Best CUSTOM-MADE bodykit builder

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

max_75

Known Member
HI all,

thinking to survey which and where is the best CUSTOM-Made bodykit builder. I mean they design and do it all.. I saw alot of car on street with custom-made bodykit with DAMN poor quality - the surface of the bodykit looks "wavey", this is the thing that i MUST avoid. So any pro please advice.

Thanks.

To me, a good kit builder will give you a kit that has good fit, but not necassarily good finish.

Good finish depends on the paintjob guy. Good prepping equals smooth surface. It'll probably takes a lot more time and money than most ppl would like, that's why you see a lot of shoddy works.

Even my car's finish was poor. not so bad that it's an eyesore, but still always nagging me at the back of my mind. Now redoing the exterior, hopefully it'll turn out better.

hang around a certain shop..see how they do their job.u can learn alot about their attitude towards their work.

actually this is how we think that a good finishing is suppose done by paintjob guy, and the fiber guy only do the shape; but this is not right since if you want the fiberguy to do kevlar or carbonfibre and you don't want to paint on it, the paintjob guy is not involve here.

I'm willing to pay more money to get a nice finish and nice fitting kit rather than nice fitting but after the paint it looks like a build from scrap paper..

the molding here is very important, but i don't really like to get into those shop to see how they do becoz fibre & resin dust is HARMFUL to body..haha..

so would like to have those car owner who have experience in custom made body kit to share their experience.

oh ya... i once saw a BMW E46 3 series with bad finishing M3 look body kit, and at that time that BMW doesn't even worth a look.. poor owner..

I don't think you get custom carbon weaving in M'sia. The only good one I know is Racecraft, and they don't do custom. I've ask before. Some other shop did tried to do it, but it'll deform during high speed.

The other I can think of is to find a paint guy that would be able to do a carbon fibre look finish using paint. It's not as hard as you think, just not sure if it's possible to get it done here.

My 1st kit was done in daichi, hence the poor finish. Getting it redone in my mech's shop, he's 'affliated' with a fibre shop. Finished works are quite good, not my car yet though.

that's y until now i don't really dare to take my car to them, but i heard and see some of the bodykit builder in JB really done some good job.. I saw 1 AIRBRUSH pink kenari with customize body kit in Autoshow, but the finishing is nearly perfect for a customize bodykit. anyone from JB can give some comment??

coming soon. the front bumper/apron would be ready by next week. Will comment about it once I've seen it.

wat abt bumifibre? r they good? coz im visitin them soon as well since i couldnt find my desired bumper in most of chop shop around here. . sad

bro, mine is custom bkit..good job but far...but when u need a good job expect a little more $$$ and longer time to complete..

ivan7 said:
bro, mine is custom bkit..good job but far...but when u need a good job expect a little more $$$ and longer time to complete..

so where is the fibreshop?? do you have any picture to show?? Thanks.

Specifically JE in Pandan Indah only.
Workmanship is pretty good in there..

I'll pm u the link of my pics..

finally some picture... so can you tell me where is the lip come from and what they have customize?? actually i'm looking some shop which can design and do a whole bumper or bodykit.

the whole front lip, side skirt, and rear lip.
u can go there and look through all their designs or u can print out ur own design and show it to them.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom