AWD conversion on FWD

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

kairigi

Known Member
MLOC bros, what do you think about the conversion? Anyone of you did this please share some info. I will either be getting Evo V lower arms or the AWD drivetrain..

On what reason this kind of conversion need to be done? :hmmmm:

Better sell off your AWD Evo and buy something with originally come in FF form...FD2R maybe :idea:

well i was talking with my friend and he really said no to the conversion.. ariel, im driving a lancer not an evo haha. but turning into an fr sounds fun :D

err..hope dun mind interrupting, i'm driving a lancer oso n oso wanna noe how its being done, some say need to do some cut n weld on the rear under carriage as to fit in the rear differential, is that true??:hmmmm:

you need the gearbox drivetrain ex: drive shaft, propeller shaft, rear diff, lsd, arms, and everything thats why people never bother to convert. labour charge at least 5k, parts i duno lah. plus not recommended on NA engines.

i see..i think i have almost all the parts except long shaft,came together wit the h/cut that i bought last year,but it remains at my fren's w/shop n unfortunately i have locked my gbox to 2wd..need to find other gbox n long shaft only if wanna cnvert to AWD..

powerful enough for awd conversion.. but i think u better stick to locked lsd. front or rear? and why do you want awd?

i hv locked my gbox dat means front rite?y better locked lsd bro?they say handling esp.cornering at high speed is more better..if u hv wut i hv now..do u convert it to awd or jez maintain on 2wd?

yea true, locked lsd is good for high speed corners while pressing the gas :) more grip and power to the ground.

but definitely evo engine with 2wd not that gud when cornering..dats y they convert it to awd in order to fit in everythng on the undercarriage parts..like mine i on the front only use the evo5 arm,etc. ...on the rear part,cant do..hv to stick wit the lancer stock arm n stuff..as a result u cannot use the rear brembo..

can, just have to change the ball joints from threaded to no thread.. ive been researching abt this also.. on other forums say they managed to do it, since the rear arms are longer than normal, the ball joint threads are also different from stock.. btw actually 2wd and awd really depends on how u drive, unless u drive like track racing on normal roads, awd normally front and rear power transfer is 30/40%F - 70/60%R, divide power into all wheels is maybe around 87.5x2 hp front 37.5x2 hp rear, and calculate power loss from heat and long shaft = you count (tip: less power) on 2wd, lets say u have 250whp. so on both front u get 125whp each, plus the engine in front gives more grip and less power loss.

Last edited:
that is something i've been searching for,i think it'll solve d problem regarding my rear brembo :top: about the hp distribution,maybe i will stick on 2wd for the moment or maybe forever(thinking about the power loss)..haha,anyway..any other things that i need to consider whether to convert it to awd or juz stick wit current setup?btw,the car is only for wknd drive,sometimes only bring to work..got other car to go to work,hehe...

Hahaha, if its a weekend car to burn some fuel, then you can consider 50/50 hahaha, i wont mind if its a weekend car, unless its daily driven lol! well, if you have more plans for power, then awd is good, since power distribution is better, but actually i typed wrong there (was vry slpy last night haha) power transfer can be adjusted, i dunno how but can be 40%F - 60%R (R35 GTR) and other percentages, but u need to ask any sifu who can do that and it wont be cheap. if u can get more power to the rear then u can 4 wheel drift :P so its all up to u now, 2ws or awd :D

haha, its alright bro..all in all,it depends on me whether wanna do the conversion or not,maybe thinking of letting go the ride in a few months (maybe....) hehe, looking for the real evo or something which comes with rwd (also maybe...) for the drift,hahaha...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom