EVO 9 MIVEC TURBO powerfull?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

HL Milk

hi all, i'm a EVO fans. studying all the news about the EVO 1 to latest 9 series. But have no $$$ to get one. so sad.
so all ZTH members, please share your experience on EVO 9 performance here. we will like to know how power this car? maintenace? reliability? fuel ? and all about this new engine.

oks share share for those member that boh $$$$ to get one. haha:emoticon_U:

ha ha, of course powerful. with 288 bhp b4 modification. My mivec was the lastest model. i can upgrade similar as Evo 9 engine. Have u seen the pic?

I really dun understand. your gen2 with mivec? Or campro. In another topic you said your gen2 is using evo9 mivec. Pls la bro. Evo9 is mivec turbo. i've read of your posts (i'm referring to gen2 mivec) and they make no sense at all.

as far as i know evo9's mivec only got cam timing and no variable valve lift like other mivecs. horsepower is the same since its capped but the torque band is wider due to the variable cam timing thus you get more power through out the rev range.

the car itself however is softer, although with newer electronics, the car overall turn "soft" thus its not the fastest evo, and in Fifthgear tv show you can see evo 6 beat the evo9 with older technology.

my 2 cent conclusion: if you buy an evo9, upgrade the suspension :rofl:

There is evo 8 MR FQ340 which has 340 horsepower..well thats come standard from the factory if i'm not mistaken..right? thats fackin quick

a question for the pure EVO 9 owner...
they r more knowledgeable abt this cars..
u can get many things frm the internet eg spec n stuffs, but frm experience, maintainance etc, i think the views frm the owner is somewhat better..

EVO9 owners?:shocked:

theCypher said:
There is evo 8 MR FQ340 which has 340 horsepower..well thats come standard from the factory if i'm not mistaken..right? thats fackin quick

there is even an fq400. saw it on top gear. as fast as a lamborghini murcielago around the corners. and it doesnt even lose out so much on the straights.

theCypher said:

omg..that's fast man...

i tot the highest spec is the fq430 or was it fq400 , which is limited to how many units and available in UK only ...

got any real EVO 9 owner?? not by reading the internet info mah. i need real experience that better and more 'syok' then those theory nia loh. hahahaha.......

peace..........

yeah, i think its FQ430. If i was not wrong, its pre-tuned package by HKS and its under 3 years Mitsu house warantty. i've the full spec and write up articles of all FQ version, wt's the stuff being used and stats in 1 of the UK mag. need to dig up though. whahahaha

hmmm i need a help of a top gear expert here ... i remember there was an episode of the fq 400 or fq430 vs the lambo murcielago ....
hmmmm

it was the fq400 that took on the murcielago. was built by mitsubishi british engineers

HL Milk, go get some vcd/dvd or either download from the internet. See those pro japanese racers comment about the car. That's the best way. Then u can get experience instead of theory only.

But me myself was shocked when i knew that EVO9 is using a MIVEC. But the aerodynamics looks cool. Saw once right infront of my car at Bandar Utama.
Kewlll...

Best EVO in my opinion is EVO6. Coz i experienced once.

Regards,
|| K o b e e ||

Top Bottom