• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

11000RPM

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Hi sifoos,

Recently my car got some issue with the block. I used caltex delo400 for my engine and suddenly it just "pop" and stop moving. No matter how i crank, it just can't start. Initially, i thought that ecu might have prob, now it looks like piston 2,3,4 don have compression. Now fixing, any advice from sifus?

PS:Delo400 is diesel engine oil.

nan83

Known Member
Nov 14, 2004
Pasir Mas,Kel
sorry to hear about the car.... (i'm the owner before him) ...
it not the diesel engine oil, i used it without any prob... my friend aso use it (evo2) .... the oil suitable for normal engine..

the pop sound happend while you hi rev or just normal driving???

have you check the spark plug, plug cable, ignition coil, cas sensor ????

i suspected the cam angle sensor prob or ignition coil..... try swap with your friend...

the engine already overhaul... just run it for 2000km before sell it to you....

erkkk... you already open the head??? why open it?? have check compression?? top piston & exaust valve is normal in black color...
if compression low also can start, head gasket blow also can start, piston ring patah also can start, oil pump kong also can start....
while you cranking, you can know the engine have compress or not.... if zero compression, the engine sound soo soft while cranking....

plz troubleshoot properly before do somthing bro.... i hope can help you... i still at offshore know... have prob pm me bro.... i'm back at 20/8/08...

11000RPM

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Yo bro,

I tested all already, ignition coil, the cam angle thing, check compression 2,3,4 takde compression at all.
Open up head, inside all have a thick layer of mud like things, bau tikus mati somemore. Uihh... I suspect is the engine oil tak ngam.
I've changed the head, changed mmc head gasket, compression now all chun chun but... still cannot start...
Wednesday going to tow the car to 1 of the mechanic here in jb who can trouble shoot haltech. Hopefully nothing happen.
Some say the ignition module burned...
Is that true?
Miss call me when u're back bro... :bawling:
I think that day i drive from kelantan till jb just stop once only. Is it overheat?

11000RPM

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Oh ya, i didn't rev the engine before because i worry abt the block. Maybe after change piston only rev. I took out the haltech ecu twice, is it i never plug in properly?

A Post Every 5 Mins

Guys,

im using Recaro Type-R red color.. theres like black marks coz of using the seatbelt on the right side ofcourse, the driver side.. a little black stain/mark else where also.. how to clean huh these type-r seat material?

Thanx guys..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience