Hotbits or GAB suspension for Kia Spectra?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

LemonRuski

Known Member
Hi all,

I'm looking for new set of absorbers & spring for my 2004 Kia Spectra. I understand that RS-One sells GAB suspension (HA series) for my Spectra.

Also found out that Hotbits has suspension of my car too.

Need advice. Based on your experience, which would you recommend ? Hotbits or GAB?

Thanks in advance....

GABs, live longer and easier to service. hot-bits will be going into the rubbish bin once it's inner wall wears out(usually about 90K~100K-km service lifetime).

imho,go for hot bits.a lot better then gab.on dennis comment,well,other suspension
will be in the dust bin too if the inner wall wears out.my 2 cent.:biggrin:

true GT_auto, other suspension will go into the bin too if the inner wall wear-out. But, as long as it's a twin-tube design, it's possible to replace the inner pipe. Gab as far as i know, for it's standard model which is non-body hight adjustable. is using twin-tube system. which is serviceable.

my problem with gab is their built quality to be honest.i don't find it to
be up to par with other brand that r locally assemble.

lol~ agree on that. i also found out that HWL had better build quality of all locally made adjustable. hot bit if fine for it's build by big factory, but fall back with his short service life.

lol~ agree on that. i also found out that HWL had better build quality of all locally made adjustable. hot bit if fine for it's build by big factory, but fall back with his short service life.

i second that.

TEIN - Fully adjustable and fully serviceble. even the inner valving can be service, oil can be replace and pressurised gas can be refilled..

TEIN - Fully adjustable and fully serviceble. even the inner valving can be service, oil can be replace and pressurised gas can be refilled..

the major set back of owning a tein suspension is price.

that's hot bits hi-end suspension right?very expensive.

hot bit... expensive stuff with their "germany" tech-brace. but in tern of service life, it's short, around 3 years or 60,000km. i had seen more retired hot bits which been used about 3~4 years than tein (japan, not local) up to 5 years without needing servicing (local tein need to be service every 2 years and it's seals would last about 5 years on good care).

i think tein more better
go for tein
install tein hr21 for kia spectra

hwl
not so good
lost contrl wen take sharp crnring

HWL had not a bad heart. It's about the same as Tein (Malaysia), but just need a few twick will set it right for your car ;)

Top Bottom