C180k/200k sport

moppy

Known Member
Feb 9, 2004
Last week I went to test drive the c kompressor. There's one Sport model in the showroom.

Very nice especially the caliper written out Mercedes. Also the bucket seat :D

lumghini

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
JB
members.cardomain.com
Originally posted by moppy@Aug 31 2004, 11:49 PM
Last week I went to test drive the c kompressor. There's one Sport model in the showroom.

bucket seats in a benz???
any pics??

moppy

Known Member
Feb 9, 2004
Yes MB too but no pic kawan.

U pop in MB showroom lar.. :lol:

lumghini

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
JB
members.cardomain.com
everytime i go don have one lehz...is it the one with many body stickers and a GT wing??
if thats the one than maybe next time i'll go have a look......

WRX STI

Known Member
Feb 2, 2004
Originally posted by moppy@Aug 31 2004, 11:49 PM
Last week I went to test drive the c kompressor There's one Sport model in the showroom.

Play wit 1 c kompressor B4 @ NS highway very fast car...Both of us 200+ all the way...Wah u all very rich ppl leh!

moppy

Known Member
Feb 9, 2004
Originally posted by lumghini@Sep 8 2004, 12:29 AM
everytime i go don have one lehz...is it the one with many body stickers and a GT wing??
Nvr seen MB with GT wing b4, friend.. I think u make a mistake, might be MBABC (Mercedes Benz Ah Beng Club) :lol:

Nope.. it's just look sporty... hmm... let me try to find some pic in the net first.

:)

moppy

Known Member
Feb 9, 2004
Originally posted by WRX STI+Sep 8 2004, 06:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WRX STI @ Sep 8 2004, 06:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-moppy@Aug 31 2004, 11:49 PM
Last week I went to test drive the c kompressor There's one Sport model in the showroom.

Very nice especially the caliper written out Mercedes. Also the bucket seat  :D
Play wit 1 c kompressor B4 @ NS highway very fast car...Both of us 200+ all the way...Wah u all very rich ppl leh! [/b][/quote]
Hey if u r driving the STi, to smoke a kompressor is sap sap sui lar..

Any NA car at 3 lit can sapu c200 kompressor liao.

I test drive the kompressor b4, nothing special... frankly speaking, only look nice, didn't impress me at all at the technical specs and power. :D

Both C180k and C200k are at the same capacity... it's actually around 1900cc more or less, can't remember the specs.

Both hv different power output due to the compression ratio is different. Also C200k only has boost higher pressure. When I asked the salesman running at how many boost, he said dunno....

From my experience I look at the intercooler, the capacity and the power output, the boosting pressure might be between 0.6 ~ 0.9 bar.

Last time my friend has a Audi A4 1.8T, running at 0.4 ~ 0.5 boost. It's 1800cc pump out at 150bhp. Err... there's one small intercooler, very small, like 4G93T i/c.

Those German is also started to cheat us... hehehe... :)

faxsmoulder

Known Member
Jan 8, 2004
Seremban
www.alexsitan.com
Wah Miata, now looking on German Car oledi lar. Dun wan play Jappie car already. hehehe. So how r you man? Long time newer catch u up.

From my point of view, the new 1.8 K engine is much much more better than the 2.0 K. The C 200k Vs E 200k (1.8L) both i drive back home, the E class perfome much better. I can feel more TOURQUE. Easily over take any car wit a light tap at Gas paddle. Compare to C class the engine still good lar but afterall if u gonna choose between those 2 engine, go for the 1.8k

At first i tot something wrong wit my C-class engine after been drving the E-class, then i call the Service center and they told me that the new 180k more powerfull. Imagine, the E-class more heavier than C-Class, how about if the 180k inside the c-class. Of course then u can;t compare this wit ur mighty Evo 6.5 lar..hehehe. Both of the Merc are CBU model. i Dunno about the CKD one lar.

And i saw the E-Class INTERCOOLER for the Kompressor. It look cool man like those BLITZ type. But it;s not tall lar.. i think around 5 inches tall. The width i not sure but it;s as long as the intercooler bay. Made by BEHR.

Oh yeah, 1.8l engine cheaper road tax. Bro Julian, once u got the C-class sport edition dun forget me ya

coldfish

Known Member
Feb 21, 2004
Originally posted by moppy+Sep 8 2004, 10:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (moppy @ Sep 8 2004, 10:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by WRX STI@Sep 8 2004, 06:37 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-moppy
@Aug 31 2004, 11:49 PM

Very nice especially the caliper written out Mercedes. Also the bucket seat  :D

Play wit 1 c kompressor B4 @ NS highway very fast car...Both of us 200+ all the way...Wah u all very rich ppl leh!
Hey if u r driving the STi, to smoke a kompressor is sap sap sui lar..

Any NA car at 3 lit can sapu c200 kompressor liao.

I test drive the kompressor b4, nothing special... frankly speaking, only look nice, didn't impress me at all at the technical specs and power. :D

Both C180k and C200k are at the same capacity... it's actually around 1900cc more or less, can't remember the specs.

Both hv different power output due to the compression ratio is different. Also C200k only has boost higher pressure. When I asked the salesman running at how many boost, he said dunno....

From my experience I look at the intercooler, the capacity and the power output, the boosting pressure might be between 0.6 ~ 0.9 bar.

Last time my friend has a Audi A4 1.8T, running at 0.4 ~ 0.5 boost. It's 1800cc pump out at 150bhp. Err... there's one small intercooler, very small, like 4G93T i/c.

Those German is also started to cheat us... hehehe... :) [/b][/quote]
all kompressor engines for C-class (180K, 200K and 230K) are 1.8liter since beginning of 2001. Model M271 E18. Previous generation are 1.8L, 2.0L and 2.3L respectively. MB played with boost pressure and compression ratio using the same capacity engine to mimic the same power they got using different capacity engines. I work in the MB engine plant and i can't even tell the boost pressure of the superchargers. it's all governed by the ECU. not surprising that the salesmen don't know, he's just honest :) we only know the compression ratios. the C230K engine has a more efficient supercharger fron Eaton.

faxsmoulder,

the C180K cannot be more powerful than the C200K if that's what u meant. unless, u meant that ur C200K at home has a 2liter engine and the E200K has the new 1.8L kompressor. then yes, the service advisor is right.

dun play with any MB's on highways. their suspension gives them the cruising advantage compared to hard bumpy susp japanese sports usually have. and their gearing is at high speed is awesome. it can go at 200km/h for a long long time and not overheat because of its highly efficient cooling system at high speed. imagine a C180K from karak to kuantan using the new highway, 190+km journey completed in 50 minutes. road proven :) we really love company cars.

faxsmoulder

Known Member
Jan 8, 2004
Seremban
www.alexsitan.com
Cold fish,

I agreed wit wat u said. The New 1800cc Kompressor engine inside the W211 model is powerful than those previous 2000cc Kompressor. I think it;s because they using the Variable Valve Timing technology added wit belt induction. Haha even wit the E200k, i manage to clock from S'ban to Sgp 2nd Link (senai utara) within 2 1/4 hours. Easily clock 200km/h at highway wit Bloody Comfort Ride and the best part of it, Fuel Efficient! Really salute those German technology, no wonder old ppl always say Merc Better than those Jappie Sports car. B)

moppy

Known Member
Feb 9, 2004
Coldfish,
Yes I agree MB play with boost and compression ratio that's why i said b4. The capacity is the same. It is not consider 1.8L, it's actually close to 1900cc.

The boost pressure is control by the ECU??? I'm not sure about this but if this is true then I believe the car must be fitted with electronic boost controller. :D

coldfish

Known Member
Feb 21, 2004
Originally posted by moppy@Sep 10 2004, 12:23 AM
Coldfish,
Yes I agree MB play with boost and compression ratio that's why i said b4. The capacity is the same. It is not consider 1.8L, it's actually close to 1900cc.

The boost pressure is control by the ECU??? I'm not sure about this but if this is true then I believe the car must be fitted with electronic boost controller. :D
1900cc? hmm.. where did u get that information from? i'm quite positive it is 1798cc.

rest assured, there are not mechanical boost controller in the engine. if u compare the variants of C180K and 200K the only parts are pistons and ECU. everything else is the same. the C230K however has a better supercharger, and also pistons and ECU. the boost is "governed" by the ECU. i dunno if it's what u'd call an EBC. but u can't reprogram a standard SIM4 ECU unless it's sent back to germany to be flashed. so the boost is pretty much fixed. also, each ECU is mated with its main CAN system of the vehicle. the ECU is specific for each engine and vehicle, not swappable. that way we can't simply slap in a C230K ECU into a C180K and make it run like one. also, if you fried one, you have to order one from germany, specific for your vehicle. :)

btw, there are more than 20 ECU's in a C-class.

lumghini

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
JB
members.cardomain.com
Originally posted by moppy+Sep 8 2004, 10:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (moppy @ Sep 8 2004, 10:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lumghini@Sep 8 2004, 12:29 AM
Nvr seen MB with GT wing b4, friend.. I think u make a mistake, might be MBABC (Mercedes Benz Ah Beng Club) :lol:

Nope.. it's just look sporty... hmm... let me try to find some pic in the net first.

:) [/b][/quote]
but i saw the car at cycle and carriage JB...full body stickers...cannot be wrong!!

lumghini

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
JB
members.cardomain.com
Originally posted by Autoracingsyndicate@Sep 12 2004, 12:48 PM
:blink: lumghini u c tat wan is a c class o not ? guys o mab he saw the vodafone dtm c class lar.... :huh:
confirm is a c class....dunno wat stickers r on the car....cos not realli interested with stickers covered continentals.....

lumghini

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
JB
members.cardomain.com
Originally posted by lumghini+Sep 11 2004, 17:47 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lumghini @ Sep 11 2004, 17:47 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by moppy@Sep 8 2004, 10:00 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-lumghini
@Sep 8 2004, 12:29 AM

:)
but i saw the car at cycle and carriage JB...full body stickers...cannot be wrong!! [/b][/quote]
this is the one i saw.....

moppy

Known Member
Feb 9, 2004
Wah Ah Beng MB :D

Anyway.. thanks for the pic.. I hv no idea what's that... haha..

Hey I just received an invitation from CnC, they invite me to test drive their new MB.

The letter written out "NEW GENERATION C180K AND C230K"

What's that? Wrong printing ka??

I heard new 230 engine coming end or next year :unsure: