Hybrid: Conti Body JAp engine

zx3sgte

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
Pj
HI ppl looking for fellow members who are running japanese engines in continental cars like myself. we can get together and form like a hybrid club or some thing. we can meet up once in a while.
Let me intro myself first. i drive a citroen zx 2.0 with SR20 DEt from nissan Pulsar gti-r (rnn14).
stock with minor mods here and there.
my contact no is 0123448065.

Last edited:

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
Hi there,

I oso used ZX last time, mine ZX16V. That car oredi crashed in accident... by my wokshop people. But still love the rude and handling of ZX16V. The best ride so far I say. Few days ago, someone told me there is 1 unit for sale but just geran and body. Engine oredi missing. Maybe the owner lost his temper and threw away the engine. You know la the headache with 16V.

Now Im thinking to buy it and plonk in Jap engine or GTi6 from Peugeot 306 GTi. I know this is a legend engine but afraid the headache I will facing later. However, people said, GTi6 on Peugeot still got parts available in market. Most of the parts taken from 406 brother. They said the quality of wiring is way better than Citroen 16V.

Now, wat do u think, Jap engine i.e Honda H22a, SR20DE NEO, Toyota 3SGE or remain on its root by fixing XU10 GTi6? GTi6 oso very tempting but I dun wan headache. What do u think?

TQ

zx3sgte

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
Pj
hi bro. well depends what you want from the car. reliability? power? top-end speed? another engine you can consider is the Mi16 Peugeot. 6speed also. the sr20 neo vvl is also a very reliable engine it is literaly bulletproof. fair amount of power good top-end if kahwin the right gearbox. gimme a call la maybe can yumcha and discuss further and share some ideas. 0123448065

Last edited:

wex8120

Oct 17, 2007
hi guys, i got fiat marea 1.6 auto.thinking of changing the engines to japs,but donno what engines can be put in and its reliability later...need help from hybrid sifus here..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hi, I own a 206 which is 5 years old already. MHO, conti car handling is very good but only the engine and eletronics very headache. I also considering to swap engine. I'm now eyeing for B series, H series or maybe SR20 Neo.

osh

Known Member
Dec 29, 2003
Visit site
Mine is a classic - mini L200 engine...hybrid as well???
:):driver::driver:

zx3sgte

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
Pj
wex8120: i'm not really sure bout mounting locations in a marea. but a good choice can be sr16neo. theres no increase in cc so jpj will endorse the car. the engine is quite reliable and it isn't expensive to maintain.
TitanRev: a good upgrade for your 206 can be the GTi6 or the Mi16. both are 2.0 6 speed engines from peugeot. it still maintains your cars originality. but it can be quite expensive to maintain and the engine prices are also on the high side. B series and sr20neo are good choices. both equally reliable with fair amount of power when you floor them. they are also reasonable to take care of as spares are abundant.

Osh: nice ride bro. Yes it is a hybrid machine. welcome bro.

wex8120

Oct 17, 2007
there r fiat bravo with evo engine..maybe have gone trough massive mod with mounting,shaft and bla..bla..can u guys recommend me a good mech that will able to do the job nicely..
couple of mech i asked they just told me "aiya just stick to ori engines lor"...:stupid:

fardell83

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
IMHO, i go for original engine. no matter how much it is going to cost me, i will stick with original engine.

pocong

Known Member
Oct 3, 2008
Hi, I own a 206 which is 5 years old already. MHO, conti car handling is very good but only the engine and eletronics very headache. I also considering to swap engine. I'm now eyeing for B series, H series or maybe SR20 Neo.
Hmmm... Peugeot 206 with 306 GTi6 engine. Sure flying. WRC engine without turbo wooo...

BTW, is Renault Megane R26 or Clio is using Nissan SR 20NEO? Renault and Nissan is under same company so what does they share together, platform? engine?

Europe car alwaz got problem with wiring quality and electronic. The material quality not siut our tropical climate and electronic alwaz unstable compare with Jap car

SachSeelan

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
Area25
IMHO, i go for original engine. no matter how much it is going to cost me, i will stick with original engine.

yeah bro... semangat continental... good to see you here!!:wavey:

but again its personal preference i guess...

good luck..

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
i had a 405 GTi last time ... but engine was KOed when water ran in or something like that ... wanted to throw in RB26 with one mounting 2 change ... mech didnt manage 2 convince my dad ... well that was like 4/5 yrs ago where h/c still going cheap ...

fardell83

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
yeah bro... semangat continental... good to see you here!!:wavey:

but again its personal preference i guess...

good luck..
hie bro...good to see u here too...hehehehe.... yup, if i want power, i go for japanese marques but for comfort and long term reliability, i go for continental. German cars are good examples of long term reliability marques, depending on how the owner maintained the car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sixth Element... i'm sure those that read taiwan or hongkong
car magazines came across this in the magazine..
so anyone using it ? comment ??

not sure if anyone posted this b4 ?
isit the same concept as those magnectic thingy ??
or is this another gadget with nice marketing plan ?
hahah..

anyone know is there m'sian dealer / distributor for this
product ?

application in different part and location in car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience