Help needed about SRS steering

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ealt

2,000 RPM
Hi there
Can anyone help me here.My srs indicator at meter cluster did not goes off during engine running.It should be off after engine have been start.Any fuse or relay damaged coz of its.Anyone experience before.Please help me...thanks

Have you removed your steering wheel recently? If you have, you may have damaged your steering wheel's clockspring.

If not, then try and reset your ECU to see if it goes away. Also check the fuse for the airbags, fusebox is under your ignition.

You could also try and make a fault reader to see what the problem is and cross reference that against your car's fault code list.

Else, you could bring it in to Mitsubishi and have them plug in the MUTII reader to diagnose.

yes..it happens after i remove the steering wheel but only the steering.How to reset the srs ecu?can you tell me...one more thing, fuse for airbags,is it at steering column or far under the dash near the fuel pedal?Still cannot eliminate it....help....thanks

anyone can help here

If it happened after you removed the steering, then chances are it's your clockspring. Check to see if it's cracked or damaged. Needs replacing if it's either. Also check to see if all your connectors are secured, sometimes it's just a loos connector from when you reinstall the steering.

Reset your ECU by disconnecting and reconnecting your battery.

The fuse is in the fusebox located in the driver's side footwell.

I'm already disconnecting and reconnecting my battery but still it's appeared. And I also check the wires connection before and after connectors and its all connected.The continuity are ok. I heard from someone that I needs to reset the ecu by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery but its got some technique to reset it, anyone know it. Thanks....

There is no special technique to reset the ECU. Just disconnect and reconnect the negative terminal.

Check your clockspring for damage or use an ECU reader to be sure.

Already check the clockspring and its ok.ECU reader?where can i have it?thanks

try disconnecting the battery terminal (-ve) for about 10 -20 sec... then install back.. take care when connecting back, if your car is in ON or ACC, you run the risk of blowing more fuses...

still confuse...where can I find the srs fuse...coz cannot seen any of srs symbol at the fuse box...can you help me..thanks

dun think u can reset it by this way,u need to send it to people with diagsnostic machine

just disconnecting the (-ve) terminal but the outcome is still the same....help....

Resetting the ECU only clears the fault if it is an erroneous reading, i.e. there is no fault but the sensors mistakenly registered one.

It will not magically make the light go away if something is wrong with your SRS system, no matter how many times and how many ways you reset the ECU.

Go and send your car in to be diagnosed, any Mitsubishi/EON service centre with an MUTII reader can tell you what's wrong, instead of asking everyone to guess what's wrong with your car.

Cannonfodder said:
Resetting the ECU only clears the fault if it is an erroneous reading, i.e. there is no fault but the sensors mistakenly registered one.

It will not magically make the light go away if something is wrong with your SRS system, no matter how many times and how many ways you reset the ECU.

Go and send your car in to be diagnosed, any Mitsubishi/EON service centre with an MUTII reader can tell you what's wrong, instead of asking everyone to guess what's wrong with your car.

how much its cost?thanks

very true cannonfodder. I suggested to reset the ECU is to get rid of the possibility of a bad connection after the steering installation. If the connection is now OK, this will stop the light from well... lighting up.... but if it still lights up then there is something wrong with either the sensors or the SRS system itself.

I was in the process of getting a OBDII connector and the software to read diagnostic codes + re-tune the ECU itself ... but when my engine blew... well i just have to wait....

can i know where the sensors located..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom