Haltech Sprint 500

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

nan83

Known Member
Nov 14, 2004
Pasir Mas,Kel
thankz for ur advice..im going to drive by wire...next week start project...send my car at millennium sunway...
owh you have prob with the wiring.... the check light & engine running in safe mode...

huumm.... for injector just like jo1 said, just measure yr current injector resistance & go buy resistor at electronic store. than put it yr current wiring...

for the ignition coil... cannot use resistor?? i oso dun have experience doing this.... but can try lah.. just measure yr current primary coil resistance & put it in wiring... humm, i don't know if it will generate more heat & fail the resistance.... need to ask electronic engineer first lah before anything bad happen. Or other method is try buy one unit of coil & plug all hole for spark plug wire contact ( secondary coil) .. the coil will act like dump coil... just to cheat the ecu.. dunno it will work or not, can try coz it more safe...

but i think campro use map sensor right... not airflow ....

Last edited:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
I also heard there's firmware issue with the Sprint 500... Which was what holds me back... Not sure if they've already solved it.

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
I also heard there's firmware issue with the Sprint 500... Which was what holds me back... Not sure if they've already solved it.
Don't worry about that, just continue with your project. I have install few S500 and there no issue for the time being.

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
jo1..so the best solution is change to drive by cable right??

That the simplest solution with chance upgrading to bigger throttle body....:biggrin:

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
There is certain car that you can convert to cable and some you have to stick with the drive by wire. It depend on how the original system running. You need to bring the car to the workshop first so they can access whether it can be done or not.

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
it should be no pbroblem with your car also.....

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
i wish what u say can be a reality.....:hmmmm:
U have to replace the entire throttlebody systemincluding the TPS and idling control either by the haltech idling solenoid or FICD... FICD is the cheapest.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
FICD?? when i can get this part??
Previously, our car works this way.... We step on accelerator, the cable connected pull the cable and it opens the throttle... Attached to the throttle is the Throttle position sensor... Then the signal is sent to the ECU...

Now, it's reverse. U step on the accelerator, the signal is sent to the ECU, and the ECU send another signal to the stepper motor to move the throttle according to the signal sent from the accelerator.. And every idling issue, air intake is controlled by the stepper motor that controls the throttle...

So, when u convert bact to the Drive by cable, then u need something to control the idling esspecially when AC on. So, easiest is by using FICD(TOYOTA Fast Idling Control Device) which is actually a solenoid valve. Do it like the old mistubishi when the ISC fails.

boxer_power

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
miami
i am running v7 sti got avcs,can i run with sprint 500?
which is better between ecutek and sprint 500... :confused:

APTuning

Known Member
i am running v7 sti got avcs,can i run with sprint 500?
which is better between ecutek and sprint 500... :confused:
go and look at Haltech Forum,what he say and how good basic Sprint 500.If u are from Miami u can asking Crisspeed,Coreperformance or Ryso tech.He's a good guy,but dont give the Stupid Question..

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

i think best for turbo car is platinum 1000....
not really say,for basic still good S500 but more Aux to P1000

Last edited:

EJ9

Mar 28, 2011
Shah Alam
How the fuel and ignition wiring of the original ecu and S500 were done? Did you still have the check engine light function?
i dont know bout wiring...bcoz i send my car at gt auto 3 days...but my check engine light is still on everytime .. I have to ask mr Chew soon gt auto.. he said this was because the ECU oem does not receive feedback from the ignition and air flow ..plz need to advices/...

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

mr jo1...i dont know bout wiring...bcoz i send my car at gt auto 3 days...but my check engine light is still on everytime .. I have to ask mr Chew soon gt auto.. he said this was because the ECU oem does not receive feedback from the ignition and air flow ..plz need to advices/...
gt autto my frien say nt so gud becous they got duit problum kerana beli terlalu banyak daino mesin. i wan go ther but my frien tel me they got banyak hal problems there that kualiti tak baik because alot of pekerja inside gaduh2 sampai kerja terjejas. and jual barang tak tulen? betuk ke? lucki itu mr Chew soon alreadi investing to take over the shop.hihihihihi. hari tu,i go civic gathering dengan member they telling me mr Chew soon is boss baru owning the workshop and very friendli not like itu tobi huhuhuhu! i hairan dia tak tolong u wid the chek enjin lighet/?

Last edited:

A Post Every 5 Mins

Actually i hav done half of the wiring.. manual timer can working but the auto timer not working yet, still looking anyone who know this diagram

Red wire = 12v
Blue wire = ACC
Green wire = ON
Black wire = Ground

got another 4 extra wires,
- GREY (maybe h/brake)
- YELLOW
- GREEN
- BROWN

i dunno where to tap it. btw got ppl selling new one, but i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience