Best engine to replace my 4A-FE in a AE111?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Shinda

Hi

i'm wondering what the best engine drop would be to do in my AE111 - easiest probibly the best, was thinking maybe of a 3S-GTE or something

Possibly just turbo charge my FE?

Last edited:
i mean moved ......

:D

while you wait for reply you can check out some of the sifoo's car (and other toyotarian's too) in the pinned topic... might give you some clue :D or maybe read the previos post... some got discuss already.

Shinda said:
Hi

i'm wondering what the best engine drop would be to do in my AE111 - easiest probibly the best, was thinking maybe of a 3S-GTE or something

Re-Post

Go for the 4AGE. :)

I'm after a turbo engine and i think for that supra comment :D

I don't think it will fit there will be no room

Can fit, you just need to shift the steering wheel to the backseat and drive it from the backseat :)

Just joking :P 4A-GE is the best, prolly you can look for the silvertop or blacktop version. Direct plonk in. Less hassle and maintenance.

and you can enjoy the heavenly sound of the individual throttle. :) i find putting your face within 1 foot away from the throttle and then pull the throttle cable all the way is a feeling that you won't forget for quite some time :D

Shinda said:
Hi

Re-Post

4A-FTE! Turbo also!! hehehee

Lolz no road tax for me i'm in New Zealand but petrol is so expensive.

is the 4a-ge black top with a t3/t4 turbo on it sound good?

Shinda said:
Lolz no road tax for me i'm in New Zealand but petrol is so expensive.

is the 4a-ge black top with a t3/t4 turbo on it sound good?
20v turbo ar.. not very sure but what people had been talking is the valve stem of 20v is weaker, and the quad throttle isn't good with turbo.

but there's still people do 20v turbo, and there's a few in the forum. ask them...

but if you want it to "sound" good, you still need open throttle, like using 4 trumpet :D if not the sound is muffled.

The ultimate recipe for turboed 4A-GE would be the 4A-GZE block with a 4A-GE TVIS head + non-TVIS intake manifold :D

4 trumpet still best to keep NA, sound is soooooooooooooooooo nice.

I believe I remember reading... Cynicks has done some background check on 3sgte in AE111... I think the main issues are:
1. too much work for custom mounts
2. might be too heavy
3. engine area VERY tight... meaning not much room let for anything

20V BT the best... I think.

HMM N/A Ripping sounds means.... :D are the intake manafolds on a 4A-FE and Black Top 4A-GE the same? thinking of getting trumpets for my engine then when i can afford the 20v BT i change straight over.

Sorry I don't know shit but learning fast :P

thanks guys

If not mistaken, u'll still need quite a lot of $$$ to match the 4 throttles onto the 4A-FE, as u need a different adaptor plate for the throttles, as well as upgrading of engine management, might as well go straight for the 20v BT after u save up more.

Just my 0.5 cents.

yip i need the cash first but found a 6 speed gear box engine ecu and everything done 96,000k's and shit 20v black top engine. Now i know how much they cost i start saving

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom