j5 chips + afc2

chew118

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
my friend install both and now the car like no power. it is a sgti... it seems more power when there is no afc2

so now he plan to remove the afc2 questions is will the j5 settings remain? or it changed once been tap by afc2?

please help

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
J5 is more than enough. SAFC2 is not needed.

Its like u have rain coat sumore using umbrella.

Most probably th SAFCs has upset the J5's settings.

No, I think J5 setting will not be altered by dismantling of SAFC2.

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
yes J5 is more than enuff already......safc2 is nothing special can t do ignition timing control.....unless u go for piggy back then more efficient :)

gspot

Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
PJ
Originally posted by Joeker@Feb 21 2005, 14:21
J5 is more than enough. SAFC2 is not needed.

Its like u have rain coat sumore using umbrella.

Most probably th SAFCs has upset the J5's settings.

No, I think J5 setting will not be altered by dismantling of SAFC2.
Err.. more like wearing 3 condoms at one go... :D

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
hahahahahah.....dats a gud 1......

go for haltech or motech.....but 1 word of advise ....doesnt gurantee u SURE WIN.....

I have seen a 1.3 aeroback wira + 4g93T mods + sum branded Jiao Jiao Tech + so hai owner = wet 9 car

moral of story, u can have best FUL COMP on earth..but u need a GOOD n Reliable Tuner :)

chew118

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
ok thanks but will it retard or upset the current j5 settings?
how to check whether the car got j5 chips or not? cause my friend bought the car second hand.. previous owner say got but we are not sure

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
best thing is.....since it is a Matspeed chip, bring it back n verify with Matspeed, get their feedback as well, but from wat we all know, once u have a rechip ecu, dat shud work better than throwing too many stuff all in :)

chicken7

Jan 20, 2004
Aiyah,

You fellows must not run the J5 with other piggy back gadgets like SAFC or SMT. The J5 mappings will handle both the functions of the SAFC + ITC already. <_<

If you live in near Klang Valley then go to Matspeed, Shah Alam and ask Charlie to explain everything about the J5 to you loh. You can put in highcams, cam pulleys, port the head and ask him to remap your J5.

How to check if got J5 or not?
Remove your ECU from the left front passenger foot well area. Remove the plastic cover and you will see it. After removing the ECU then open the ECU cover. You will see a chip sitting on top of another IC socket with a small processor inside. If I am not mistaken the chip is 20 or 25-pin type. :)

If the chip is hard soldered onto the ECU board, without another IC socket in-between then there is no J5 chip inside your ECU.

jiaojiao the great

Known Member
Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by DDgreystar@Feb 21 2005, 17:43

go for haltech or motech.....but 1 word of advise ....doesnt gurantee u SURE WIN.....

I have seen a 1.3 aeroback wira + 4g93T mods + sum branded Jiao Jiao Tech + so hai owner = wet 9 car

moral of story, u can have best FUL COMP on earth..but u need a GOOD n Reliable Tuner :)
wahhhhh ? some one called me ? hehhe .....any way if i were to choose between j5 and safc .which one will be better ? any pro and con ?

jiaojiao the great

Known Member
Apr 28, 2004
Visit site

wahhhhh ? some one called me ? hehhe .....any way if i were to choose between j5 and safc .which one will be better ? any pro and con ?

jiaojiao the great

Known Member
Apr 28, 2004
Visit site

jiaojiao the great

Known Member
Apr 28, 2004
Visit site

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
yeah as for J5 u dun need any other gadgets cus it is considered as a piggy back oredi and it will overwrite the factory settins of the ECU..like evryone said it is like wearing a raincoat but still holding an umbrella..
anyway if ur fren is afraid the settings might ruin, bring it back to Charlie to gif ur fren an advise of wht ur fren shud do..den evrythin shud be fine..

jiao jiao : if it was me, i wuld prefer J5 rather than SAFC or gadgets stuff..why? this reason i guess is strong enuf to support my opinion..THIEF!!! at least it is not eye catching if u got sumthin hidden in ur ECU box which is the J% chip but as for SAFC,AVCR, or etc..u wont have a peaful sleep during nite cus sumone might jus take ur gadgets easily..hehe..

chew118

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
who is charlie
u got his hp number and address?
because my friend bought the car second hand

chicken7

Jan 20, 2004
chew118,

Charlie is the founder of Matspeed and the creator of the J5 loh.
Here is the no. and Megat is his son. Hope they didn't change no.

Charlie 017-3868575
Megat 016-306 4514

chew118

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
anybody got their address?
have to go there this saturday

jiaojiao the great

Known Member
Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
haha ...... ya man ..but i'm planning to hide it in the tissue box . if not may be inside the dashboard of the passenger side.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys

Posting this on behalf of the owners of My Ride Autogrooming

My Ride is now located at Taman Melawati (7 Shops after 7 Eleven)

&

Wangsa Melawati (Corner Lot opposite Petronas)

Many good packages available but there is a signature program which you guys must visit to know.

Thats all for now. Update you guys more later. Anyhow for customers feel free to leave your comment here....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience