Heikki crashes R8 GT at ROC

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The action from the Race of Champions never fails to live up to its billing but this weekend saw a spectacular crash by Heikki Kovalainen behind the wheel of an Audi R8 GT that left him unconscious in a first round battle against rally champ Sebastien Loeb.

The incident saw the R8 GT parked against a wall after the Finn clipped the inside barrier before spinning into the concrete wall. Although nothing serious, he was knocked unconscious after the crash but was otherwise unharmed. Damage was limited to the car’s suspension with some body scruffs as well.

His girlfriend was in the vehicle at the time of impact but walked away unharmed as well.

Heikki later posted on his Twitter feed that the problem was caused by a jammed throttle, something which the early braking in the video could lend proof to.

In case you’re wondering, Loeb went on to reach the finals but fell at the hands of Felipe Albuquerque.

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qpA3m2qFD_Q?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Source: Yahoo

Attachments

MaRvyn

Known Member
Nov 9, 2007
www.vixiousworks.com
Conclusion : R8 is NOT an F1 car...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Jammed throttle.. how likely is that to happen to drive by wire systems?
Too much technology?

BTW, not doubting his driving skills, he is a good driver.

Goodbye nice ride.

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
Jammed throttle.. how likely is that to happen to drive by wire systems?
Too much technology?

BTW, not doubting his driving skills, he is a good driver.

Goodbye nice ride.
Pretty sure the ride made it out with minimal damages as well... susp and some body parts..:)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
saw from the vids it because turning in too early??? :hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

So sad that my ride currently having ABS problem. There are 2 situations the ABS indicator light on.

1. When the engine is cold, the ABS indicator light is on while the ECU is checking on the sensor and it went off. After 10min cruising, the indicator light on again and never go off.

2. The ABS indicator light is remaining on after i start my car where i just off it few minutes (go down and buy stuff and off my car).

I've unplug my battery -ve terminal to reset the ECU...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience