Can new Wira 1.6l (M) gearbox still be found?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
hahahahaha...new gearbox for rm2k???

:rofl:

joking rite....

halfcut gearbox for wira/satria 1.6 costing around rm2.5k woooooooo

if just synchro....replace the synchro will be good enough...many sparepart does have synchro for proton/mitsu gearbox....dun worry

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
That's what I was thinking. *NEW* gearbox for RM2000?

Change your mechanic. FAST. Fucker trying to pull a fast one on you.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The mechanic probably gonna use diesel and clean bersih bersih the exterior of a used GB, and claim it as new GB to the customer....$$$ masuk poket

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The mechanic probably gonna use diesel and clean bersih bersih the exterior of a used GB, and claim it as new GB to the customer....$$$ masuk poket
That is why I always tell my friends, sure is recon or just rewashed.......at least recon means the internal have been changed.....:driver:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hahaha!!!

rewash GB as recon unit? surely gonna con ppl off their money...

Progen

Aug 26, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
if just synchro....replace the synchro will be good enough...many sparepart does have synchro for proton/mitsu gearbox....dun worry
Do you mean new synchro gears or reconditioned ones? The main gears are fine. Clutch is fine too. No slippage or funny sounds / feel once engaged so if I can get new or reconditioned ones in good condition, then I suppose I should be able to use the car for another 5 years or so. Right now it's a bit of a chore to drive since I use engine braking a lot as well and have to change my shifting style to avoid those 'bad' gears which then again happens to be almost all.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if the gear box open up oredi, might as well replaced the worn/rosak ones with new items..

Some cases, mech could even do preventive repair....when there is signs of wear and tear.....before actual breakdown occurs..

Progen

Aug 26, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Ok, sorry if this sounds stupid but what you guys are saying is that it's possible to find NEW synchromesh gears because if that's the case, then I'll definitely get them replaced as soon as possible because the main gears are fine. Just the synchromesh ones are not.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Ok, sorry if this sounds stupid but what you guys are saying is that it's possible to find NEW synchromesh gears because if that's the case, then I'll definitely get them replaced as soon as possible because the main gears are fine. Just the synchromesh ones are not.
new synchro yes readily available in major sparepart shop

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Wira common can get, you think VR one can get, because last time mine I bought 2nd hand GB and transfer over.....:bawling:
evo gearbox also nowadays hard to find....the 1-2-3 ratio very nice....especially coupled with gsr 4th-5th...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Sifus, :wavey:

Will car battery die if you go on holiday without anyone to start your car for a period of say 1 week or longer?

Cheers :driver:
Richard
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience