Car wiper problem.....

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Originally posted by stargate@Oct 16 2004, 22:30
I clean my wiper after a car wash with a damp newspaper. There is a black layer stain from the wiper.

In my case, there's only sound when the wiper change direction.
bro wht do u mean by change direction? i cant do anythin even change new wipers..still keep on skipping and irritating sound produced

Originally posted by khguan@Oct 17 2004, 00:46
me using DURA EDGE... happy user... my previous car nissan sunny used it for more than 5 years...

now just change it for my wira... no prob...

my advice is always keep ur wiper blades clean... always clean de wiper blades when u wash ur car...

i'm using together with Rain-X.. :)
duraedge with rain x ?

but the duraedge technician advice me not to use rain-x , coz it will make the wiper skip....

well.. dat depend on ur wiper moving speed.. if fast is ok.... if old car ah... de motor weak liao.. then will have jumping sound.. - thud thud thudthud

anyway.. even if de wiper jumps.. it wun spoil de blades.... my previous sunny wipers are jumping.. and used for more than five years... no prob B)

Visited Einos @ OU yesterday to check on prices of the wipers. PIAA is selling at bout RM100 per blade. And dura edge is bout RM40 per blade. But weird thing is, the salesman there said that PIAA doesn't provide any warranty for their wipers. And dura edge is lifetime warranty and even has a direct manufacturer warranty. Weird. :unsure:

wiper judder problem?

1.cheap solution

use damp newspapers and rub it on your windscreen. and make sure your wiper is clean ed everyday

2. second solution

buy a windscreen polish.cost around rm12.90. and it works.

Originally posted by khguan@Oct 19 2004, 17:09
well.. dat depend on ur wiper moving speed.. if fast is ok.... if old car ah... de motor weak liao.. then will have jumping sound.. - thud thud thudthud

anyway.. even if de wiper jumps.. it wun spoil de blades.... my previous sunny wipers are jumping.. and used for more than five years... no prob B)
but when wiper jumps the windscreen will not be clear apart from the irritating noise.

silicon wiper is like that ar.. will 'jump' if the windscreen is dry

but when raining, it will wipe smoothly..

i've been using my dura edge for more than 6 months.. still okay

for my car.. no probs using DuraEdge n Rain-x... when dry.. de wiper still wiper.. but damn slow... cos got friction mah.....

not experiencing any kind of wiper jumping

my advice : ALWAYS KEEP UR WIPER BLADES CLEAN.. B)

Heard from ppl that if ur wiper jumps, it means the "angle" of ur wiper is not correct thus the swing is not chun then will cause jump. Heard from accesories shop guy that can adjust the angle of ur wiper so it wouldn't jump. I dunno, mine ok not jumping. Only jumps when abit dry. :P

Originally posted by khguan@Oct 25 2004, 13:56
for my car.. no probs using DuraEdge n Rain-x... when dry.. de wiper still wiper.. but damn slow... cos got friction mah.....

not experiencing any kind of wiper jumping

my advice : ALWAYS KEEP UR WIPER BLADES CLEAN.. B)
eh yea.. slow.. not jumping.. hehe

lazy owner

i just wish there was a solution for someone like me.

i park my favourite car (it is my favourite because i don't have to care for it much) under sunshine and rain. i wash it maybe 3 times a year.

what i'd like is to have wiper blades that last a long time like what i've been hearing about the silicone wiper blades while the cleaning of the windshield is left to the windshield spray.

is anyone already doing this successfully?

i don't mind
the wipers juddering but i really dislike any noise.

:)

Dude, you got try using the windshield polish or not? But one and use it la.. otherwise put shampoo in your wiper wash and spray your windshield everytime it starts to make the noise.

Worst case scenario? Change your windshield :D

Izso said:
Dude, you got try using the windshield polish or not? But one and use it la.. otherwise put shampoo in your wiper wash and spray your windshield everytime it starts to make the noise.

Worst case scenario? Change your windshield :D

yes, i use the windscreen polish by autoglym. it is quite all right. thanks for your reply. :)

yeah.is free..i am using my 11th pair of SWV wiper...still the wipping is not clean cause is jumping....and making sounds...your technician said..this happens on alot wira

no doubt ur after sales service is good....

SWV-Servicing Team

bryan90s said:
yeah.is free..i am using my 11th pair of SWV wiper...still the wipping is not clean cause is jumping....and making sounds...your technician said..this happens on alot wira

no doubt ur after sales service is good....
bryan90s,
when was the last time you get this service? you mind send me your location and address i can go to yuur place personally for that service.

my old wira give me the same problem. dunno how many pair of wiper i changed, give up at the end.

is it SWV?

BlackSamurai said:
my old wira give me the same problem. dunno how many pair of wiper i changed, give up at the end.
Black Samurai,
Is it SWV wiper you change or other brand? if it is SWV then pls let me do a servicing for you.OK

i use normal rm20 el cheapo bosh wiper..wopokrs fine la..

if its start squicking..just clean it with more soap..

everytime wash car..clearn teh wiper also lo...

trim the wiper also

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom