Fuel Savers & Additives

wwshyue

Known Member
Apr 9, 2006
Hi guys....i visited Brothers today and found alot of those Fuel Saver gadjets (Magnet, Kompressor, Voltage stabiliser and etc.) and Additives (Petrol Treatment, Gear treatment, Octane Booster, Petrol treament and Engine Flush and etc.).......i was wondering do these things really work??

Maybe some of you guys have experience on it or maybe u are using it now.....so please share your experiences here......on the Effectiveness, Prices, and whatever thing that u all have in mind about these things.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
through the posting i read in forum, most of them don't work as per what written in on the box.

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Voltage Stabilizers & Grounding helps on better response because of a more stabilize current to the ECU. It also improves your lights brightness & ICE sound clarity.
However, it doesn't help much on FC. Becareful of imitation products. I am using Pivot Raizin VS-E... bought from HMS (another member of zth).

I am also using Top-50 (Fuel Saving Device)..bought from HMS... Don't seem to see a substantial FC improvement. In my opinion, most of this fuel-saving device don't give much FC improvement. Better go for the ECU tuning instead.

Addictives are used to help protect the engine during cold startups. There are many in the market. I am using STP now. Again the car is slightly more responsive. Haven't tried the XR-1 (quite expensive)...anyone used before can give feedback??

wwshyue

Known Member
Apr 9, 2006
IC.....by the way, i see the Injector cleaner, petrol treatment and Octane Booster are all doing the same thing (Cleaning the entire fuel system) is it the same?? but STP even have both Injector cleaner and petrol treatment....so that means is not the same??

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
That 1 is petrol treatment. Has some fuel injection cleaning substance in it. Also normally has additional octane booster. Good to use during long distance trip. Clean up the fuel injection system.

The other is engine oil treatment. Now using STP. Before that, using a "green label-forgot the brand" from US. Nothing much to brag about. Just to give a thicker and smoother lubrication to the pistons. If you got $$, go try the XR-1... I think RM68 leh...

sugar in my car

Aug 15, 2006
emm...
for me i think better don't install it in to your car...
coz, my dad try them before, especialy the what Magnet and Kompressor things....

make many problem, some more didn't improve anything at all,
i ask feel of my mechanic, and they also said it's no proven yet...

wwshyue

Known Member
Apr 9, 2006
for the Fuel Saver things, actually i doubt it can really works.....but for some ppl i think they will still try it....well the most important thing is.....when u use that kinda thing...make sure it will jus go bac to the stock condition and wun effect your car when the unit went faulty....

Dartango,
i tried the oil treatment before when i was driving my old proton. i cant remember the name but am sure it is not X-1R....that oil cost me RM70++ per bottle...stop using it cost too expensive:(.....but i can really feels the diffrence....my old proton engine response better,less vibration and more quiet. One of my female colleague using it on her old Sunny...there was once she go to change oil and the mechanic was shocked cos her engine oil dried up but the engine still running like normal.....i always don believe the advertisement when they drain the engine oils to prove the things works until i see this true story....but i don know those cheaper additive provides this kinda protection or not....i think i will try STP oils 1st to see whether it works on my coupe.

well...for the petrol treatment....i got another thinking......instead of spending the money (RM10-15) on the petrol treatment....y don we just use the money on better Fuel (like V-power).....normally 1 tank requires around RM105 for normal fuel....then i think by spending around RM120 can get a full tank of V-power alr...since V-power claims 2 have the same effects like those petrol treatment....and i think it is more practical....guys...wat do u think ??

by the way, projet fuel and V-power...both having same "statement" of cleaning and powerful....which 1 is better?? definately projet is cheaper.....

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
petrol treatment addictives should only be used in once a while.
Nowadays, petrols quality are being upgraded. First, we saw Petronas with Primax3, then Shell, then BHP & now Project...all this petrol should give you some kind of improved performance... I am using Primax3..feels slightly better & smoother. Petrol Saving...can't measure it lar...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Recently, I dropped by JC Racing in Bandar Sunway to visit Jacky. Jacky has been a good friend, who was introduced by another forum member in Honda Car owners club. His expertise in tuning and modifcations are well known, especially for Honda make and models. He had a few cars that ran in the Sepang 1000KM endurance races and they were quite successful. If you need any Honda parts, you could gladly drop by...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience