Before trading in a car...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Pkchair

Feb 4, 2006
Hi all,

I am currently contemplating on changing my ride, and am trading in my 10 year old manual Wira with its fair amount of war scars (read: dents and bents).

Would it make a significant price difference if I spend some money on touchups before trading it in?

My mileage is very low... about 70,000km. Will I be able to trade the car in for a higher price with this?

Thanks!

Evo48

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
PJ
Pkchair said:
Hi all,

I am currently contemplating on changing my ride, and am trading in my 10 year old manual Wira with its fair amount of war scars (read: dents and bents).

Would it make a significant price difference if I spend some money on touchups before trading it in?

My mileage is very low... about 70,000km. Will I be able to trade the car in for a higher price with this?

Thanks!
10 years ah....maybe less than 20K loh.....where is uur location plz? i got some fren in sales car. he might help u.

fluxz

Feb 6, 2006
Pkchair said:
Hi all,

Thanks!

If you are trading in your car, its better not to spend any amount

Lets say you paint your car and body work cost you 1500

Its better you have it traded in for 1500 less as you have no waste time

But if your car need 1500 repair, you can always get a better deal than less 1500 trade in value

btw, its your choice

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
i think it quite hard ohh... cos more than 10 years car, most bank don give loan for it.... unless buy cash lo....

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
sell to end user will gain u some profit but to the expense of spending extra in paint touch up; even complete respray.

loose the problem of selling car by leaving it as it is. the dealer will try cut here and there, but in the end you will lose also. we all lose when it comes to re-sell car...

dealers have contacts with spray workshop. normally, a coat of complete respray doesnt cost them much..maybe about 500 or so. they can kautim one. let them worry about that.

unless, u got one confirmed buyer and he requested of new layer of paint, then u can do so at an agreed value with regard to the transaction.

it will be win-win situation.

bmw_m3

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
loan depends on the person, the car, the background,blablabla... it all depends..
but yeah quite hard to get..

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
i called once to ask for a loan..the 10years was the limit..not older than that.

yeah..the buyer might not get a full loan.well..its all up to the buyer la.

bmw_m3

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
full loan obviously cant la.. partial wan low possibilities loh..
unless u loan 1k? hahahaha