Honda+toyota=madness..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ehaab

500 RPM
A honda where u can put a TRD sticker..and it wont be ricey..or ahbeng...

DSC007312.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WirkGXYdOus"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WirkGXYdOus" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Video:
http://www.stwok.com/TurboS2k.wmv

so yeah, I was talking with the guy on s2ki and here are a few things on the swap...

Steering Rack was moved 6-7 inches
Front reinforcement beam was removed
the whole drivetrain is that Nissan conversion stuff
No firewall cutting

As of right now, they will do the whole package, everything everything big single turbo, tune, everything for $16k... If you give them your engine and tranny (F20C) then they'll do it for $12k...

That is insanely cheap. Because with just with engine build up (to lets say 500+ hp) is like 5 grand, then 5-6k on a turbo kit (i'd go with full-race), tune and computer $2,500, nissan drivetrain conversion $3k. And lets go with a grand with misc stuff... thats $17500. Also my S2000 at that point won't be my daily driver anymore... well not as much.

He also said that price will drop if your doing less hp than what they are offering. which is for 900+whp

I'll hopefully be doing this swap next year or if I get more info and some convencing I'd just go turbo or SC with the F20.

taken from finalgear forums...

but thats one hell of a car...

vr vr nice S2000..... but why toyota engine??... stock S2000 engine cant satisfy his hunger???...

which motor is this?
1j 2j 3s?cannot see la

Toyota = 6 banger
Honda = 4 banger

6 banger sounds better IMO.

rollakid said:
woohoo.. supra power in something that handles better than a supra.. this could only be a good thing :-D
Ummm...I suspect the S2Ks inherrent balance and handling traits are out the window after this mod.

FD which is going in 2J too...
crazy fella!
and we always says M'sia boleh...
look at them!

If thats the case, i think spend more on widebody kit with even bigger wheels. Even then i'll rather spend more on a SC than a 2T turbo. Unpredictable engine snap. High tune the F20C more reasonable la. Tons of normal tuned cars would be able to outrun this, if all it could do is go straight.

b00n said:
quote from:
http://www.stwok.com/photos.htm

i.e. more weight to balance the car out....
ie. No longer an S2K. Its got a Honda frontend, Nissan rearend and Toyota engine. Frankenstein car and the owner is an idiot.

I'm sorry, maybe some people like this kind of thing, but I find it totally pointless.

This type of hybrid cars are stealthy and scary... just like dumping a Suzuki GSX-R engine into a SmartForTwo.

This type of hybrid cars are stealthy and scary... just like dumping a Suzuki GSX-R engine into a SmartForTwo. <---- ahaa....saw this video...crazy man!!!

The way I see it, the SmartForTwo + GSX-R is a laugh, it's a novel idea. Because you are taking something mundane and turning it into a crazed machine.

Chopping up an S2K is entirely different. The S2K is a performance car in its own right, with its own characteristics and potential. After they are done with it it is no longer an S2K, its just some scary machine. They could have got a Supra if it was big horsepower they wanted. What they are doing is akin to buying a Ferrari F430 and swapping the Italian V8 with a German one and then putting the engine at the front. Totally pointless and totally losing the plot.

silverfish : uve forgotten the hitler's comments on the s2k already ? lol

btw the car is going to have an s15 rear IIRC . so its a honda with nissan bodyparts and toyota heart lol

I don't think it is pointless... I've heard a couple of Lotus Elise owners in UK who swapped out the stock engine with a K20A from Honda. Now, that's stealth...

how about lotus elises with toyota engines in stock from? hehehe

there are caterams with miata (MX5) engines. there are ...bla, bla

si|verfish said:
Chopping up an S2K is entirely different. The S2K is a performance car in its own right, with its own characteristics and potential. ....

Totally pointless and totally losing the plot.

agree on the S2K own identity, & i guess the owner wanted "something" different. pointless? probably.

does he get a world-wide-attention, he just did.

Top Bottom