Honda Integra Dc5 VS silvia s15

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

subsevend

Known Member
I m considering to get either a DC5 or silvia s15 NA.In terms of pricing of parts,maintenance,stabilility,durability of the car and the resell value,which
one will be better?and which car gets broken into more or stolen?tx to all the
sifus for adavance advises! Hope i can decide ..

S15 with turbo is better. If you don't hand itchy and start modding here and there, it is quite ok. I regret for buying a NA car :bawling:

TS, must consider the testimony from csl, haha

there are also a couple of chassis bracings which u dont get in the NA version, and if im not mistaken the NA lsd is viscous? the boosted one gets the better helical diff

things can get hairy pretty quickly in the wet with the s15 if youre not careful with the right foot

upping the power in the sr20det s15 is easier as well, parts are relatively cheaper, new/used parts are easier to find, and many chassis parts are shared with the s14

maintenance, just do regular oil change at proper intervals

dc5, dunno much

subsevend, are u the one who drove a 180sx? name seems to ring a bell hehe

thanks 4 d info so far

tofu maniac:yup,the 180sx converted to ferrari like.after 10 months,i ve decided that i need a car.A bmw seems to be under "banyak makan wang" and "bring many worries" category else i would love 2 get a BMW325ci.after much thought,and i ve got 2 years to end my twenties,i want a car that is fast,cheap,reliable and if anyone breaks into my car the only thing he should be able to steal is the player.I dont even want to change the computerbox.i want something less problem preferably NA,where i dont need to look at all the meters and drive.I m highly considering DC5 but people say very expensive the parts.i love to keep my car beautiful and i m not good at the technicals of the car.After 2 years lets say i get married which i definitely will,i would want to sell the car if my wife to be is not keen with these type of cars...so any advice?:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

csl: i ve had enough with turbo's...make my life difficult ni.

bro ... i saw ur car in perak ... under a bridge where some old school cars drift ... close by to lumut ... anyways get a DC5 if ur not planning to go turbo ...

Well Subseven.... if u prefer for N/A DC5 n S15... im a S15 owner here too as my suggestion u get DC5 more better if is really goes to N/A... tats got no point n u will wasting time to get a Silvia with N/A...... if want S15 better get a turbo want then u will have a sexy n sweet driveesss..hehehe..... well as i know each of the car also got own secret of abilities...... hehe

subsevend, i think last time i bought a power brace from u LoL, remember me? hehe

btw u got pm

tofu maniac:i cant remember la bro,by the ways wats a power brace?:hmmmm:

maz87 and CSL: ok i believe NA is under powered but is it really that bad?i 1m scared to play with turbo.

syeni69: yup the new owner from lumut.quite a nice young chap.

Subsevend,

I've previously owned an S15 Spec R and I've only got good things to say about it. If you can get your hands on a well maintained one, it shouldn't be any problem. Nissan engines are built tough and can take some serious beating (ok ,moderate). The car never failed on me.

As for the DC5, it surely reigns the NA world and can, at times, give the TC-ed counterparts a run for their money. My brother owns one and it sure is a breeze to feel all that V-Tec kicking.

Maintenance wise,yes, TC-ed cars cost a little bit extra, but G-Force is just sheer pleasure:proud:

In summary, both cars are from different leagues but fun in their own respective ways. That's from my experience anyways.

Just follow your heart & make your decision

Happy hunting

thanks JayDM

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

The auto ones are a failure 2? any other sports that doesnt run on a turbo?

Ur inbox was full, ive just sent u a reply hehe

350z auto is a nice one, may fit the bill for u...but strictly 2 seater :P got nice power, too...but parts aren't cheap

Last edited:
350z is xpensive man when it comes to roadtax and insurance ;) plus not my taste lor

Subsevend, U have owned a 180sx before, and its the same setup as a Silvia S15, why don't you try a DC5 for a change. In terms of maintainance, previously i owned a satria gti Turbo. The maintainance of a DC5, is much more straightforward and cost less. Very durable for hard driving.

Powerwise, it does not gives you the extreme G-force of a Garett ball bearing Turbo does, but there is a different feel with the I-vtec where it kicks in at 6K until 8.5K RPM.

For silvia NA, I belive that it does not have a VV-L ( correct me if im wrong) probably it has VVT. I-Vtec type R lift is a totally different feel compared with other cars that has the same system. Thats the mechanical part. On handling, its a totally different scenario, DC5 is a FF and Silvia is FR. Never owned a FR car before, cant comment that. Maybe you know better becoz your previous car was a FR.

Resale value, definately Integra DC5 is more if compare with Silvia S15 NA. (saw an advert of a S15NA last year selling at RM95 ~ 98K year 2003 and DC5 at 125~135K the same year of manufacture.

Car get broken into? hehe, this is classic. My GTI kena 2 times break in becoz lots of turbo accessory & parts are interchangable with other turbo cars i.e. Boost meters, turbo timer, blow-off, wastegate..... **Touch wood*** again that depends on the safety level of where u park your car at.

Other NA coupe cars : Celica 1.8 VVTL, Hyundai Coupe, Integra DC2, EK9,
Just my 2 cents...

Buy four doors car ler...easier to sell later.

Two doors car or coupe car to sale-back later , depend on luck.

Turbo vs NA?
I've been owned both currently. Evo7 and Accord Euro R C L7. Both manual, Turbo and NA, 5 speed vs 6 speed.
Sometimes keep asking myself why I drove my CL7 more!!
BTW, sold off my Evo last month. Car not been driven for quite sometimes. To avoid jadi besi buruk!! As what my father always told me. hehehehe

Apart DC5, I would suggest u to buy the Accord CL7. Really a hensem car with similar gear ratio to FD2R (except final drive). More-over, where on earth manual 2.0cc NA JDM car that could speed of 5th gear up to 235kmh till redline..with another gear to go??

Fikir2 lah. Selamat beramal!!

hehehe thanks aja and massive infusion..many people have suggested me evo8 rather than dc5or s15.I have driven ek and 180sx before.the ek was better in terms of corner but my bushes selalu kena makan.180sx i beautified it more so drive slowly lor.i prefer to drive fast(fast to me could be slow to other zth members :)) when going outstation or in a hurry.otherwise i m a cool driver,anyone cucuk me also i dont bother.already looking for a life partner so get married in 2 years.so this could be my last 2 door car.4 door once i get married i think sell off n buy 4 doors sports lor...womens are always fussy once they get married so better that way.so DC5 until 2012,evo8 until 2014.. ;) wat u guys think?

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

the accord looks cool also

hehehe thanks aja and massive infusion..many people have suggested me evo8 rather than dc5or s15.I have driven ek and 180sx before.the ek was better in terms of corner but my bushes selalu kena makan.180sx i beautified it more so drive slowly lor.i prefer to drive fast(fast to me could be slow to other zth members :)) when going outstation or in a hurry.otherwise i m a cool driver,anyone cucuk me also i dont bother.already looking for a life partner so get married in 2 years.so this could be my last 2 door car.4 door once i get married i think sell off n buy 4 doors sports lor...womens are always fussy once they get married so better that way.so DC5 until 2012,evo8 until 2014.. ;) wat u guys think?

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

the accord looks cool also

Definitely 4WDT car like Evo is always constituted a better complete package car, compared to any other NA FWD or NA RWD...in term of power, pride of owned it and driving pleasure.

Price for two (2) doors car depreciate much faster, as compared to four (4) doors. so, better buy four (4) doors car straight.

To add more soup to the nasi ayam, you could always view those CL7R videos in youtube..here got one example....hehehehehehe

Trust me, there were few good reasons why European choose Accord Euro R CL7R as a Honda touring car as compared to other Honda saloon model!!

YouTube- Honda Accord Euro R

YouTube- Accord EuroR CL7 Suzuka No.1

Last edited:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom