How to: Z32 AFM into RB26dett

rb25dett

Mar 10, 2005
Hi all..

Z32 AFM connections are marked A to F but only four connections are used to the RB26dett... How to loop those wires and do I need to remap?

Thankz
:)

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Yes the two pins are not used in the Z32 airflow..Wiring diagrams could be found in the net, with a bit of searching. Yes..an extensive amount of remapping is required inorder for it to run smoothly..even with a Power FC with its air flow type conpensation, you still have to do a bit of remapping.

IMHO switching to a Z32 airflow isn't worth the effort if you running on stock everything ..infact the stock airflow is good for 600HP (engine).

rb25dett

Mar 10, 2005
Thankz S K A G E E

Today I install 2 Z32 AFM c/w wiring and new 4" HKS Filters. The first run seem to be smooth. Then the engine start to knock. I believe remapping is required in order to run smoothly.

At present I'm using HKS GCC (PFC-F-CON-S) for adjusting air/fuel ratio. If possible, I want to adjust air/fuel ratio manually to defeat the problem before remapping by w/shop

So, what should I do with the adjustment (16% rich TO 12% lean) on that HKS GCC. Better to be rich or lean to fit Z32 AFM.

BTW, I'm gradually upgrading to 500HP (wheel)

:)

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Hi rb25Dett:

It would be a tall order to attempt to tune the car without an exhaust tempt meter and a wideband lamda sensor. It is not too safe to assume that if the engine is knocking ,its most probably running too lean. There are a few other possiblities why an engine is experiencing knocking or pinging. However, if I had a choice of running too rich or too lean, I would most probably say run it rich..however in the long run it'll tend to eat up your plugs and even worse causes 'cyclinder wash' which cause damaged cyclinder bores

However be warned that when knocking could be heard its usually means serious engine damage is in progress..an engine could take a certain amount of knocking but when it could be heard, its serious.

Dude, when it comes to tuning, try not to cut corners too much...It'll cost you more in the end. So I suggest you get the car tuned ASAP or not drive the car around before getting it tuned

bnr_32

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
hi.. i have a pair of z32 afm and a pair of trust t517z turbo's for rb26.. anybody intrested please pm me.. i'm upgrading to single turbo.. tq

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need Advice - 4G93 engine - Port polish or Balancing or Cams

Hi all,

I own a 2002 year Wira with a 4G93P engine and I've just recently converted the Siemens ECU to a Satria Gti ECU #2468. So far I've done the entire exhaust system; mivec extractor, custom downpipe, 2" piping and muffler. Not forgetting the drop in K&N air filter.

I'm planning to squeeze more power out from the engine's potential and this leads me to my questions.

Which of the following brings out more power...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience