Boost Controller

sakakida

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
KL
Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year and wishing everyone to have more modding their cars hehehe :_:

I'm wondering which boost controller is the best deal to buy and great in functions. I got one Blitz SBC DC controller from the previous owner in Japan but the controller head was stollen in the port when it arrive and seem like i can't find back the same one as this.

HKS?Greddy?Apexi?Blitz?

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
I`m using HKS EVC4 ... personally i like it so much especially the boost gain.Responsive and accurate boost controller I ever used. Looks....awesome~

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
yup

i have to agree with u kaminari. im using evc 4 in my skyline any boost respond is good.. really nice but it seams the boost sometime goes over setted boost by 0.04bar . im also using profec b in my gtir and boost setting is moore accurate but responds not as nice as evc4

sakakida

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
KL
so means the evc is better then profec b?

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
EVC is better
but EVC is freaking hard to setup

Profec B is simple and easy to setup
and value for $$
Brand new vs Brand new price la

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
cmng said:
EVC is better
but EVC is freaking hard to setup

Profec B is simple and easy to setup
and value for $$
Brand new vs Brand new price la
Yup, the EVC (2-4) is damn hard to set. Remember the EVC4 that u sold to me 3 years ago, I gave it up. Sold to a forumer. He then sold to another member. Then the member sold to another, and another..... and until now I still can see that EVC4 still for sell. The unit is working fine, not broken. It is the setup. The learning mode and setup are fcuking confused.:confused_smile:
Profec B is user friendly. :_:

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
not only the learning mode and setup
even you by pass the learning mode it freaking headache as well

sakakida

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
KL
Wow seem like the EVC going to cause a lot of time to set up but do they have anyone expert in this EVC in sunway or somewhere?

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
EVC is not for beginner to setup
it really complicated
but once you able to set it up nicely. voila !!

Profec B or B Spec 2 is very simple to set up and yet it till able to hold the boost nicely..

Profec B is consider basic boost controller only
only high and low setting.. no fancy fancy stuff
not even have scramble mode
good for a beginner

sakakida

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
KL
hhhmm so is there any shop in sunway expert in this EVC? or have to wait at quater miles for Eiichiro Sawa hahahah and pay a bom for it.

anyone heard or know about Blitz SBC DCII boost controller? seem like can't find any of that in town.

sakakida

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
KL
yeah was thinking of that but i already have Mine's ECU so don't think will need Power FC hehehe so just get a controller will be great.

anyone have any idea on the Mine's ECU?

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Yaa,I agreed tht HKS EVC is among complicated boost controller I`ve comes accross. Most difficult is EVC 3 US spec, took me abt 1 hour to set and need driver as well to set it on the road.
It`s more fun once u know how to full utilize EVC.

Mine`s ecu, is gud but not in Malaysia.Unless it was tuned n rechipped here.Different RON of petrol, climate temperature surely being look over at.Japan rechipped ecu have been tuning accordingly on wht modification being made and suits Japan environment.I believe lot of owner here who is using Japan rechipped ECU facing problem with too rich a/f and more worst knocking engine.Yet, very very bad FC.

sakakida

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
KL
Sound EVC is a good choice to go with if we know what to set for it.

I check that the Mine's ECU is only can be tune by Mines itself and we i need to send back to Japan for tuning, it will cost 500 pound.... damn that hurt. I think i still will end up with a piggy back over it. But is there any expert around town that deal with this kind of rechiped ECU?

fcruz3r

Dec 18, 2006
am using profec b ...previously had blitz dual sbc....prefer the greddy unit...both holds boost spot on ...but the profec b has the option of remote switch..to attach on to the steering wheel to switch between hi/lo boost settings...give u the real F&F feel..hahhaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hallo...if i wanna do some modification on this, do suggest me what kinda throttle body should i use to replace this stock throttle body...help plz... :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience