Engine oil missing

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
verticalimit said:
mine also same no leaking no white smoke every week need top up.
before this using fully synthetic oil now change to rm 22 mineral oil cheap cheap.
haizzzzzzzzzzzz...... what to do need top up no $$$ T.T .. thought of buying
X-1R n try. if cannot then sue them haha get compensation money ^_^ hehe
Somebody try out then tell us if its ok.no guts to try yet
try Q8 semi syn....

MystaJ

Known Member
Feb 10, 2005
Green Lane
verticalimit said:
mine also same no leaking no white smoke every week need top up.
before this using fully synthetic oil now change to rm 22 mineral oil cheap cheap.
haizzzzzzzzzzzz...... what to do need top up no $$$ T.T .. thought of buying
X-1R n try. if cannot then sue them haha get compensation money ^_^ hehe
Somebody try out then tell us if its ok.no guts to try yet
i already bought X-1R, just haven't poured in yet. i've been told its recommended to pour in on next oil change during servicing. my car is about time to service sometime tomolo, will pour in then and check out the performance of the X-1R to see whether it is as good as it is promoted or not. i'll keep u updated verticalimit...

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
MystaJ said:
i already bought X-1R, just haven't poured in yet. i've been told its recommended to pour in on next oil change during servicing. my car is about time to service sometime tomolo, will pour in then and check out the performance of the X-1R to see whether it is as good as it is promoted or not. i'll keep u updated verticalimit...
use Q8 n try...u wil satisfy i guess

MystaJ

Known Member
Feb 10, 2005
Green Lane
huakenny said:
use Q8 n try...u wil satisfy i guess
dude, wat is Q8 semi-synthetic? wat brand is it? Q8? i haven't seen or heard it la...sorry...i've been using TL Lubricants so far for turbo engines wan, cost RM118 per bottle, and then now switched to AMOIL costing RM90+ per bottle now. are these fully synthetic or semi? i oso not too sure...i just go to my mech and he recommend me to use this brands so i just use la...

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
MystaJ said:
dude, wat is Q8 semi-synthetic? wat brand is it? Q8? i haven't seen or heard it la...sorry...i've been using TL Lubricants so far for turbo engines wan, cost RM118 per bottle, and then now switched to AMOIL costing RM90+ per bottle now. are these fully synthetic or semi? i oso not too sure...i just go to my mech and he recommend me to use this brands so i just use la...
aiyo dude..u dunno wat is Q8...so out..check it out or ask around in zth....wat a good oil in market....

most performance cars r using...chewck it out 1st..u can see this oil lying at performance shop around damansara,sunway,subang areas...

MystaJ

Known Member
Feb 10, 2005
Green Lane
huakenny said:
aiyo dude..u dunno wat is Q8...so out..check it out or ask around in zth....wat a good oil in market....

most performance cars r using...chewck it out 1st..u can see this oil lying at performance shop around damansara,sunway,subang areas...
sorry for not knowing la bro...i'm from penang...where i am, its always been outdated...we don even have projet petrol stations here la...not to mention burger king either...but we compensate for a lot of other things in terms of food lol...but pardon me...i dun know wat Q8 is...mind telling me more pls?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
MystaJ said:
sorry for not knowing la bro...i'm from penang...where i am, its always been outdated...we don even have projet petrol stations here la...not to mention burger king either...but we compensate for a lot of other things in terms of food lol...but pardon me...i dun know wat Q8 is...mind telling me more pls?
ehehe...when u come kl...buy one Q8 motor oil n gv it a try...no regret man....price almost the same with other brands but better gain in performance term,smoother n quiter...

Semi 15w/40 rm80(neg) fully 10w/50 rm160(if not mistaken)...can courier to penang oso wat if u wan....

i'll go to Sungai Petani soon//maybe tis month or next month..i fu wan...i bring to u lo...but u gotta come SP n take..i dunno how to go penang..ahaha

MystaJ

Known Member
Feb 10, 2005
Green Lane
huakenny said:
ehehe...when u come kl...buy one Q8 motor oil n gv it a try...no regret man....price almost the same with other brands but better gain in performance term,smoother n quiter...

Semi 15w/40 rm80(neg) fully 10w/50 rm160(if not mistaken)...can courier to penang oso wat if u wan....

i'll go to Sungai Petani soon//maybe tis month or next month..i fu wan...i bring to u lo...but u gotta come SP n take..i dunno how to go penang..ahaha
hmmm...okok...i'll see how...meanwhile, any links that can point me to more info on this oil? thanks for ur offer anyway...

S.W.Yap

Known Member
Aug 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
MystaJ said:
AF too rich meaning too much petrol is it? cos i don have a fuel regulator or an SAFC to control the fueling. Shud i get one? my muffler is still new la...wat do u mean by turbo shaft? meaning the inside of the turbo rite? does it mean i have to dismantle the whole turbo to check the saft? intake piping meaning from the manifold or from the filter? i'm not really understanding here...wat bush are u talking about? bearing, oil seals? are these all in the turbo itself or external to the turbo wan? cos i'm not very very familiar...pls forgive me...
What you need to do is dismantle the intake pipe that lead
to the turbo(that one connect to air filter),that you can see
the turbo intake "fan",hold the ceter of the fan,which we call
it shaft,than check whether it can shake up and down or not,
if it does,that mean the turbo bearing/bush already wear off,
so the engine oil will leak from the bearing to the internal turbo,inlet piping then into your combustion chamber,then white smoke come out lah ! if it is a small leak , you might see
your compression piping,which is the pipe from turbo to intercooler to engine have sticky oil , if it does , then confirm
turbo leaking.
I think you can try to use a thicker oil like 15-50 or 20-50 ,
better use semi or fully sync oil, see whether can solve this
problem or not , but don't use mineral oil ! And becareful from
buying "fake/recycle" oil , I spoil two turbo before because the
oil that I bought is the recycle oil.

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
happened to me b4. exactly the samething..no leaking/white smoke

sent to a top overhaul(still under warranty). spend a week there. replaced all valve seals.

problem solved

MystaJ

Known Member
Feb 10, 2005
Green Lane
S.W.Yap said:
What you need to do is dismantle the intake pipe that lead
to the turbo(that one connect to air filter),that you can see
the turbo intake "fan",hold the ceter of the fan,which we call
it shaft,than check whether it can shake up and down or not,
if it does,that mean the turbo bearing/bush already wear off,
so the engine oil will leak from the bearing to the internal turbo,inlet piping then into your combustion chamber,then white smoke come out lah ! if it is a small leak , you might see
your compression piping,which is the pipe from turbo to intercooler to engine have sticky oil , if it does , then confirm
turbo leaking.
I think you can try to use a thicker oil like 15-50 or 20-50 ,
better use semi or fully sync oil, see whether can solve this
problem or not , but don't use mineral oil ! And becareful from
buying "fake/recycle" oil , I spoil two turbo before because the
oil that I bought is the recycle oil.
whoa!!! so many things in detailed...teruk...shud i ask my mech to do this for me or i do myself? cos i've never actually dismantled anything in my car on my own, except for replacing light bulbs that is...lol...but thanks for ur info...i'm sure it has helped a lot here...

verticalimit

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
MystaJ said:
thanks man hehe....

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
my non-turbo car had the same problem last time....engine oil going missing & no white smoke or whatsoever !!! apparently it went into the gearbox.....cos when i changed from auto to manual the mechanic did not change the oil seal between the engine & g/b but after few months the clutch started to slip & thats where i detected the problem......but i am not sure if this could be the problem for others as mine is a very isolated case of imcompetent mechanic.

stievorex

Oct 20, 2005
MystaJ said:
Hi, need some help here. I'm driving Mira L2S converted kancil. MY car used to have white smoke problems. First, went and replaced valve seals but its not original ones so still got smoke. But didn't know its not ori daihatsu oil seals. So i thot my piston rings KO adi, so i went for overhaul of the whole engine, and true enough, not only my piston rings KO, my pistons oso KO due to lack of fuel. Later only find out that my fuel pump KO oso. So after changing all the necessary part and overhaul, still got white smoke, then changed to ori daihatsu valve seals. Now no more white smoke. But 2 weeks after servicing my car, i check my engine oil level indicator, my engine oil is missing wor! It's almost completely finished. Now i'm confused, i don see white smoke during idling or at start of engine, or during driving, but during idling i can smell engine oil burning. I can recognise this smell cos when there was white smoke, i already remember the kind of smell by heart adi, so now, i won't mistaken the smell. My question is, where did my engine oil disappear to? No leaking when i observed my engine bay or my parking lot, no visibale engine oil leakage on the floor or around the turbo, or engine bay. So wat could be the problem? This is a mystery...and i'm confused and worried! Pls help me someone?
try Q8T630 5w-30(semi syn) or Q8T500 10w-30.Sure got feel,bro!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there everyone,

I have some problems and questions here. Please advised....!!!

Yesterday my Wira Meter Km/h (that show whats the car speed & the numbers that show how many Km that my car have run) suddenly stop functioning. I heard that it should b a smalll problem, maybe is the wire connection loose oledi. Any idea?

So now i intend to remove the meter to checked, this is my first time, so then for wira is it easy to remove it? Only remove the screw and take it out? Do i need to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience