E-management vs LT4 vs SMT6

DJ-LanEvo3

May 2, 2005
Hi, I have quite poor and insufficient knowledge in ECU area..

Anyone can please help me to widen my knowledge in ECU area?

In terms of that my budget is quite tight.. so what could be
the best option for my car...
My spec is just merely stock Evo3 spec and I don think I will not modify my car that much.. but planning to boost up to
1.5 bar... (actually currently it's running at 1.5 bar at 5th gear... it seems like boost creep)
Current situation
1-2nd gear :... didn see it properly..
3rd gear : 0.8-9 bar
4th gaer : 1.2 bar
5th gear : 1.5 or could be over (Max bar for my meter is 1.5)
It reaches till the end of max bar.

Any of piggy backs mentoined above can settle my problem and will work nicely on my car?
Obvisouly I need External waste gate as well.. it might look like
my actuator is not working any more...

so my concern is... what could be the best option, reliable
and can cover up my future plan for my car...
Probably my future plan is getting TD06 Turbine with High cam + adjustable cam pulley.
(Simply expensive one could be the best one.. but my budget is tight.. that's why ... I'm looking for 'Right functions + budget price item = My need')

ps. mind stating bit of their characteristics and functions as well plz..
TQ in advance...

jinkl

May 22, 2004
boost creep could be so many things
could be ur turbo elbow crack
could be actuator flapper crack
could be ur vacuum hose leak
could be ur actuator not functioning properly

by if u r heading towards 1.5bar then i guess its time to throw away ur actuator frm the td05 .

as for ur stock now , yes u can run smt6 , emanage or lt4
smt6 u can add aditional MAP sensor
emanage would be a for a simple setup
lt4 can eliminate ur MAF totally

bt if u r going for td06 then its no time for this anymore
u better sell ur stock ecu and get a standalone
remember 20g td06 ur stock 252 cams would not be breathing properly
time to throw in atleast 600cc injectors and 272 or 264 cams.

last bt not least hehehe , wei where r u trying to head man
with 20g its gonna be really hard soon to pour fuel and with high cams u r gonna be dry man . i really tink u should just get smt6 from gt auto , ask them to retune ur ignition and also ur air fuel ratio , place a 3bar map sensor and u r ready for a 1.8bar boost. when u need power boost up , if u r driving slow boost low.

cyilaw

kuantan
jinkl said:
boost creep could be so many things
could be ur turbo elbow crack
could be actuator flapper crack
could be ur vacuum hose leak
could be ur actuator not functioning properly

by if u r heading towards 1.5bar then i guess its time to throw away ur actuator frm the td05 .

as for ur stock now , yes u can run smt6 , emanage or lt4
smt6 u can add aditional MAP sensor
emanage would be a for a simple setup
lt4 can eliminate ur MAF totally

bt if u r going for td06 then its no time for this anymore
u better sell ur stock ecu and get a standalone
remember 20g td06 ur stock 252 cams would not be breathing properly
time to throw in atleast 600cc injectors and 272 or 264 cams.

last bt not least hehehe , wei where r u trying to head man
with 20g its gonna be really hard soon to pour fuel and with high cams u r gonna be dry man . i really tink u should just get smt6 from gt auto , ask them to retune ur ignition and also ur air fuel ratio , place a 3bar map sensor and u r ready for a 1.8bar boost. when u need power boost up , if u r driving slow boost low.

wa...geng, expert.... :dancing2:

GT Auto still selling new SMT6?....i dont think so...

jinkl

May 22, 2004
ops hehe dunno the new updates

my choice is smt6 cos can run on the MAP sensor as side support
i dint choose lt4 cos lt4 is only air/fuel and cant play with ignition.
As i know dj-evo3 mods his car already rojak kaw kaw now , for sure ignition kacau oso redi.

cyilaw : no laa not geng or expert laa, i went thru this b4 hehe at the end . i oso faced boost creep cos of the actuator kong, put in a external gate , retune with simple drax chip to adjust back my ignition n a/f then boost up. i wanted to put smt6 oso , bt then u see smt6 include install is 2k rite , u sell ur stock ecu n wiring n maf for 1.5k , u can now use all the money buy microtech redi ler

DJ-LanEvo3

May 2, 2005
Thanks Jinkl for ur precious comments..

"Probably my future plan is getting TD06 Turbine with High cam + adjustable cam pulley.
(Simply expensive one could be the best one.. but my budget is tight.. that's why ... I'm looking for 'Right functions + budget price item = My need')"

Hahaha... Jin.. this future plan will be probably done by some day in next year.. hopefully hahahaha.... So most probably.. I'm thinking of... getting E-management.. which has fuel + ignition controlling... seems quite ok.. and the price.. is most reasonable... (planing to get a 2nd one...)

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
wei jinkl...next week come join tt lah...both of u guys also woc memebr mah...can share share info...

dj lan....this fello crzy mama turbo gila..

gt auto got sell smt6 lah if not mistaken...thomas told me rm 2100 plus install n tuning...but tat was also quite some time back

cyilaw

kuantan
jinkl said:
ops hehe dunno the new updates

my choice is smt6 cos can run on the MAP sensor as side support
i dint choose lt4 cos lt4 is only air/fuel and cant play with ignition.
As i know dj-evo3 mods his car already rojak kaw kaw now , for sure ignition kacau oso redi.

cyilaw : no laa not geng or expert laa, i went thru this b4 hehe at the end . i oso faced boost creep cos of the actuator kong, put in a external gate , retune with simple drax chip to adjust back my ignition n a/f then boost up. i wanted to put smt6 oso , bt then u see smt6 include install is 2k rite , u sell ur stock ecu n wiring n maf for 1.5k , u can now use all the money buy microtech redi ler
what is the market price for the ecu only? i just sold my re-map ecu with only Rm850..:thumpdown. now haltech also very cheap already...then can play anti-lag, launch control.... :dancing2:

cyilaw

kuantan
Yong_5290 said:
wei jinkl...next week come join tt lah...both of u guys also woc memebr mah...can share share info...

dj lan....this fello crzy mama turbo gila..

gt auto got sell smt6 lah if not mistaken...thomas told me rm 2100 plus install n tuning...but tat was also quite some time back
Toby told me they not selling any new SMT 6?...i hear last month when i service my car i chit chat with him... :rolleyes:

monsterv6

May 3, 2005
S.J
yea gt auto dont sell SMT6 already..they are now more into haltech....:)

jinkl

May 22, 2004
yeah i tink they into haltech interceptor already bt then price = microtech redi wor..
yong_5290 : i was there in hartamas when u all tt in burger king ,
bt i dint step into you all cos i was already drunk , i might accidently utter that i put porshe engine rojak with 4g63 hehehehhehe ...

Djevo , wei the thing is tht the e-manage u got to buy the harness for injectors n ingition seperately, better watch for tht :) 2nd hand if it costs around 800 basic unit or 1000with harness, then its value for money, i got a place u can get it on road tune, if interested u know my number ma :)

DJ-LanEvo3

May 2, 2005
Ya lah bro... I was so worried that u suddenly disappeared like that.. hahaha...
Yea.. Anyways I don think I will upgrade my turbine that early
maybe end of next year or later...
So I will probably keep this spec and
getting Waste gate + E management + AVRC...

Yo Jin... we better meet up once.. I got a lot of things to
talk with u bro..

DJ-LanEvo3

May 2, 2005
Anyone can explain and share info about E management
and AVRC plz?

What functions they have and how it works...

Plz lah..

And anyone knows how the quality of Tailand made Waste gate? I want to buy good brand one.. but I'm really damn kau kau broke.. :frown:

DJ-LanEvo3

May 2, 2005
Oh.. it seemed like everyone recommend me to get a original one for waste gate... Hm.. Yo Jinkl... can u organize a donation fund for me? I guess I really need some cash... haha

A Post Every 5 Mins

The classic American sports car turns 60 in 2013 and the Chevrolet Corvette originally left the assembly floor with a six-banger under its hood.

With its diamond jubilee on the horizon, reports are indicating that the next generation Vette’ could have a throw back to its yesteryears by having a V6 lump under the hood of the C7. However, forced...