jun auto cam pulley

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Thousandten

Known Member
heh every one are driving toyota 4age, just wan to doing some reseach about the cam pulley,
are you prefer to using the jun pulley in your 4age engine (16.20v ) or any brand you all prefe,as like hks,toda,tomei,aerospeed,works or jasmas one,,pls give me some comment,, thank

Attachments

• jun pulley 4age.jpg
    jun pulley 4age.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 106
IMHO most of 20valvers prefer to keep the stock pulleys because of the vvt mechanism...

haha,i know bro ,the things is i ll goin to got the kelford cam for 20 v spec c 284/278 Duration, 9.30mm/8.50mm Lift. Racing camshafts to suit slightly modified engines, can run VVT or use adjustable gears to set fixed timing. only the exh pulley need to exchange forthe adjuct one.

if memory serve me correctly...i read somewhere that stock 20v pulley can handle up to 270 duration and lift below 9 mm...beyond that you will need uprated valve springs and some other reinforcement to your engine head...

if given a choice...i would go with TODA...because they offer a comprehensive and proven product line...even tsuchiya 20v ae86 use TODA stuff instead of TRD...which in a way is weird...

so toda 288/9.2 cam ,without the vvt,then pls tell me that how many horse power you can got on wheel,,,,????
we just doing what we belive ,not goin to follow anyone, toda is good,but high perforamnce project car whose factory done a lot<>? jun eng.or .... moster car usally are come from jun auto .......

regardless of cams profile...for me...i'll stick vvt...but since you guys already got the cams...any decent one will do...just get it properly tune for your liking...

I prefer Toda or TRD only... Doesn't mean other brand are weak, but for my personal choice...

With just cams alone, dont expect to hit 160whp...almost impossible unless you go with full race spec cams & standalone... or 82mm pistons or perhaps with the HKS stroker kit =)
For cam pulley, never seen any 20v using Jun Auto campulley but noticed on Jun's website that they have for SVT only as their cam pulley will not work on AE111...wonder why.

Besides they dont have much parts for 20v except for the campulley and titanium retainers.

Top Bottom