Imported Skyline Better?

teh_ais

Feb 14, 2007
hello to all of you, i am totally a royal skyline fanz, actually i will be going to japan this coming september to work and study over there.i already saving quite long time to purchase skyline 34, now i already can purchase it. the things is i heard a lotz of frenz said buy at japan is better at here. Buy there juz need to wait 9 months and i can import it back to malaysia without less tax with my student AP, and some more is cheaper there, althought only for one unit. i have to spend more money if i buy at here is it true? with student AP will be cheaper in japan. but only for one unit. my frenz was a gal, she succesfully buy one honda integra back with student AP with less tax but she let the car stay over japan over almost 1 years. recently juz back. What is your opinions? buy at japan or back to malaysia only purchase it? How?Imported Skyline Better?

Last edited:

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
cheaper is one thing...thot of shipping yet?
unless u get a good shipping deal,like my fren who wil ship a 360 back from UK for only 10k RINGGIT...wihtout insurance ler...

ninety3

Nov 14, 2003
cheaper is one thing...thot of shipping yet?
unless u get a good shipping deal,like my fren who wil ship a 360 back from UK for only 10k RINGGIT...wihtout insurance ler...
shipping cost is the least of your worries. its the customs duty and sales tax that will kill you.

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
even if you did buy the car there, and left it there when you come back, have you ever thought of where you will store the car during that period? I think its extremely expensive to store/park a car for long periods in Japan.

even after 1 year, there will still be a pretty hefty tax i think.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
yeah...unless u let ur frends in Japan to use it. :)

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
buy in Japan definitely cheaper. especially if u have an AP to bring it back. meaning there wont be any tax imposed on you.

think of it like this

1. skyline GTR - RM30,000
2. cost of shipping/storage/insurance - RM5,000 (is it?? not sure)
3. declared value including profit margin - RM70,000
4. custome excise duty and import tax, sales tax bla bla - 200K

ninety3

Nov 14, 2003
which model skyline GTR do u want to get for rm30k? a decent stock 1999/2000 R34 GTR would easily set you back at least rm150k.

add shipping, duty sales tax etc.. total cost should be about rm200k

teh_ais

Feb 14, 2007
I Am Going To Work And Study There

Actually I Am Going To Work And Study There Around 2 Years, Wat I Want Know Is Ap Is No Tax But One For One Unit, The Other Is About The Shipping Tax..how They Calculate It? I Got Direct Info Is Gtt Price Over There Is Rm40k, Gtr 1999/2000 Is Only Around Rm95k, Gtt Fully Converted To Gtr Is Around Rm70k, But How Malaysia Calculate The Shipping Tax? I Also Got Cousion Staying There. If Import Tax How Many Percents? Plz All Sifu Here Help Me To Make It Clear... Plz...coz I Am Going This Coming September...

Grixism

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
KLTN/VIRGINIA
Visit site
someone bring in r33 gtr from japan with student AP..and all the duty, tax..bla..bla..bs..bs...costing him 30k cash to get the car out from port..or the car will never leave port

ninety3

Nov 14, 2003
average conditioned GTRs are about 5mil yen, and even at low exchange rate of 280YEN = RM1, its still about RM140k.

having a work/student AP doesnt mean its tax free, it just means that you can bring the car into malaysia. Customs duty & sales tax are still applicable.

assuming the car is RM140k, duty + tax should be about rm60k - and thats not including shipping and handling, which should set you back by about rm10k.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
dun forget to calculate the parking fee you need to pay at Japan. I was told that it's not cheap

Basil Basil

Known Member
Jul 19, 2006
well is always cheaper than u buy here........futher more parking in JAPAn even though is expensive but if u have couz there is ok to park at his place...???

davidz

Nov 1, 2006
GTR bought in Malaysia also imported from Japan maa.... anything wrong? : )
Juz my two cents....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HKS Hipermax M1 suspension systems are designed for Street and Highway use combining a balance between comfort and enhanced handling capabilities. They are now available for the Nissan GT-R and the IS-F. Check out your local distributors for more information and purchasing.

YouTube - HKS TV
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience