DIY-Clutch Plate

yloon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
u crazy? remove gear box u need 2 jacks, jack ur car, jack ur gearbox, later how u going to lift up the gearbox back to engine? dont play aful with it. in the shop ppl and work in 2 when put back the gbox. :p

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
u need to remove the gearbox to replace the clutch... very troublesome job... my mech took about 1.5 hours to remove the gearbox... so many bolts...

if u are not sure bout it... pls dun DIY... it will be a nightmare to u....

there is one guy who DIYed it b4.. but he din take much pics... only the step by step in text.... damn loooonnnnggg... his nick is wan_wlb from the malay forums....

yloon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
:stupid: :stupid: yeah.... diy change cluctch plate..
can lah provide all the tools u r ready.

ThunderGod_Cid

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
I removed a GEN2 cluth before... its darn hard doing first time without any experience.
gotta hold the engine, hold the gearbox with jacks.
more mafan, gotta remove the cross-member, rear n front engine mountings, and the right mounting holding the gearbox. when wanna install, gotta align the damn clutch, clutch cover n flywheel together. dun do urself ar.... wakaakkakakak.

if can, 2 or 3ppl do enuf,1 look teach the other two how to navigate the jacks when putting up the gearbox. if 4ppl or 5ppl,2ppl will say 'up down, nonononono!! down down!!!'
5hours oso tak siap....

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
because of ZTH website alot sifu teaching ZTHians.......soon a lot workshop gonna bankrupt and lipat 1 by 1.......

yloon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
hope those workshop wont be so cocky, lcly, be more humble and gentle when doing our car. else i will DIY for changing clutch... hahahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys. Just want to share something with you out especially for those whose driving Proton Waja. Last CNY while on my way to JB i take a break at Seremban R&R for breakfast. Take a break around 15 minute.Then went back to car then start it up.Few second after that my engine suddenly die.Try to crank back but nothing.Its cranking well just wont start.I suspect battery flat out sing the night before I do some upgrading work for my ICE. Temporally disconnect all recently make connection and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience