Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

BMC style filter element

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
I just bought my RC's BMC style air filter on last Saturday (22 July 2006)
I noticed that the filter element inside is not cotton type anymore. What i see is wire mesh type. I bought the whole set which the same as review by Tom himself.

But only different is the filter element. Did RC changed the filrter element to wire mesh type or i get cheated ??

Need to know about it..Thank you

i didnt know there was a cotton type. mine is also wire mesh.. kinda cone type inside.. i didnt really examine it tho. but sure its not cotton. mind if i ask what car ur fitting them on?

hmmm...its never been a cotton bro...as far as i know RC BMC style filter element is similar to KNN's element...those like paper/wire mesh type.....

Satanic, my wrong. Yes RC's filter element is like K&N wan. Cause i dont know how to call it so call it coton type...

But i bought that time is Wire mesh only...just like the Blitz wan...so need to clarify wether RC got new type filter element or its a fake wan...
How to determine what is the real thing RC BMC or the fake wan ??

leftfot, i'm driving a 206

Last edited:
well, first of all. where did u buy it? what does it come with?. how is it attached to the cylinder? by normal screws or alan key?

i bought mine straight off from the showroom in sunway. comes with the aluminium CAI and fasteners. screwed by alan keys to the cylinder. price is around rm450.

i noticed another bmc style made in taiwan. it doesnt come with the aluminium CAI and screwed to the cylinder by normal philip screws. price around 370 for the cf filter alone. but its noticable that the taiwan made is slightly smaller.

Left foot, i bought from a performance shop that sells RC stuff. Advan Racing and yes the whole set is same as urs and the the screw is alan key type also.

does it come with the aluminium CAI? if yes. i think u have the real thing. but coming to think about it, even RC adopted the design from BMC. so to say the 'real' thing. the one from BMC is the real thing. hehehe.. the BMC CDA costs about 3 times that of rc's. :shocked:

hmmm...last time i worked in RC advan racing seremban is one of RC's distributor...and they carry RC stuffs...

A Post Every 5 Mins

toyota861-600x383.jpg

Word has it that Malaysian auto enthusiasts will soon see the return of an automotive icon to our shores. As we eagerly await the launch of the spiritual successor of the legendary AE86, we at Zerotohundred.com decided to take a drive back to where it all really started.

Long before the Toyota AE86, Toyota already had a strong history in the sports cars market. It was way back in 1965 that Toyota...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom