Not open for further replies.
Exterior and Body

Door Silence Strip

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Door Silence Strip
This post is taken from Pocket Rocket(White CRZ with gold XXR). He deserves all the credits and I have asked for permission.

This strip is to reduce wind noise and make better contact between the rubber door seal/lining to car body.
-Hence better door closing sound.
-One roll for one door. 4.3M.
-3M double sided tape is provided. Just 'stick' n play.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

Had some free time over this public holiday, got these fantastic rubber door liners from stupidcar couple weeks back. Asked me to do a write up.
Everytime someone closes the door my heart aches a little. Why? They tend to slam and the rubber liners wear out prematurely especially if your car is parked under the raging afternoon sun. Slamming the door only accelerates wear. "Only petrolheads know of this particular ache". So.. With this additional door liners, the gap closes between the original rubber seals and the car's metal structure resulting in a more solid "thud" when closing.
This promotes better isolation from the external road or wind noises your car may typically have from poor design language. (Try the F30) Its prepared with 3M double sided tape and all you need is a blade or scissors to snip off access.

Our DIY bro Izso.

Last edited:

kobzng

Known Member
May 30, 2013
Klang
Got mine installed. And 4.3 meter is super sufficient.
Door close sound is definitely firmer now compared to before installation.
Would have been better if it's thicker tho. Now i feel like getting 2 more sets and lay right on top of the current ones. HAHAHAHA !

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Got mine installed. And 4.3 meter is super sufficient.
Door close sound is definitely firmer now compared to before installation.
Would have been better if it's thicker tho. Now i feel like getting 2 more sets and lay right on top of the current ones. HAHAHAHA !
Nice lah bro! Post some pictures here also okay ma.

Status
Not open for further replies.