changing engines.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

titan_m

Known Member
hi guys.
I'm currently driving the old kembara 1.3L Automatic. I feel this car is very underpowered, therefore thinking of changing engines.
do you have any suggestions??

isn't that the expensive one??
I heard it's going around RM6-7k.
any other engines?

btw, how about gear? I also feel that the gear ratio is not suitable.

lonelylilpig already gave you the answer...... yes the price is somewhat expensive (and some say hard to find), but still lower than say Honda B Series.... and lotsa honda owner change it anyway....

if i were you, i start to save up to get the Terios k3-vet hafkat..... for sure it has the gearbox to suit its power/torque curve anyway

....or you can try swapping in avanza 1.5 engine since avanza platform came from terios....

hi guys.
I'm currently driving the old kembara 1.3L Automatic. I feel this car is very underpowered, therefore thinking of changing engines.
do you have any suggestions??

Underpowered....1 of main reason kembara at all times 4 wheel And not like other 4 wheel car able to engage for 2 wheel run on the road.

For you infor..... most of the kembara owner remove the long shaft in order 2 wheel.
After removed, disadvantage can't run for jungle or mud tracking.

That all.....

:itsme:

There's a switch to switch between 2 n 4 wheels. If u're using terios Final Drive there wouldn't be a problem for the gear ratios !!

yeah, I also didn't know that there was a switch. I thought it's 4WD full time. Which I think it is, the only switch it know is the centre differential lock.
icic.

is changing the gear ratio possible?

central differential lock = 4WD
after u engage it then u can feel from driving tight corners especially hairpins and tight 90 deg corners !!

ah I see,
but perodua cars really have a very small turning radius. really good at U-turns.
how about the 1.6 4AG engine and the 1JZ engine???
anyone know the price??

4AGE silver top around 3.5 - 4 k
black top arnd (5speed) 5k
black top (6 speed) arnd 6.5k - 7k

1JZ i think around 5k gua ...... not sure .....

never tried lar, but according to some people from other forums. they said it's quite possible.

allright, now I know the engines already.
btw, are there any other mods possible for kembara?
like changing air filter, changing spark plug and stuff??
what is kembara capable?

Actually let say kembara DVVT, the power output is almost identical to the MYVis' does. It's just the amount of rotating mechanical parts cutting the maximum power output say from 100% power from engine to the wheel left 40% only. If want to gain power, i suggest reduce the big massive wheels weight, replace the short final drive ratio, get some good lubricant n fluids n whalaa u have a vroom vroom kembara......

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Boss central differential lock is same like LCD function....

KEMBARA IS FULL TIME 4WD... this is what i read in so many place...

EDWARD baca sini boss

Perodua Kembara

Friend, i don't want to argue with u lar.... U read from the article n i really jacked up the car up n running it in engage gear. Or u're right mayb that time that particular car centre differential kong liao or mayb my eye sight is getting poor.

Actually let say kembara DVVT, the power output is almost identical to the MYVis' does. It's just the amount of rotating mechanical parts cutting the maximum power output say from 100% power from engine to the wheel left 40% only. If want to gain power, i suggest reduce the big massive wheels weight, replace the short final drive ratio, get some good lubricant n fluids n whalaa u have a vroom vroom kembara......

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Friend, i don't want to argue with u lar.... U read from the article n i really jacked up the car up n running it in engage gear. Or u're right mayb that time that particular car centre differential kong liao or mayb my eye sight is getting poor.

boss correct boss if differential is on 4 tires will move ... same like LSD gua... but i also not sure... if you seen with own eyes you should be right... for me just a noob baca here there only...

So for conclusion, get a Kembara n test it in Top Gear way. After that drop it with a high lifted piano !!!

haha:)
chill lar you guys :) I keep on thinking that Kembara is full time 4WD, and what I think that the Centre Differential Lock does is that, it makes the 4 tyres move at the same time. it locks it together something like that.

yeah, I was thinking of getting my rims changed. because currently using JRD Rims. which my friend told me is super heavy. currently finding rims but little tricky because it's 5 bolts.

how do I change the short final drive ratio?

Top Bottom