door visors

ModMaestro

Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
I've been wondering, what exactly does door visors do? and why do you have them?

personally, I think they look ,for lack of better words, stupid. especially those really big ones that can be called flaps instead of visors. But hey that's just me, don't get all upset.

facelift

Apr 25, 2005
wiser

I think they look ok on certain car. But I also agree that it doesn't look that good on most cars. The purpose is i think if you park ur car under hot sun, then you can lower down ur window a little bit to let air go inside, then if its rain, the visor will stop it from going in. The bigger the visor, the more air can get in. Ehehe =)

sonictheory

Dec 10, 2004
Selangor, Malaysia
ermm...well kinda offended with the word u toking....it's their $, they can do whatever they like...

for me, i put in for looks, and ofcoz can nonit turn on aircond, just wind down abit the window for some air...without messy up my hair...
and another good thing is when raining...u feel cold, u can nonit turn on aircond, just wind down abit for some air...i've been went thru a car from oppossite, splash up the water from ground, and my window was wind down a bit coz raining, i din turn on the air cond...but the water din go into my car coz got visor, try imagine if that moment i dun have visor... thats all :D

my aftermarket visor look kinda big and ahbeng for my car ler... but it works well as some have said above, preventing rain water from getting in while driving...

mayb i get back my ori door visor and tinted it darker... hehe...

ModMaestro

Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
so that's the purpose of door visors then.

I do apologize for using the word 'stupid'.

anyway, does huge door visor affects the car aerodynamics??....

Fiat Group’s chi
ef executive officer, Sergio Marchionne was involved in a car accident after his Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano collided with a Renault late Friday on the Swiss A1 highway near the city of <st1:city st="on"><st1:place st="on">Basel</st1:place></st1:city>. Luckily, both Marchionne and the driver of the Renault managed to escape unhurt from the accident...