change spring too???

And please tell me bout a/cond n idle condition when I change the cam...

Really...really..really need an advice from all..all...all....sifu in here....:adore:

Thx in advance...:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience