doch vtec auto gearbox problem

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

civic18c

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
kuala lumpur
i use doch vtec auto engine b18c the problem is the gearbox very fast change when drive slowly (traffic jam) they cause trouble my driving if drive fast they no problem

so i change ek4 gearbox (auto) use in my b18c engine for soft this problem but they also same.
got 2 sensor (black color nearly gearbox mounting) at b18c gearbox i use at ek4 gearbox because ek4 sensors (sockets) not same with my wiring.

if i use ek4 sensor can soft this problem?
need to know the vtec auto version all like this?
can all members help to soft this problem

for information i don't want change my auto gearbox to manual don't give suggestion to change the gearbox. thank

VanGogh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
i think when it shifts quickly it should be ok. Unless when it shifts too slowly.. then u might have a problem. Cos i had the problem of the gears shifting too slowly in my D16 previously. Besides that it was having problems reversing when the engine is cold. In the end i opted for a B16 half cut. Now its shifting normally. :)

VanGogh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
I'm using a B16 auto now . By the way, I'm just curious. Are you using a B18C Type R engine mated to a auto tranny? Is it possible? I thought Type R comes in manual. Would the ECU match the gear ratios in the auto tranmission? I hope someone else can also enlightened me :)

civic18c

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
kuala lumpur
i'm using b18c gsr blacktop auto not type r taken from db8 halfcut.
u not hear this engine before?

VanGogh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
Oh I see, but if you're using the same gearbox that came with the B18C its should be normal. But what does your mechanic say about this? Its rather odd when u say it changes too quickly. Maybe some other forumers can advice us on this?

civic18c

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
kuala lumpur
using b18c auto gearbox also same problem that why i change to ek4 auto gearbox to soft this problem but wrong they got same problem.

VanGogh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm.. maybe you can try driving a fren's or anyone's car with a similar set up to see if this quick transmission change is an 'isolated problem' you're facing or if its normal? :) Just my 2 cents...

suduRed

Known Member
Sep 27, 2005
Bdr.Sri.Dmsara
as i heard Honda Autogear box is hard to kong,im currently using b16a auto and never get problem on it,used the same box since the 1st owner,i`m the 3rd owner though....just reminding chg the oil frequently(ard 50k should be ok)...
next project im planning to install oil coolent on to it for more better protection...cheeearsssss

civic18c

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
kuala lumpur
as i heard Honda Autogear box is hard to kong,im currently using b16a auto and never get problem on it,used the same box since the 1st owner,i`m the 3rd owner though....just reminding chg the oil frequently(ard 50k should be ok)...
next project im planning to install oil coolent on to it for more better protection...cheeearsssss
good luck bro

EJ6SO4

Known Member
May 29, 2005
Kedah, Malaysia
Hmm.. i do it every 10K intervals... I'm planning to add a oil cooler to the gearbox too. :)
bro..its not advisable la to flushh to frequent....ATF chg normally evry 20K max according to the manual, flush if possible evry 3 time chg ATF (60K) according to what i've read la...correct me if im wrong....use only Honda ATF other brand dont know how cos never tried...:D:shades_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello...need info.looking for old sKool Toyota sifu (workshop) ...maybe best bangi,puchong ,kaj an g,....anywhere la.Thanks.:itsme:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience