• electronics

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
don't worry I won't be asking the voters to reply and show -hands :)

BTW

There's so many to choose from - amidst the obsticles of $$$, knowhow etc, which would you choose? Feel free to add in if I left out something, I'm sure there's something I don't know about.

1) stock ECU untouch
2) simple single carb
3) twin carb
4) weber
5) twin weber
6) what else ???
7) freedom
8) microtech
9) haltech
10) motec
11) pro-tech / leow-tech
12) SDS
13) tom's
14) IMEC
15) autoserve

for me - my limits is the lack of "know-how" in the department of "carburetor" hence I'll never choose one.

electronics management on a PC screen looks much easier to me....... as well as voltage and impedance, so my answer is electronics.

and due to current $$$ issues, stock ECU is my answer

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
no $$$$ issue???

of coz motec.....everything in this world we as a human can LEARN.thats how we start in the beginning...

if got money problem and u want outright performance....
carb is the way........hehehhehe

TE27levin

Known Member
Nov 23, 2003
Visit site
if i rich, i will go for carbie~ yea weber weber..
weber mix air/fuel damn kaw good compare to injection.
NOS7AGTE was champion of brunei drag AE86 weber few years ago ler....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

TE27levin

Known Member
Nov 23, 2003
Visit site
weber help better mixture, 4ag head well ported will flow well.. so both put together then can rev kaw kaw..

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
if i have a car just purely for fun and events it would be a rwd with 4age 16v and twin webber and some insane 300+ deg cams .... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :P :D :lol:

TRD16v

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2004
Tokyo, Japan.
Visit site
william once told me it will be a fun setup on carbie for my engine.. hmmmm.. totally agree wif his idea.. ehehehehee.. :) emmm i duno la but dun tembak me but i feel carbie give less problem yet u can mod anything u like n get the power of it although EFi can oso produce same as well.. EFi is good but the main concern is the electronic n wiring part n dat usually gives us all the headache where sometime there are faulty part happen on our cars... hehehehehe.. sory la sifoo sekalian i juz speak from wat i understand n know so dun tembak me k? ehheheehe... :P :D

Regards,
Mike

TE27levin

Known Member
Nov 23, 2003
Visit site
mike if u interest in carbie, pls get some book about weber tuning to study..
rejetting is easy u can test by ur butt dyno. mechanic can help u tune but they not drive the car everyday tuning is not 1 day job, ur butt will be the best guy to tell ur driving needs.

TE27levin

Known Member
Nov 23, 2003
Visit site
weber really sound cool man... i love the sound so much..
krook krrookk krrroookk then apply throttle.. wow..
:D :D :D :D

narx

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
and one more thing..
weber does not increase fuel consumption but applied to certain cases only

If ur running sidedraft and have to run around kl, then of coz lar.. looking for trouble.

weber<- save money compared to getting an ems
or don`t want use weber,

there is always SU carbs or Mikuni

cookie

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Originally posted by narx@Dec 19 2004, 12:33
and one more thing..
weber does not increase fuel consumption but applied to certain cases only

If ur running sidedraft and have to run around kl, then of coz lar.. looking for trouble.

weber<- save money compared to getting an ems
or don`t want use weber,

there is always SU carbs or Mikuni
ha ha if wanna fuel economy go 4 twin carb 2T engine carb + 4age engine yum yum

got power + nice for town drive he he :lol:

izadm

Known Member
May 31, 2004
im running twin weber 45 with 272 cams and ported head on my 4ag engine ..ts awesome above 4k rpm..as you know ,no rev cut..so all the way up there....a bit sluggish below 4k ..tuning is tough though...takes a bit of time but well worth the time and knowldge gained..sounds awesome as most of you may know..but you get people saying how bad carbs are and their inconvenience...but i think its a pay off...if you wanna experiment fuel and air mixture at its basic form then go for it...

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by izadm@Dec 19 2004, 16:49
im running twin weber 45 with 272 cams and ported head on my 4ag engine ..ts awesome above 4k rpm..as you know ,no rev cut..so all the way up there....a bit sluggish below 4k ..tuning is tough though...takes a bit of time but well worth the time and knowldge gained..sounds awesome as most of you may know..but you get people saying how bad carbs are and their inconvenience...but i think its a pay off...if you wanna experiment fuel and air mixture at its basic form then go for it...
agree!!
but mind ur valve spring dude....

but if sound.........heheh im sorry to say..but i love a 4throttle from EFI than carb....
carb sound kasar.but from EFI its loud gradually turn soft.........its like virgin crying ......but slowly slowing down crying coz syok!!muahahhahahaha

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
Yameteh! Yameteh!! Yameteehh~ yameteehh~~~

first very painful, after get used oledy, dats y the crying gradually turn soft :lol: wakakakakakakkakakaa

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
nowadays can die trying to find a good tuner for carbies ... so 99.99% will just end up using electronics laaa .. :P

SubVerSiv

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
I think if really wanna compare, it is better to leave out money problems and lack of know-how to tune.

Duit boleh cari, ilmu boleh timba. Malas tak malas, lain cerita.

Tuning accuracy is what really counts. Accuracy = Performance.

If you wanna tune to a radio station, do you prefer to use the manual dial rather than the digital buttons, for accuracy?

I'll vote for electronics.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im currently wire tucking my car. I wanna change my A/C stock rubber + aluminium hosing into full braided hose from the compressor until inside the car cabin. Have anyone done this to their honda or any other car? I know honda ppl like to do this..I just wanna know what kind of braided hose dat were used? where can i get the hose?

Thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience