F1 style paddle shift in new Civic?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Can anybody confirm if the new Civic comes with F1 style paddle shifts?

o8evyf.jpg

could be. looks nicer then what we can get for the MRS SMT paddle

Last edited:
no surprise lar... now even proton playing with its Automated Manual Transmission mah... why big company like Honda cannot do paddle shifts...

*ricer comment*
"ohhhhh! now my civic can drive like schumaker!! whalauweiiii"

::sorry cant resist::

Yeah the new Civic does have an AMT transmissino option... I wonder if we will get it here?

the civic UK spec..has loads of goodies..including voice activation..
i think Fifth gear did a test...maybe u guyz can d/l it...

ehaab said:
the civic UK spec..has loads of goodies..including voice activation..
i think Fifth gear did a test...maybe u guyz can d/l it...

Any link to the 5th gear torrent file?

Evo thinks the paddle shifters should be avoided and you should opt for the plain manual one.

yup i would go for plain manuals...i dont really like the paddle shift..prefer the clucth and the stick..

I would find that odd because in Europe they only have manual 'boxes (6 speeder, ok!). With only the option of the automated manual.

My fren told me that he saw from Honda Singapore website that they got the option for manual too.

I wonder how much is it going to be...
Quite a lot more expensive than the 2.0 accord I reckon.

hm...i dont think we need this kind of f1 shift...just to show..

fritz said:
hm...i dont think we need this kind of f1 shift...just to show..
same thing when auto gearbox release in the earlier day, ppl said, "that's for retarded ppl who can't control sterring, gear padel and gear shifting the same time", heck, most of the ppl in big City driving auto now.

So why do the retarded now need 2 extra buttons behind the wheel to deal with?

if the new civic has the new paddle shift/buttons at the steering, system similar to SMG (BMW) or the SMT (toyota); Both of these aren't Auto but Sequential.
(Basically its manual without the foot clucth contary to a lot of people-on-the-street understanding.) You dont find "D" there.

i suppose the now honda too wanna join that club.

AMT (for savvy is sequential or Auto?)

si|verfish said:
So why do the retarded now need 2 extra buttons behind the wheel to deal with?
haha, u caught me, perhaps i give a wrong example. haha. I mean it's a new trend and direction, or perhaps a selling point. Civic is for young dude, and young dude like new function, cool stuff (function becomes secondary in this case, cool doesn't means useful or helpful most of the time, more for marketing).

PS: I dun think retarded can handle those button. :p
PS: How many user with shiftronic or triptronic user use the gear shifting? I dunno, I just know my uncle don't use the City steering button for gear shift. :)

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom