How fast is Caldina GT4 ?

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Not a challenge or anything like that. Just curious of the Caldina's performance because on paper it produces 260 ps at the crank.

Has anyone tested with a Caldina GT4 & what was the result ? Doesn't matter won or lost, just as a yardstick against the NA 4A or 3S or ZZ... If won, by how far & if lost by how far.

Mind sharing your stories, guys. Please, no BULLS#@^*ing, ok ? Doesn''t mean anything regardless win or lose. Just curious, that's all. Or better still any Caldina owners here would like to share ?:biggrin:

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
Something I read about Caldina GT4 on an internet review page .. the acceleration and overall feeling of the car is similar to ST205 Celica GT4 .. Haven test drove before though ...

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
To be honest, 260ps in Caldina GT4 does not feel like "real 260ps".
IMHO, this is because it's 4 spd auto transmission (long gear ratio), full time 4wd and weight of 1400kg.

My personal experienced with its performance, 0-100km/h is quite sluggish (in comparison of other 2.0 liter turbo) and can be achieved around 7.++ seconds. The power delivery feels more linear, compared to others japs 2.0 liter turbo models. Please bear in mind that it is auto 4wd with weight of 1.4 tonne, after all.

For me, I love its cruising mode. On highway at 180km/h, the car feels so smooth with less engine and wind noise. Furthermore, with its long gear ratio, the car did 180km/h @ 5000rpm. Rev redline set at 7000rpm.

Even with 3SGTE, don't expect it to perform like Subbies or Evos brigade.:biggrin:
Its 4 spd auto transmission and total weight, are truly handicapped to compare with those models.

had

Nov 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

I owning a Caldina GT-4 and I would like to share some point of view for this machine.

This car is not meant like street sports car (Subaru or Evos), it more toward of combination "family & sports" in it DNA. I personally stepped to 190 km/h twice in the highway. Nevertheless, it still provide you the ommph when you need it. I agreed if this car come with Manual or 5speed it will be more better in term of speed, gear ration and fc.

This car has 2 characters in it. If you use the normal "tiptronic gear" it like ordinary auto car. But if you use the "semi-manual" then you will feel the engine was roaring and ready to rumble.

If you need space but not 7 seater, I think it suit and come with sporty look.

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Oh yeah, come back to thread starter question... I tried "traffic light dashed" with Scirocco TSI last week. :proud:

Result??? From the start throughout the next traffic light (about 300m interval), I saw only its red rear lights :biggrin: That Rocco really fast took-off from standstill (their launch control really handful).. End result? I loose about 4-5 cars length for less than 300m space ...

That's how when 260ps' Japs Superwagon met 210ps Germans 2-doors hot-hatch das auto :adore:

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
damn,that 1.4tfsi really can do so much damage to caldina gt4.but still i love the style.

how bout comparison between subaru forester and airtrek?hehe

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Aiseyman bro egb18c, I need to clear the air... It was Rocco 2.0 TSI, and not his little brother 1.4. Sorry, I didnt put it fully. :adore:

had

Nov 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I think the Rocco or GTi has a light turbocharger and the 6 Speed DSG gearbox damn good. Plus Caldina way to heavy in comparison to Volk.

I think Polo (GTi) also can smoke Caldina.

But it a good try bro.

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Oh yeah, come back to thread starter question... I tried "traffic light dashed" with Scirocco TSI last week. :proud:

Result??? From the start throughout the next traffic light (about 300m interval), I saw only its red rear lights :biggrin: That Rocco really fast took-off from standstill (their launch control really handful).. End result? I loose about 4-5 cars length for less than 300m space ...

That's how when 260ps' Japs Superwagon met 210ps Germans 2-doors hot-hatch das auto :adore:
just to clear some thing...

[1] 260ps on crank, but on wheel just 160-170 only... auto tranny...
[2] not suitable for dash/sprint, but more to highway cruising (due to weight)... 140kmh@3k rpm...
if short distance, hot hatch will win, but on highway, its caldina (tried with Golf GTi @ LPT)..

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

damn,that 1.4tfsi really can do so much damage to caldina gt4.but still i love the style.

how bout comparison between subaru forester and airtrek?hehe
if forester/airtrek auto tranny, same performance (all must stock form)...no engine mod...

*just to share, 3sgte is a reliable & tune-able engine, the problem is the auto tranny, it start to slip after 350hp@crank...

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
For all JDM cars unless speed cut has been removed, max speed is only 180 km/h la bro....
That's not what I meant la, bro.

Oh yeah, come back to thread starter question... I tried "traffic light dashed" with Scirocco TSI last week.

Result??? From the start throughout the next traffic light (about 300m interval), I saw only its red rear lights That Rocco really fast took-off from standstill (their launch control really handful).. End result? I loose about 4-5 cars length for less than 300m space ...

That's how when 260ps' Japs Superwagon met 210ps Germans 2-doors hot-hatch das auto
Thanks for the honest feedback, bro. Appreciate it.:adore:

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Yeah agreed with har1th7.

Caldina is ideally more for highway cruiser. I really enjoy every bit of driving it, especially on Karak Highway and LPT on the way back to my hometown. I just wish if it had DSG gearbox.

BTW, Rocco's 210ps is also from crank.

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Caldina GT4's top speed is 210 km/h ?

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Caldina GT4's top speed is 210 km/h ?
try to make it clear...

Top speed is determine by the ratio of your gearbox....
the power of your engine shows how fast you can reach it....

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
sorry to sneak in for a question that's a
bit out of topic..

i love caldina..be it with n/a or turbocharged...but i am concern with one thing..
one of my friends who owns a GT4 (in stock OEM) complains about its high FC..
to be precise..his town driving with full tank only last 2-3 days...
driving on fully auto and smooth driving.

can someone verify this? thx

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
sorry to sneak in for a question that's a
bit out of topic..

i love caldina..be it with n/a or turbocharged...but i am concern with one thing..
one of my friends who owns a GT4 (in stock OEM) complains about its high FC..
to be precise..his town driving with full tank only last 2-3 days...
driving on fully auto and smooth driving.

can someone verify this? thx
it depend on the right foot....hehehe.... mine is stock (except for d/pipe)...

full tank (50 L) can get around 500 km+-... that is 10km/L.... and i pump in Ron95 (sumtime Ron97 for some fun)....
this FC is the same as my fren wira mivec with open pod and exhaust mod (1.6 summore)....
*but it can be improve with some fuel tuning (piggyback)...

Last edited:

had

Nov 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi har1th7

May I know are you driving GT-4 or ZT version. Your Caldina seem to be very Fuel Save.

I also would like to know any problems that you pumping RON95 in your Caldina?

My GT-4 Full Tank can last until 450 or 480 with RON97.

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Hi har1th7

May I know are you driving GT-4 or ZT version. Your Caldina seem to be very Fuel Save.

I also would like to know any problems that you pumping RON95 in your Caldina?

My GT-4 Full Tank can last until 450 or 480 with RON97.
mine is gt4... and with ron95, i don't boost alot, just city driving (rpm 3k and below)... just sometimes when going back LPT, then i'll fill up ron 97...

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
try to make it clear...

Top speed is determine by the ratio of your gearbox....
the power of your engine shows how fast you can reach it....
It's a simple question, bro. Is the top speed of the Caldina GT4 210 km/h ? Aiyor, What's with the rocket science explanation ? Either yes, it's true or I don't know; like BE5RSK said, his is 180 km/h still with the speed cut intact.

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
It's a simple question, bro. Is the top speed of the Caldina GT4 210 km/h ? Aiyor, What's with the rocket science explanation ? Either yes, it's true or I don't know; like BE5RSK said, his is 180 km/h still with the speed cut intact.
Nop... Top speed is 250 - 260 kmh...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HELP NEEDED
Halo frez..any1 out there can help me with some engine advices. 1st of all i wana kno is there a mivec engine wit turbo, to my opinion there is 1 but i'm not pretty sure..if there is 1 can i know wat it is name and its specs?
besides tat i oso wana know wat engines tat can be transplanted into my wira 1.5AT other than GSr and GTi..i'm basically interested in VR4 engine wit TD05 turbin..but i'm afraid it will give me problems in terms of JPJ matters...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience